All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
63%
1 person.
15%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 68

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Never heard of an air powered costume.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:59 am
I guess that means they weren’t wearing masks.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:36 pm
That and too close to other people......The idea of the mask is to wear one if you can’t maintain social distancing. It is not meant to be a substitute.....anyone that suggests a mask is supposed to be an effective substitute for staying away from people is lying.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:46 pm
Bart wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:34 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:58 pm here is my issue, if i haven't been clear...

everyone here and on air says "i think the ability is there". no one ever puts any evidence behind that.

i.e.: i think we should/could test everyone every week and we'll kick this thing's ass.... great post and i'm a genius that loves people and saves the world. and i'm a better, more altruistic person than you are.

you know (i hope) i am not referencing you with any disparagement. just this line of discussion in general on here is... tiring.
I get what you are saying. You’ve said it before, there’s no clear answers.

There is evidence, imo. Look at the total, not number of distributed, vaccines. Ability is there. That IS evidence imo. Rollout, not do much, again imo. Do manufacturing is there.... perhaps we should look at americas clearing house for distribution? They can get that stupid sweepstakes to everyone why not home tests?

Death by a thousand cuts starts with a single slice.....
let's just say i'm dubious on everything government run. distribution. compliance.

production is a mystery.

if ed mcmahon can make it to our doorstep, and everyone can buy a coke tomorrow if they want one, should it be available? sure. in theory.
I wasn’t aware Ed or the Coke needed to be refrigerated to -94 F...
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pretty sure that in his current situation, Ed needs to be refrigerated.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:22 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:36 pm
That and too close to other people......The idea of the mask is to wear one if you can’t maintain social distancing. It is not meant to be a substitute.....anyone that suggests a mask is supposed to be an effective substitute for staying away from people is lying.
truth. lot of that going around.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:43 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:58 pm here is my issue, if i haven't been clear...

everyone here and on air says "i think the ability is there". no one ever puts any evidence behind that.

i.e.: i think we should/could test everyone every week and we'll kick this thing's ass.... great post and i'm a genius that loves people and saves the world. and i'm a better, more altruistic person than you are.

you know (i hope) i am not referencing you with any disparagement. just this line of discussion in general on here is... tiring.

There is evidence, imo. Look at the total, not number of distributed, vaccines. Ability is there. That IS evidence imo. Rollout, not do much, again imo. Do manufacturing is there.... perhaps we should look at americas clearing house for distribution? They can get that stupid sweepstakes to everyone why not home tests?

let's just say i'm dubious on everything government run. distribution. compliance.

production is a mystery.

if ed mcmahon can make it to our doorstep, and everyone can buy a coke tomorrow if they want one, should it be available? sure. in theory.
first, how do you know he's not sitting next to ted williams?

we were also discussing rapid at-home antigen tests. not vaccines that could be left out overnight. room temperature works for the antigen tests.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:01 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:43 pm

production is a mystery.

first, how do you know he's not sitting next to ted williams?

we were also discussing rapid at-home antigen tests. not vaccines that could be left out overnight. room temperature works for the antigen tests.
I played against Ted Williams’ son in a college hoop game. I don’t remember much about him. I am sure the feeling is mutual...Ted was in the stands. Body attached. EDIT: I believe he was pretty good. Played at a school in Florida.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:00 pm i'd be much more enamored with an effective vaccine rollout, inclusive of distribution, in arms, approvals.
Yes. And we discussed this over the summer. Did the Federal Government throw its shoulder into that effort.

Can you point to a story where the Feds expanded the ability to manufacture ( building manufacturing infrastructure) the vaccine exponentially from where it was before the pandemic?

Not distribute the vaccines. Manufacture them in the first place.

I can't either. Why? Because we didn't do that, that's why.
didn't see this before. i don't know the answer to this.

we identified the 6 or 7 most likely effective candidates. for most (only pfizer abstaining?) they got cash only? to develop and produce.

there were/are 100s of vaccine candidates and in the summer no guarantee any would work. does "more" money work? sure, as an idea and given the risk/reward. more on more even works.

resources? materials? timing? can some vaccines be produced early or if nay be done in larger amounts at the demarcation date? i would guess the last question is yes.

so... why not if that's true? well, we have health guys that have that answer. i'm not sure who else does. not me. the fact that not one other country in the world took that action leads me to believe it's not an easy answer. not an impossible one, but not an easy one.

combine that with... why not do it now? anyone? germany, u.s., britain, the e.u. where is the release on pfizer/moderna/azn/sputnik quintupling production by april with .gov help now that we know that it works?
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 pm so... why not if that's true? well, we have health guys that have that answer. i'm not sure who else does. not me. the fact that not one other country in the world took that action leads me to believe it's not an easy answer.
No other country has a GDP of $19.5 Trillion. We're supposed to leverage that it times of crisis.

Put it another way: what are the odds that these US pharmaceutical companies just happen to have the infrastructure to roll out a vaccine for the entire nation, as fast as possible?

Not high.

The fact that we're almost twelve months in, and you and I can't point to an in depth paper detailing US vaccine production infrastructure tells you all you need to know.

We don't have a leader in the Federal Government that thinks in these terms---meaning: time matters. We did in WWII. It's why we won.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:40 pm so... why not if that's true? well, we have health guys that have that answer. i'm not sure who else does. not me. the fact that not one other country in the world took that action leads me to believe it's not an easy answer.
No other country has a GDP of $19.5 Trillion. We're supposed to leverage that it times of crisis.

Put it another way: what are the odds that these US pharmaceutical companies just happen to have the infrastructure to roll out a vaccine for the entire nation, as fast as possible?

Not high.

The fact that we're almost twelve months in, and you and I can't point to an in depth paper detailing US vaccine production infrastructure tells you all you need to know.

We don't have a leader in the Federal Government that thinks in these terms---meaning: time matters. We did in WWII. It's why we won.
and there's lots of first world countries that are in the ballpark for per capita gdp. would only have to put similar dollars to cover their pop.

and as has been stated on here... a lot more willingness to support that pop in areas inclusive of healthcare.

aaannnddd... nothing. we are the ones that supported vaxx efforts more than any others. so are you willing to say all those other countries have been leaderless on this?

i don't think a lack of analysis tells us anything. other than we don't know.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I bet attorneys are the reason why.....it moved too fast for legal to figure out how to cover all basis and make a profit down the road.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Last updated: January 03, 2021, 23:34 GMT
United States Coronavirus Cases: 21,083,941
Deaths: 360,053
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ggait

Post by ggait »

In 1947, NYC vaccinated 5 million people for smallpox in two weeks.

6 year old Tony Fauci in Brooklyn was one of those vaccinated.

Never heard of this story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947_New_ ... x_outbreak
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

They had federal leadership back then.

I've been thinking about my area: about 250,000 people, but pretty localized geographically within a few square miles, empty beyond. Two hospitals, plus two large non-hospital medical centers that MIGHT have the freezers needed.

So if we want to get everybody vaccinated within 9 months, we need roughly two thousand shots a day, every day.

I have no idea how this happens. Where are the personnel to administer these shots? Who organizes them? Who pays them? Who organizes the sign-ups to get a shot? Or do we wait in line for days like in Florida?

Seems incredibly daunting.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

In recent days, the number of Americans hospitalized with Covid-19 symptoms has risen to more than 123,000, up from about 95,000 a month ago and 50,000 two months ago.

The virus is still winning.

Where has the Federal government been these last two months? How is it possible that they did not have a plan for getting these vaccines distributed to Americans?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

CU77 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 am They had federal leadership back then.

I've been thinking about my area: about 250,000 people, but pretty localized geographically within a few square miles, empty beyond. Two hospitals, plus two large non-hospital medical centers that MIGHT have the freezers needed.

So if we want to get everybody vaccinated within 9 months, we need roughly two thousand shots a day, every day.

I have no idea how this happens. Where are the personnel to administer these shots? Who organizes them? Who pays them? Who organizes the sign-ups to get a shot? Or do we wait in line for days like in Florida?

You mean it wasn’t a guy playing President on TV?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:26 am They had federal leadership back then.

I'm supposed to get jabbed tomorrow afternoon, fingers crossed. Will let everyone know how it goes.

Here's been my experience helping my wife run her dental practice. It's a weird mix of state and federal cooperation. The Virginia Department of Health was trying to identify all the various doctors in the area (not sure why they didn't already have this info?). My wife was contacted, and she helped provide the names of a lot of her colleagues to the person compiling the list of practices. The person compiling the list was basically searching on Google.

In any case, that got us on the list a while back for Virginia. The CDC has a Vaccine Administration Management System - https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/r ... index.html

We got an email today saying we are now approved to schedule an appointment - I went through the system, created an account, put in our address and searched for local providers - they are listed on a map with dates they are administering the vaccine. Took about 5 minutes to schedule an appointment.

Return to “POLITICS”