All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:54 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm to say that trump had nothing to do with vaccines and lay almost all distribution issues at his feet doesn't lend anyone as a neutral observer.

These accomplishments are remarkable, but they are not “miracles,” in the sense that they sprang fully formed from work that began in the spring. They relied on basic research done over decades in government, academic and company research labs. Even the financial model used to insulate vaccine makers from financial risk traced back to an agency that Congress created in late 2006 to incentivize companies to develop urgently needed medicines.
so we tied with russia and china. or beat them if objectively measured so far on at bats to get to quality.

everyone else a distant 4th.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:18 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:41 pm to say that trump had nothing to do with vaccines and lay almost all distribution issues at his feet doesn't lend anyone as a neutral observer.

These accomplishments are remarkable, but they are not “miracles,” in the sense that they sprang fully formed from work that began in the spring. They relied on basic research done over decades in government, academic and company research labs. Even the financial model used to insulate vaccine makers from financial risk traced back to an agency that Congress created in late 2006 to incentivize companies to develop urgently needed medicines.
so we tied with russia and china. or beat them if objectively measured so far on at bats to get to quality.

I can’t believe Trump got that vaccine out so quickly. I can believe he lied about our reserves.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:21 pm

I can’t believe Trump got that vaccine out so quickly. I can believe he lied about our reserves.
but yet he did. just an amazing story.

he lied about our reserves?
Typical Lax Dad

Trump and Putin hard at work in the lab in a rush to develop the vaccine.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:27 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:21 pm

but yet he did. just an amazing story.

he lied about our reserves?
No. May have been a falsehood. There is plenty to go around.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:28 pm Image

i'm convinced someone told trump or he heard it on tv that if he gets vaccines going, that's the cure and he can stop chasing down ventilators, ppe, hcq approvals and bleach and luminescent winners.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm

i'm convinced someone told trump or he heard it on tv that if he gets vaccines going, that's the cure and he can stop chasing down ventilators, ppe, hcq approvals and bleach and luminescent winners.
My take....try to push a vaccine out before election. Have a half-ass rollout plan. If Trump wins, he could BS his way through a roll out. If he lost, it’s Biden’s problem. People already laughing at Old Joe’s plan and he ain’t on the clock yet. Me, I don’t care what Joe does....I am not going to pretend that I do.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:52 pm
https://beta.cp24.com/news/2021/1/3/1_5252163.html

saw an article with a list twice as long but this will do. canucks need better role models.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

How do you think that Trump impacted vaccine development? Did he lean into that, perhaps use the Defense act to secure supply chains, increase production of key aspects required?...or was his enthusiasm only when coming down the stretch toward the election? Seems to me that he was telling America we wouldn't even need the vaccine, the virus would go away anyway...right?

My view is that he set the tone on every aspect of virus management, especially the notion that this was a state problem, the federal gov't wasn't actually responsible...and we're seeing this again in the vaccination delivery mess...

But perhaps you see that differently?
No argument that Trump alone doesn't deserve all blame for all snafus...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:37 pm

Yup, but that pivot really only began after the summer surge wouldn't go away...and he could see the upcoming election...the scientists were doing their thing within days of genetic code released...
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:07 am
How do you think that Trump impacted vaccine development? Did he lean into that, perhaps use the Defense act to secure supply chains, increase production of key aspects required?...or was his enthusiasm only when coming down the stretch toward the election? Seems to me that he was telling America we wouldn't even need the vaccine, the virus would go away anyway...right?

My view is that he set the tone on every aspect of virus management, especially the notion that this was a state problem, the federal gov't wasn't actually responsible...and we're seeing this again in the vaccination delivery mess...

But perhaps you see that differently?
No argument that Trump alone doesn't deserve all blame for all snafus...
we stand alone as the one country globally that generously funded as many as 5 or 6 vaccines that may make the cut for the world with a directive to get at it asap.

you find it appalling that trump gets any credit for that and in reality did nothing, but should be drawn and quartered for distribution. some poetic license at the end there but thesis is that's not exactly non-partisan.

as far as distribution... my guess is we way underestimated healthcare worker intake. maybe we didn't take enough polls. wider populations and some learning curve i expect or hope kinks to be worked out.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:53 pm Operation Warp Speed leaders waited more than two months to approve a plan to distribute and administer Covid-19 vaccines proposed by U.S. health officials

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-v ... 1610737935

"We are rounding the corner..."

"It will go away by itself..."

"After Nov. 4th, no one will be talking about COVID..."

MAGA
I think we get it and agree. Trump is an a**#&@* and he along with the feds are to blame for the situation we are in. Yet, isn’t this old news by now, why keep beating a dead horse?

How about we look forward instead of bitching about what has already transpired. Hopefully, Biden will be able to deliver on his promise of 100 million shot in his first 100 days.
How about we can "walk and chew gum at the same time".

Seems to me that recognizing the hole we're in, how we got here, the difficulties associated given the disappointing failures that will be the reality upon takeover, are all important as we think about the going forward parts.

Part of this is just asking people to FINALLY recognize that what our leaders in authority say, and do, matters.

Right now I'm skeptical about the goal of 100 million in 100 days, given this recent news that the reserves had already been shipped...the supply lines appear not as robust as we'd been led to think. So, maybe the hole is even deeper than we thought just a couple of weeks ago...and deeper than what the Biden folks may have been told...
You are being completely disingenous with this comment. (above, in red)

Interest is indentifying problems? Historically, you have shown zero evidence in this earnest quest.

I would put it so far that you are indeed hostile and mocking at those the end sentences with question marks. Posters like wgdsdr, .... even bart.
I apologize, in advance, if you have provided insight into a list of specific failures regarding the covid event.

1. PPE production (still made overseas, WHY ? ) (ID factories in US that can transform quickly if not enough. Bring machines back to US if you have too )

2. C.A.R.E. act, and the fact the the LAW distributes funds for covid related procedures. Unprecedented , as far as I know, that we have reimbursed health care functions, vague as the law floats easy fraud. (you haven't shown concern over this budget, sure marks of a fiscal Conservative like you ;)

.....you can provide flow charts, metrics, whatever fancy TUCK word you want to call it.

You have shown ZERO interests in

a. ID'n problems
b. solving them..

you have shown interest in blaming others, for problems that you refuse to pin point

...and now, you and jhu72 are being bigoted and lumping ALL blacks, latinos...into a dynamic of doubt regarding taking an upproven vaxx.

The folks that take care of your mother in law up here in Massachusettes........my experience is that they are Cape Verdian or Haitian..... NOT African Amercian. .knowing Creole , or even a little French, goes a long way.....some other name for that specific dialect.

Like a large number of the population, any demographic, knows about Tuskegee......and you guys are certainly unwilling to research who the "players" were. The ones doing the experiments. The "sciencetists" Where were they from...........nazi germany or Hopkins Med school? exactly

face it.......you and others have shown zero interest in solving problems , some poster keeps on posting "see....tRump" stuff. Why?

Come on, come back with ONE problem. And than, offer a potential solution to that problem. I already put the ball on the green for ya.......

we will all wait for you wisdom
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:45 am a) i expected a chaotic rollout. especially as we heard that healthcare workers were getting it first. identifying that pop vs. an age group was going to lead to this. i expect similar issues throughout if we attempt to similarly stratify populations. is the vaers system going to be more workable? how about those folks that aren't tech savvy capable or accessible?
b) i did not want trump within a thousand miles of distribution. my non-educated guess is he had/has as much to do with a preferred rollout as with vaccine funding and development. could there have been a much better collaboration with states? the answer is of course (but not surprising) , and a lot of that lies on the wh admin and a decent chunk on congress.
c) i want hhs, fda and cdc to be handling a lot of the big picture stuff. do they have a lot of a+ logistics folks? my guess is no. if there was one thing i would hindsight laser focus on, it would be that. public/private partnership, whatever whoever could take those reins. that would've entailed being prepped well ahead for all eventualities and a very large task. so still there would've been myriad problems.
d) the second dose thing creates a 10x problem. i'm decent at numbers, and having thought about it dozens of ways, i still don't have an answer. something maybe for the cray supercomputer. maybe the only solution is to not worry about it if folks couldn't get on time. the fda to date has been unwilling to do that, and maybe that will change.
e) i didn't take azar's comments tue and fri as off the rails. what it looks like is
-- they had made the decision some time prior to do what they did... and didn't announce publicly. by production levels, it's several days worth.
-- it's more than possible states weren't clued in early enough. however, 2 things about that. in general, states have loads of vaccine not in arms. hhs probably took that into account. there have been numerous scale downs since even after approval for the vaxxes on production, and maybe just recently it's going in the other direction. so possibly for a month or more the states will have what they need if they can roll with the punches and changes as well.

2 things need to happen (actually more, this is a herculean task). logistics experts need to have the largest voice. and be clued in by the health guys on production, storage, manpower, etc.

and the groups of eligibles need to be simplified, as well as delivery sites. large, scale... parking lots, tents, etc.
Tracking a brand new vaxx status and efficacy , solely using volunteer, self reporting system. Is lame. VAERS and VSafe are such lousy tracking programs. And all you pretend liberals, don't care a lick that the Vsafe program IS only available on a smart phone. (economic bigotry)
Oh.....and ONLY in English.

Friggin pay to play club lacrosse programs have better tracking systems............but you guys don't wanna dig up the grave and NOT wonder why we trust bigpharma to roll out an effective vaxx so soon. remarkable ;)

Pfizer ever have to pay FINES for fraud? :lol:

carry on
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You take the vaxx yet, big guy, buddy ole pal?

exactly
runrussellrun

U Trust?

Post by runrussellrun »

You folks are trusting THIS company with the covid vaxx?

Any of the same gang of ethical "sciencetists" and MBA types kicking around at these bigpharma places?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice- ... ts-history

"This historic settlement will return nearly $1 billion to Medicare, Medicaid, and other government insurance programs, securing their future for the Americans who depend on these programs,"said Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Department of Health and Human Services"The Department of Health and Human Services will continue to seek opportunities to work with its government partners to prosecute fraud wherever we can find it. But we will also look for new ways to prevent fraud before it happens. Health care is too important to let a single dollar go to waste."

"Illegal conduct and fraud by pharmaceutical companies puts the public health at risk, corrupts medical decisions by health care providers, and costs the government billions of dollars," said Tony West, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Division. "This civil settlement and plea agreement by Pfizer represent yet another example of what penalties will be faced when a pharmaceutical company puts profits ahead of patient welfare."

"The size and seriousness of this resolution, including the huge criminal fine of $1.3 billion, reflect the seriousness and scope of Pfizer’s crimes," said Mike Loucks, acting U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts. "Pfizer violated the law over an extensive time period. Furthermore, at the very same time Pfizer was in our office negotiating and resolving the allegations of criminal conduct by its then newly acquired subsidiary, Warner-Lambert, Pfizer was itself in its other operations violating those very same laws. Today’s enormous fine demonstrates that such blatant and continued disregard of the law will not be tolerated."

"Although these types of investigations are often long and complicated and require many resources to achieve positive results, the FBI will not be deterred from continuing to ensure that pharmaceutical companies conduct business in a lawful manner," said Kevin Perkins, FBI Assistant Director, Criminal Investigative Division.

"This resolution protects the FDA in its vital mission of ensuring that drugs are safe and effective. When manufacturers undermine the FDA’s rules, they interfere with a doctor’s judgment and can put patient health at risk," commented Michael L. Levy, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. "The public trusts companies to market their drugs for uses that FDA has approved, and trusts that doctors are using independent judgment. Federal health dollars should only be spent on treatment decisions untainted by misinformation from manufacturers concerned with the bottom line."

"This settlement demonstrates the ongoing efforts to pursue violations of the False Claims Act and recover taxpayer dollars for the Medicare and Medicaid programs," noted Jim Zerhusen, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:58 pm Biden Vacs. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/15/worl ... carce.html
We can NOT read this.

Why do people keep on posting paywall links.

There are other sources for this type of written news besides the Post and NYT

Or ,we could all take a little more time, sit back, and actually think about what we just posted, and why. What purpose does it serve?

If one critiques the "new" adminstration.....does that mean we voted for tRump? :roll:
runrussellrun

Rare earth

Post by runrussellrun »

Why are we tolerating all this talk of "scarce supplies" when it comes to the VAXX that we paid for.

Are there rare earth minerals in this vaxx.......

Can anyone answer this question: Why can't we just make more of the vaxx? incubation periods? lack of necessary ingrediants.......what gives.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:30 pm An angle I didn’t mention in my previous post is as follows. At least the questions I was required to answer online started with something like “do you have or have you ever had” the following conditions.

I had asthma as a kid. I don’t have it anymore, but I truthfully answered that I had had that condition.

I never smoked, but a former smoker could truthfully answer that he or she “had” been a smoker.

On the one hand, I agree that it is a positive thing to get more people vaccinated sooner. On the other hand, with appointments being limited, I don’t like the idea of line jumpers. And I don’t like the idea that the state apparently is allowing young people such as smokers to get vaccinated ahead of others.

In New Jersey, if you have or did have one of the enumerated conditions and you are between the ages of 16 and 64, you are technically eligible to get vaccinated. So a healthy 30-year-old who smoked in his teens can get a vaccination while a healthy 64-year-old can’t. Doesn’t seem right to me.
Personally, I have zero problems with someone wanting to jump the line, if only to calm their anxiety down. Can't fault individuals for indulging their "survivals skills" and self preservation.

No, the problem I have is that there IS a process that even allows "line jumping" in the first place.

DOC B hasn't offered up some "top notch" solutions.........just more "but tv realty show guy"

Return to “POLITICS”