All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm i don't see 3 times anywhere but i'm sure you can find a metric somewhere.
Yeah...I admit that that was a rhetorical trap.

In other words, you're telling me that we're "only" paying 2x+ what Canada is paying, and we're getting a worse outcome for our total population?
no, i said your link had it at only 2 times. and again... worse outcome is your definition of worse outcome.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm not everyone agrees worse outcome.
If you are only looking at the outcome for your own family? Sure. My family gets world class care. No if's and's, or but's.

What I'm talking about is the outcome for our population as a whole. And using that metric? You can't argue that our results are worse. Pick a metric, and I'm happy to go over it.
yes, again this is your call for a better outcome. everyone covered, right? i don't know what the number is, 10% no healthcare? we've done this before --- because we have 10% of the population that has no/bad healthcare, you say the answer is for 100% have healthcare and have it all run through the government? as i said at the top, we won't agree.
for the record, what polling i've seen has shown that 67% people are for all people to have access to healthcare (medicare). so depending on elections today or maybe not even that, you may be seeing that soon.
and also that only 40% of people are for 100% all-government run healthcare for everyone, and 60% to have a private option.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm ....anyway, we'll be able to leverage canada's covid vaccine development
:lol: And why do you think Pfizer and Moderna have vaccines, my man? Where do multinational pharmaceutical companies get their R&D cash from?

Banks? :lol:

Turn off the R&D taxpayer spigot for these companies. Watch what happens. I've posted this before-----the last decade's worth of drugs getting FDA approval all----100% of them----received R&D money from taxpayers.

Did taxpayers get royalties? F no. Why? Because we have millions of Americans who think that we're in a free market, and those drugs come from free market forces. Nope.
i understand this frustrates you. you picked the wrong industry.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:00 pm
CU77 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:54 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:46 am what is weird is why la county? 70 degrees every day. business restrictions. stay at home orders. masks.
My daughter lives in LA County. According to her, lots of people not staying home. Lots of people not wearing masks, even more wearing them carelessly (eg with nose exposed). When she went out for evening walks in her neighborhood during Xmas week, she frequently heard parties going on.

Trump got 27% of the vote in LA County. That's a whole bunch of people who think covid is going to go away, like a miracle.
85/15 rule for COVID.
i have a brother and sister-in-law there and i heard it's mostly biden voters.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:46 am what is weird is why la county? 70 degrees every day. business restrictions. stay at home orders. masks.
My daughter lives in LA County. According to her, lots of people not staying home. Lots of people not wearing masks, even more wearing them carelessly (eg with nose exposed). When she went out for evening walks in her neighborhood during Xmas week, she frequently heard parties going on.

Trump got 27% of the vote in LA County. That's a whole bunch of people who think covid is going to go away, like a miracle.
85/15 rule for COVID.
I wonder if the virus knows that?.....must be the hats.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:43 pm

85/15 rule for COVID.
According to you all, it does, and Trump controls it. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:52 pm

85/15 rule for COVID.
That’s your guy! At least he fights for something

It’s a hoax. Ain’t nothing but the flu
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:58 pm

85/15 rule for COVID.

this happened at like one block of a couple of malls. the rest of the city was fine.

my cousin goes and gets a latte and says the hubub on mask protests is overblown.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:58 pm

85/15 rule for COVID.

this happened at like one block of a couple of malls. the rest of the city was fine.

my cousin goes and gets a latte and says the hubub on mask protests is overblown.
Like the burning elk in Portland.... ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Story that hasn't gotten much play. This is a problem everywhere. This is just part of a bigger story. Vaccine distribution has not been done equitably in general. There are disparities state to state.

No question health care workers in Maryland have been well behind the curve in getting vaccinated compared to many other states as well as differences between big MTF, small MTF, public facilities versus for profit facilities. Some of this (the state to state distribution) lay at the feet of the federal government. The rest lay at the feet of the Maryland government. It's almost like they do not / did not understand how healthcare really works. Who does what jobs.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:52 pm The worst way to be wrong.
we need the federal government to be doing more of everything during this pandemic. it should be national. these guys are the best and brightest.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:07 pm
we need the federal government to be doing more of everything during this pandemic. it should be national. these guys are the best and brightest.
Um...this is a private company that has delivered a *hitty test. Why aren't you pointing fingers at the free market fail?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:56 pm
Um...this is a private company that has delivered a *hitty test. Why aren't you pointing fingers at the free market fail?
We would be better off with no federal government. As a matter of fact, better off with no government at all. Every man for himself.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i'll admit to being a little early if this company is legit with an impeccable rep, history and references.

but by the article... because they chose a company run by a 25 year old with no healthcare background to protect our legislature. while just reading that makes me wonder why i would want to be protective...

i thought the answer to your question was obvious.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:03 pm
We would be better off with no federal government. As a matter of fact, better off with no government at all. Every man for himself.
or i should fall off a turnip truck and spitball on fanlax convinced that i know what level of government should be handling what during an unprecedented pandemic. or that.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:16 pm
or i should fall off a turnip truck and spitball on fanlax convinced that i know what level of government should be handling what during an unprecedented pandemic. or that.
It’s all spitballing. Not sure I have read where the federal government should be doing everything. I would hope they would utilize resources individual states don’t have and work to be helpful as best they can....always room for improvement...I know what isn’t helpful....telling people it is a hoax and its going away in a few weeks on its own....You can disagree....not sure having a foot doctor as an architect of the response is helpful...but maybe it is.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:32 pm
😂
Chester! :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Some recommendations in 2009....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1 ... po=1.72414

Probably best to just start from scratch though..... leave pandemic response up to each individual local without sharing any info..... but set federal standards for voting. Yep seems sensible and well thought out.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:29 pm
It’s all spitballing. Not sure I have read where the federal government should be doing everything. I would hope they would utilize resources individual states don’t have and work to be helpful as best they can....always room for improvement...I know what isn’t helpful....telling people it is a hoax and its going away in a few weeks on its own....You can disagree....not sure having a foot doctor as an architect of the response is helpful...but maybe it is.
no worries. i've read plenty for both of us.

we've had a bunch of scientists that have gotten a bunch wrong. not surprising in some cases. though i don't understand why i'm answering to your last points.

seems like a non sequitor.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 pm Some recommendations in 2009....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1 ... po=1.72414

Probably best to just start from scratch though..... leave pandemic response up to each individual local without sharing any info..... but set federal standards for voting. Yep seems sensible and well thought out.
you're trending into mdlax territory for making ish up. have to say it's disappointing.

Return to “POLITICS”