All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:29 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:03 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:56 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:52 pm The worst way to be wrong.
we need the federal government to be doing more of everything during this pandemic. it should be national. these guys are the best and brightest.
Um...this is a private company that has delivered a *hitty test. Why aren't you pointing fingers at the free market fail?
We would be better off with no federal government. As a matter of fact, better off with no government at all. Every man for himself.
or i should fall off a turnip truck and spitball on fanlax convinced that i know what level of government should be handling what during an unprecedented pandemic. or that.
It’s all spitballing. Not sure I have read where the federal government should be doing everything. I would hope they would utilize resources individual states don’t have and work to be helpful as best they can....always room for improvement...I know what isn’t helpful....telling people it is a hoax and its going away in a few weeks on its own....You can disagree....not sure having a foot doctor as an architect of the response is helpful...but maybe it is.
no worries. i've read plenty for both of us.

we've had a bunch of scientists that have gotten a bunch wrong. not surprising in some cases. though i don't understand why i'm answering to your last points.

seems like a non sequitor.
I would bet you have not read anything that says the US Federal Government should be doing “everything” to fight the virus... responsible for all aspects? ...we all tend to exaggerate but maybe you have. Its a new virus...I am shocked we got some things wrong. 360 thousand dead and counting....could have been worse.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:29 pm
we need the federal government to be doing more of everything during this pandemic. it should be national. these guys are the best and brightest.
Um...this is a private company that has delivered a *hitty test. Why aren't you pointing fingers at the free market fail?
We would be better off with no federal government. As a matter of fact, better off with no government at all. Every man for himself.
or i should fall off a turnip truck and spitball on fanlax convinced that i know what level of government should be handling what during an unprecedented pandemic. or that.
It’s all spitballing. Not sure I have read where the federal government should be doing everything. I would hope they would utilize resources individual states don’t have and work to be helpful as best they can....always room for improvement...I know what isn’t helpful....telling people it is a hoax and its going away in a few weeks on its own....You can disagree....not sure having a foot doctor as an architect of the response is helpful...but maybe it is.
no worries. i've read plenty for both of us.

we've had a bunch of scientists that have gotten a bunch wrong. not surprising in some cases. though i don't understand why i'm answering to your last points.

seems like a non sequitor.
I would bet you have not read anything that says the US Federal Government should be doing “everything” to fight the virus... responsible for all aspects? ...we all tend to exaggerate but maybe you have. Its a new virus...I am shocked we got some things wrong. 360 thousand dead and counting....could have been worse.
and i would bet you've never seen me say anyone said that the feds should be doing everything.

but unfortunately, you've made a habit lately of misquoting and misrepresenting what i say. oh, well.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 pm Some recommendations in 2009....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1 ... po=1.72414

Probably best to just start from scratch though..... leave pandemic response up to each individual local without sharing any info..... but set federal standards for voting. Yep seems sensible and well thought out.
you're trending into mdlax territory for making ish up. have to say it's disappointing.
Its an exaggeration for Chester as he thought your response was so funny...(see his 😂)..... HE wants fed help with elections HE seemed to find it amusing to have a federal response to a pandemic.... you are a limited government guy, I believe, and are pretty consistent.....
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 pm Some recommendations in 2009....

Probably best to just start from scratch though..... leave pandemic response up to each individual local without sharing any info..... but set federal standards for voting. Yep seems sensible and well thought out.
you're trending into mdlax territory for making ish up. have to say it's disappointing.
My fault. I misunderstood your post that people think the government should be doing more of everything. I interpreted it as “everything”. I hadn’t read where anyone thought that. You were responding to the article about poor testing. I read into your post without the context and didn’t pick up what I believe to be the sarcasm. My fault. Don’t want to put words in your mouth. I can find enough to debate about here without doing that.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:56 pm

Its an exaggeration for Chester as he thought your response was so funny...(see his 😂)..... HE wants fed help with elections HE seemed to find it amusing to have a federal response to a pandemic.... you are a limited government guy, I believe, and are pretty consistent.....
No, I found it funny that you so are consumed with post count and an immediate cynical reply, that you forgo actually listening or considering others ideas. Two ears, one mouth....for a reason.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I'm no expert, but it's easy to spot stupid, and it's in charge. How to do better is easy. How to do a lot better is another problem entirely.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:12 pm

No, I found it funny that you so are consumed with post count and an immediate cynical reply, that you forgo actually listening or considering others ideas. Two ears, one mouth....for a reason.
😂😂 Get back to me on the need to button up the voting rights act and how the feds need to do it...since it’s been such a problem.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:14 pm i'll admit to being a little early if this company is legit with an impeccable rep, history and references.
Boeing had 100 years of experience in designing airplanes. How'd the last plane do? Past performance is no guarantee, and all that....
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:14 pm but by the article... because they chose a company run by a 25 year old with no healthcare background to protect our legislature. while just reading that makes me wonder why i would want to be protective...
Sure. And that's more than a fair point. But you're still leaving out the free market fail part of the equation. Although it would be fitting if this was more political corruption at work.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:59 pm

My fault. I misunderstood your post that people think the government should be doing more of everything. I interpreted it as “everything”. I hadn’t read where anyone thought that. You were responding to the article about poor testing. I read into your post without the context and didn’t pick up what I believe to be the sarcasm. My fault. Don’t want to put words in your mouth. I can find enough to debate about here without doing that.
wgdsr, I'd appreciate it if you'd save any disagreements with me when I'm actually in the discussion. Just caught this snide aside. Not sure what that was brought on by...you having difficulty with people following your reasoning again?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:27 pm

wgdsr, I'd appreciate it if you'd save any disagreements with me when I'm actually in the discussion. Just caught this snide aside. Not sure what that was brought on by...you having difficulty with people following your reasoning again?
and as i've said before, i'd appreciate it if you didn't misrepresent what i say. then again, i have had about enough of it and am gonna pick up the habit!

sounds like fun!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:12 pm

... facial symmetry.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:27 pm

and as i've said before, i'd appreciate it if you didn't misrepresent what i say. then again, i have had about enough of it and am gonna pick up the habit!

sounds like fun!
:D I'm just asking that you save your challenges of my "misrepresent"ing you for when you specifically think I've done so and address me directly. As I've said, it's never been my intent to "misrepresent" you or your views, I'm generally just trying to parse your meaning and sometimes I've indeed taken you the wrong way. But never my intent to get it wrong.

From the above, looks like some sarcasm crept into the back and forth from various posters, including you, and views got pretty muddled in all that. Glad I wasn't part of it on this one.

If I haven't wished you a Happy New Year yet, let me do so now...hoping you and yours have a great 2021!
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

“The government will begin to consider declaring a state of emergency in Tokyo and its neighboring prefectures,” Suga said Monday during the first news conference of the year. “New cases have not declined. On the contrary, they continue to climb which means stronger measures are necessary.”

On Thursday, the nation logged a record-breaking 4,520 new cases of COVID-19. Two days later, a formal request was submitted by the four governors calling on the central government to declare a state of emergency to stop the virus from spreading further.

Compared to over 200k in US per day. Japan is at a total rate of 1,964 cases per million pop, US is 65k per million pop. 29 deaths per million pop compared to 1,001 deaths per million pop in US.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Holiday effect now kicking in.

Daily case rate well above 200k, looks like headed north to 300k on steep trajectory.

Just broke 4k deaths in a day for first time.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm starting a new Corona thread. The title of this thread is, to be kind, silly and to post within it, for me, feels like playing along with this silliness. If no one posts within this new thread except me, I do not care...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:30 am I'm starting a new Corona thread. The title of this thread is, to be kind, silly and to post within it, for me, feels like playing along with this silliness. If no one posts within this new thread except me, I do not care...
why not move the posts over as well...

In either case, I'm happy to join the new thread instead.
"silly" is indeed "kind"...too kind IMO.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:32 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:30 am I'm starting a new Corona thread. The title of this thread is, to be kind, silly and to post within it, for me, feels like playing along with this silliness. If no one posts within this new thread except me, I do not care...

Make your case with Admin...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:34 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:32 am

Make your case with Admin...
Admin...you listening?
This is my last post on this one.

Return to “POLITICS”