All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:46 pm

Germany's a different story. As are most all Euro models. Unless we are implmenting German's mode in, say, Michigan.

Why is geographical compactness in any way relevant?

It's not the days of the pony express. Information travels at the speed of light, goods ship overnight from any address to any address.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:45 pm More great ideas for the US to implement:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... n-citizens
What do we have to lose?

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:05 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:35 pm though i can't tell who we're supposed to copy anymore.
We're not supposed to copy anyone, remember? MAGA? We're supposed to be the city on a hill.

And we are most DEFINITELY supposed to outperform those with socialized medicine, right? ;)
well now we're supposed to copy germany. and the model there anyway was to decentralize. and so did we.

it would then seem to me the model isn't the problem. directionally, we're going the same way.

as far as private vs. socialized healthcare... that study will be interesting.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm well now we're supposed to copy germany. and the model there anyway was to decentralize. and so did we.
I was just giving you grief.

I'm simply pointing out that we had our chance to boost manufacturing of the vaccine. We didn't do that. Take a look at the details on CDC's Operation Warp Speed.

So now we wait, just as I said we would over the summer. This isn't complicated stuff. We could have GIVEN the manufacturing space away (we're talking a few hundred thousand square feet, believe it or not), and been waaaaaay ahead of the game.

As I said, we stopped thinking in these terms in America. Pity.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm as far as private vs. socialized healthcare... that study will be interesting.
If the outcomes are even close to the same? We lose that battle.

Know why? Check your insurance premiums in the next few years, after all the accountants look at America post-Covid.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:02 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm well now we're supposed to copy germany. and the model there anyway was to decentralize. and so did we.
I was just giving you grief.
yes, i know. and i was just giving you grief because germany is the gold standard. and one of us stole the other's national/decentralize playbook.
I'm simply pointing out that we had our chance to boost manufacturing of the vaccine. We didn't do that. Take a look at the details on CDC's Operation Warp Speed.

So now we wait, just as I said we would over the summer. This isn't complicated stuff. We could have GIVEN the manufacturing space away (we're talking a few hundred thousand square feet, believe it or not), and been waaaaaay ahead of the game.
and i just don't believe it's that easy. it's certainly not manufacturing space. we won't agree. let's copy germany on this.. oh, wait.
As I said, we stopped thinking in these terms in America. Pity.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:08 pm as far as private vs. socialized healthcare... that study will be interesting.
If the outcomes are even close to the same? We lose that battle.

Know why? Check your insurance premiums in the next few years, after all the accountants look at America post-Covid.
again... we're not on the same page here on healthcare and how it comes around. thank god (goodness?) in america, that's ok.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm yes, i know. and i was just giving you grief because germany is the gold standard. and one of us stole the other's national/decentralize playbook.
We are a decentralized Country, in part. This has both good points, and bad ones.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm and i just don't believe it's that easy.
Why? What makes you think that our current capacity is just maxxed out..and it simply can't go up?
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm it's certainly not manufacturing space.
Sure it is. Where do you think all those vials come from? And needles? And labels. And, and, and....

There was a limit to what could be produced pre Covid. What you're telling me, is that it wasn't possible to step that capacity up over the last 6 months in a national emergency. Come on. Does that REALLY hold water for you? We're maxxed out, and that's the end of it?
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm again... we're not on the same page here. thank god (goodness?) in america, that's ok.
Well, right now we're paying three times what Canada pays per capita for a worse outcome.

At what point do you say "wow, this system isn't working". When we're 5 times more expensive? 10? What's your limit?

And yes, of course it's ok that we disagree. It's why I come to the Forum!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:21 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm yes, i know. and i was just giving you grief because germany is the gold standard. and one of us stole the other's national/decentralize playbook.
We are a decentralized Country, in part. This has both good points, and bad ones.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm and i just don't believe it's that easy.
Why? What makes you think that our current capacity is just maxxed out..and it simply can't go up?
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm it's certainly not manufacturing space.
Sure it is. Where do you think all those vials come from? And needles? And labels. And, and, and....

There was a limit to what could be produced pre Covid. What you're telling me, is that it wasn't possible to step that capacity up over the last 6 months in a national emergency. Come on. Does that REALLY hold water for you? We're maxxed out, and that's the end of it?
no. not maxxed out. there's always an incremental, right? and we did step that capacity up.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm again... we're not on the same page here. thank god (goodness?) in america, that's ok.
Well, right now we're paying three times what Canada pays per capita for a worse outcome.

At what point do you say "wow, this system isn't working". When we're 5 times more expensive? 10? What's your limit?

And yes, of course it's ok that we disagree. It's why I come to the Forum!
i don't see 3 times anywhere but i'm sure you can find a metric somewhere. all good.

not everyone agrees worse outcome. anyway, we'll be able to leverage canada's covid vaccine development i am sure and it will be like getting it for free.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm not everyone agrees worse outcome.
I'd wager I couldn't find a single person in the bottom 75% of earners that are happy with the price for care. Price for care is an outcome.

You didn't mention what your breaking point is before you think that the price for care in the US isn't working. Do you not have one?
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm anyway, we'll be able to leverage canada's covid vaccine development i am sure and it will be like getting it for free.
:lol: No, their citizens will just sit back and laugh at Americans, as Americans keep giving R&D money to Pharmaceutical companies, without taking a stake in the profits.

Oh, and then Americans will pretend that American Big Pharma is free market....instead of getting the bulk of their R&D cost covered by taxpayers. All I want to know is: why doesn't my company get this deal?

As for data on per capita spending? https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH ... _desc=true
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nah, none of those pharm companies will want to be part of the fed programs. Like Pfizer. :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:06 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm not everyone agrees worse outcome.
I'd wager I couldn't find a single person in the bottom 75% of earners that are happy with the price for care. Price for care is an outcome.

You didn't mention what your breaking point is before you think that the price for care in the US isn't working. Do you not have one?
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 pm anyway, we'll be able to leverage canada's covid vaccine development i am sure and it will be like getting it for free.
:lol: No, their citizens will just sit back and laugh at Americans, as Americans keep giving R&D money to Pharmaceutical companies, without taking a stake in the profits.

Oh, and then Americans will pretend that American Big Pharma is free market....instead of getting the bulk of their R&D cost covered by taxpayers. All I want to know is: why doesn't my company get this deal?

As for data on per capita spending? https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH ... _desc=true
so that's just over twice. not 3x. and what i have out of pocket costs is 11k to 6.6 to 7 k. not nitpicking, but you were throwing it out there.

notwithstanding that your bottom 75% isn't true (unless of course it's just crazy hyperbole), yes... cost is an outcome. just one. that doesn't then mean everyone agrees it's a worse outcome than an alternative. in fact, most don't.

and you don't get that deal. you make sin so you pay a sin tax. sinner.
Typical Lax Dad

Crickets....that swine flu was deadly
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:27 pm

Germany's a different story. As are most all Euro models. Unless we are implmenting German's mode in, say, Michigan.

It's not the days of the pony express. Information travels at the speed of light, goods ship overnight from any address to any address.
Great if there is no action needed, just spreading info.

What is your experience with logistics? Gonna go out on a
limb and say, “limited?”
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:10 am

limb and say, “limited?”
3PL or 4PL?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:41 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:10 am

limb and say, “limited?”
3PL or 4PL?
So you understand. And you know what CU said is BS. It's a much bigger job than he acknowledges.
ANd on top of it all, you're gonna have to leverage big data.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

100% Trump's fault. He is doing a terrible job running the country. And California. And LA County.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:02 am
100% Trump's fault. He is doing a terrible job running the country. And California. And LA County.
You have TDS
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Where's the hospital ship when you need it?
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am
I got a PM indicating that all of those people in all of those ambulances are already dead that’s why they have been told not to stop by the hospital. You don’t take dead people to the hospital. Don’t bother with CPR.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:12 am
well here's one of the dumbest vids on it you may find:
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/on-air/ma ... a/2497757/

supposedly, it's complicated but they don't say why. and the last lady on doesn't seem to understand the utility of clearing up hospital space.

in any event, hahn and others in la county a week ago supposedly put a call out for the ship. usually what we do in this situation is wait until everything has crested and by the time the ship rolls in it's not needed.

so good news when they finally send it.

Return to “POLITICS”