2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2020 Elections - End of GOP rope?

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:45 pm At the end, who are you to tell anyone what to do?
So after yelling at every poster here for "doing it wrong', you're going to come back with "who are you to tell anyone...."

I'm not the one telling other posters what to do. You are.

My suggestion was: If you think we're not talking about the corruption of X, Y, or Z enough....great. Start your own thread, and stop yelling at other posters.

If this is your idea of telling other posters what to do, while your nonstop berating of every poster on here isn't, yeah, ok.

There's an easy solution to this complaining of yours....start contributing new threads instead of just whining about other posters not posting what you want them to post. I'm all for it. Knock yourself out.

Or not.

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:45 pm You're new here" translates to "be quiet, the longtimers are in charge".
Yep. If you take it out of context, sure, that's one meaning.

But if you put it in context, the poster in question was doing what you're doing here: telling us that we didn't criticize something or someone. When in reality, we did indeed do that.....but because they are "new here", they couldn't possibly know that we discussed that issue ad nauseam. That's what I meant by that comment.

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:45 pm If I go to the Financial woes thread, I expect to read spending bills, where the money comes from, where it goes, stuff like that. Not sure what Stormy (william dafoe in drag) Daniels has to do with GDP......but there YOU are.
I have never once typed Stormy Daniels, or discussed her. This forum has a search function. You know that, right?

As for spending bills, I cited every one of them for Bandito when they were signed, as a matter of fact. Have discussed them dozens of times.

Happy to do it again. Again, feel free to start a new thread if you want to discuss it more. I have no idea why you think this means I'm telling you what to do......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:13 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:58 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:39 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:35 pm Meanwhile, middling middle ager's look to this stuff:

https://www.scribd.com/document/4108373 ... olututions

and

https://apps.irs.gov/pub/epostcard/cor/ ... 060195.pdf

Why IS it. that when you call out a wrongdoer, you get labeled. Wrong is wrong. guess not when it's someone YOU like.

And this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_ ... Foundation :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/obama-libr ... 1564506589
Read it a long time ago. See “Opinion” heading. Let me know when the feds or Po Po go after him. I will re-read it. Wasn’t so straight forward if I recall but hey Obama ain’t no saint either. Another politician but seems less crooked than others.
Key word " seems"

.....yup, while wearing MDLAX's tux and roaming around Manhattan after "coming out" (Debutaunt ball )......she sure seemed friendly, rubbing the crotch reason with the left hand, lifting the wallet with the right. Thank goodness early 80's and the AMEX card was easily cancelled. No harm, no foul, right?
Wake up.
OK, then what?
If I'm not mistaken, TLD is suggesting you appear to be babbling again, perhaps talking in your sleep.
It's extremely difficult to follow your train of thought.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:19 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:10 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:51 am I'm of the view that "good fences make good neighbors", a fundamental function of government is to enforce those "fences".
Now you really have us all confused, you comment really seems to differ form your perspective on our southern border....bigly.

MDLax should laugh at this post. Because it is fire.

:lol:
:lol:

No worries, I'm all for good 'fences' at our border. Just not dumb walls.
:lol: :lol: You are just digging yourself deeper.

I can hear you now calling Long Fence:

MDLAX: Yes can you come out to my home and build me a good fence.
Long Fence: Certainly, but what is a good fence?
MDLAX: It's not a bad wall.
LF: Sir, I do not understand.
MDLAX: Precisely.
LF: Sir you are confusing me, would you like me to build you a fence?
MDLAX: Yes, but it must be a good one, one that help me look like a good neighbor....and never a bad one.
LF: Why is that?
MDLAX: Because I will need to write a dissertation to explain why I am correct and you are wrong.
LF: Sir, are you okay>
MDLAX: OF course I am, I attended Dartmouth.
LF: I can stop by anytime.
MDLAX: Did you hear me....I attended Dartmouth.
LF: Yes sir I heard you. Is that the school that is diong poorly in lacrosse?
MDLAX: It depends.
LF: On what.
MDLAX: Things that only I understand.
LF: Oh, like a good fence and a bad wall?
MDLAX: Yes, indeed yes.....you are hired.
LF: Can I go now?
MDLAX: yes...but wait you do not know where I live.
LF: exactly. Have a good day sir. CLICK.
MDLAX: Danged Fox News and MAGA people are everywhere these days.

Have a great day MD! :lol:
Was this supposed to be funny, youth?

I refuse to believe you didn't actually understand my point.

Got something to say actually on that point?
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Brown: Interesting to me that not one journo bothered to mention how wealthy Cummings’ wife is and how transparently fraudulent her company is.
Not sure what Mr.Cumming's wife has to do with his legendary ability to bring disparate factions to the table. Have you ever attended a funeral? If so,do you consider that usually solemn ceremony a proper forum to discuss the deceased spouse's net worth?

Are you by any chance a devout evangelical?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:40 pm
Brown: Interesting to me that not one journo bothered to mention how wealthy Cummings’ wife is and how transparently fraudulent her company is.
Not sure what Mr.Cumming's wife has to do with his legendary ability to bring disparate factions to the table. Have you ever attended a funeral? If so,do you consider that usually solemn ceremony a proper forum to discuss the deceased spouse's net worth?

Are you by any chance a devout evangelical?
You mean a devout CHINO.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Will MDLAXFAN have the new Congress person, replacing Cummings, on speed dial? Or, is that Dutch?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:31 pm Will MDLAXFAN have the new Congress person, replacing Cummings, on speed dial? Or, is that Dutch?
Actually neither are my Rep.
Mine is Jon Sarbanes.
He's not on my 'speed dial' (!) but it sure feels like I'm on his for all those automated reminders to dial into the frequent telephonic 'town halls' he holds with his constituents. We ALL get those calls. I do happen to know Jon just a little because we serve on a BD together, he's a fellow Gilman alum, and I have friends who are close to his dad.

I've 'met' Dutch a couple of times but he wouldn't know me from anyone else.
Never had the pleasure of meeting Cummings. I'd have loved to have shared a meal and extended conversation with him. He came across to me as the 'real deal', a true believer in our democracy and a strong advocate for our hometown of Baltimore.

But could I get an audience with a Rep or Senator from MD if I truly wished? Sure.
So, could you.
But it would require a topic of actual mutual interest, relevant to their jobs, and in which I (or you) had something to actually add to their understanding of the issue. Otherwise, their staff would rightfully screen us out for anything other than their general access in public forums.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

He and Putin may get along even better. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Did a stint in Kentucky, Louisville was actually a great little city to live in.

McConnell has a history of overperforming but he's got an impressive woman fighter pilot running against him with a lot of outside money being funneled in to both campaigns.

Kentucky is the embodiment of the PJ O'Rourke quote: "The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it"
a fan

Post by a fan »

I can tell you this much. Bourbon producers are NOT happy with Mitch-y.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:12 pm I can tell you this much. Bourbon producers are NOT happy with Mitch-y.
Dated a girl who lived near Frankfort. Apparently there was a big spill in the '80's / '90s where a lot of product made its way into the river where their town got their water. Apparently the showers, water fountains and other publicly fed water lines smelled like bourbon for a few weeks.

I'm not sure if that's a plus or a minus.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Lizzie hands in the math homework for Medicare for all -- $20.5 trillion using some helpful assumptions.

I think we eventually will get to a single payor system, and she does point out some important stuff -- like how many trillions of dollars employers are already paying to private health insurers. But her plan is preposterously over-ambitious as the way to get there -- it will never ever ever happen.

I look for Biden to start surging in the polls. The voters are in the mood for mac n cheese, not an artfully intricate piece of avocado toast.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:24 am Lizzie hands in the math homework for Medicare for all -- $20.5 trillion using some helpful assumptions.

I think we eventually will get to a single payor system, and she does point out some important stuff -- like how many trillions of dollars employers are already paying to private health insurers. But her plan is preposterously over-ambitious as the way to get there -- it will never ever ever happen.

I look for Biden to start surging in the polls. The voters are in the mood for mac n cheese, not an artfully intricate piece of avocado toast.
Interesting stat that popped up in my Twitter feed today or yesterday - if you are older than 50 you want restoration of order in DC, but if GenX/Millennial, you want real and substantial change...
ggait

Post by ggait »

Agree. But the relevant question is which demo is stronger in Wisconsin among likely voters?

Latest WI polls show Biden +6 over Trump; Warren +1 over Trump. Biden +7 over Warren.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Biden did surge after the Huntergate gambit fail on the part of Trump.

I suspect the impeachment diversion works to Biden's benefit.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Beto O'Rourke is getting out of the race.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Guess he won't be taking my AR-15...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:18 pm Guess he won't be taking my AR-15...
.. probably won't be taxing any churches either.

Return to “POLITICS”