Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: Orange Duce

Post by njbill »

No doubt Trump will be putting out a line of Trump Band-Aids this week. $50 a box.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 11:13 am That’s called something entirely different.

Trump doesn’t have cancer. He doesn’t have a fatal, or even a debilitating, disease. A week out, and all he needs is a regular Band-Aid.

He got very very lucky. Those (I’m not saying you) who claim God intervened are disgusting. Why didn’t God intervene to save that poor guy who got killed?
I'll add my two cents.....
What then is it called? I view it as a way to convey caring, concern, and empathy. I already explained a scenario where my father had surgery in the same place to have cancer removed, that portion of the ear has cartilage, it also has a ton of blood flow, which requires care...more than a sticky band-aide that could actually cause damage removing it.

Not disgusting at all, it is Faith. And to your final question....for a modicum of reasons, primarily, that there is evil in the world that is in action, only God knows the time and place to be called home and for what reason, and to save the life of his family as he covered them, by a man that served a career to save and help others.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

Not to get too personal, but did you wear a bandage in support of your father?

My daughter had brain surgery when she was much younger. If I had gotten all bandaged up, I can say with almost 100% certainty she would’ve been completely weirded and grossed out by that.

What the people at the convention did seemed very weird to me. Seemed like trying to curry favor with the cult leader.

You have every right to have your own views about religion and God. I don’t think God had anything to do with the events of last Saturday, positively or negatively.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:48 pm Not to get too personal, but did you wear a bandage in support of your father?

My daughter had brain surgery when she was much younger. If I had gotten all bandaged up, I can say with almost 100% certainty she would’ve been completely weirded and grossed out by that.

What the people at the convention did seemed very weird to me. Seemed like trying to curry favor with the cult leader.

You have every right to have your own views about religion and God. I don’t think God had anything to do with the events of last Saturday, positively or negatively.
It revolves around never letting a good crisis go to waste. The symbolism isn't hard to understand it is an ever present reminder that the secret service failed in their primary mission. That equates to failure on the part of the federal government and the expectation is that will translate to votes.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 12:48 pm Not to get too personal, but did you wear a bandage in support of your father?

https://www.threads.net/@america.is.not ... z3FBm8UnRw
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just a silly reply. I get to talk and interact with my Father, as did you with your daughter, to convey those feelings and caring etc......people can not do that all the time.

Fair enough, but you asked questions which I believe I could answer with discretion.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

So when friends and family wear diapers in support of their loved ones... what is that called?

njbill

Post by njbill »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:03 pm

Just a silly reply. I get to talk and interact with my Father, as did you with your daughter, to convey those feelings and caring etc......people can not do that all the time.

Fair enough, but you asked questions which I believe I could answer with discretion.
I don’t know why you called my response silly. I was responding to your comment about people who shave their heads when loved ones lose their hair due to cancer treatment. Obviously those people could express their love and caring directly just as you could to your father or I could to my daughter.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:15 pm So when friends and family wear diapers in support of their loved ones... what is that called?

Acquiescence to their incipient senescence?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:35 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 3:03 pm

I don’t know why you called my response silly. I was responding to your comment about people who shave their heads when loved ones lose their hair due to cancer treatment. Obviously those people could express their love and caring directly just as you could to your father or I could to my daughter.
Apologies, Bill.
~Livy

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Sleepy Donny:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.9Mv4umP4k ... ImgDetMain

He was quickly prodded awake in order to save face. :oops:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 1:14 pm

It revolves around never letting a good crisis go to waste. The symbolism isn't hard to understand it is an ever present reminder that the secret service failed in their primary mission. That equates to failure on the part of the federal government and the expectation is that will translate to votes.
Come on son. These are people who feel detached form the world and other issues and desperately want to be part of something no matter what that thing/group/tirbe/movement is
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Those folks are clueless but then have been for a decade
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

I'm reading an article from the March 25 edition of the New Yorker that has ended up on my bedside table. It is entitled "The Forgotten History of Hitler’s Establishment Enablers.
The Nazi leader didn’t seize power; he was given it. By Adam Gopnik

The media lords thought that they could control him; political schemers thought that they could outwit him. The mainstream left had become a gerontocracy. And all of them failed to recognize his immunity to shame.

Ryback shows how major players thought they could find some ulterior advantage in managing him.

Each was sure that, after the passing of a brief storm cloud, so obviously overloaded that it had to expend itself, they would emerge in possession of power.

The corporate bosses thought that, if you looked past the strutting and the performative antisemitism, you had someone who would protect your money.

Communist ideologues thought that, if you peered deeply enough into the strutting and the performative antisemitism, you could spy the pattern of a popular revolution.

The decent right thought that he was too obviously deranged to remain in power long, and the decent left, tempered by earlier fights against different enemies, thought that, if they forcibly stuck to the rule of law, then the law would somehow by itself entrap a lawless leader.

In a now familiar paradox, the rational forces stuck to magical thinking, while the irrational ones were more logical, parsing the brute equations of power. And so the storm never passed. In a way, it still has not.
Does this sound familiar? Those who don't consider the past are destined to repeat it, I guess.https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024 ... ook-review
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

With the renewed interest in Epstein with the new docs being unsealed, including Trump's multiple flights on his jet, I think we may have found the reason for Musk's new enthusiasm in electing Trump. Seeing how he's already one of the wealthiest dudes in the world.

Just putting it out there...

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 7:55 pm I'm reading an article from the March 25 edition of the New Yorker that has ended up on my bedside table. It is entitled "The Forgotten History of Hitler’s Establishment Enablers.
The Nazi leader didn’t seize power; he was given it. By Adam Gopnik

The media lords thought that they could control him; political schemers thought that they could outwit him. The mainstream left had become a gerontocracy. And all of them failed to recognize his immunity to shame.

Ryback shows how major players thought they could find some ulterior advantage in managing him.

Each was sure that, after the passing of a brief storm cloud, so obviously overloaded that it had to expend itself, they would emerge in possession of power.

The corporate bosses thought that, if you looked past the strutting and the performative antisemitism, you had someone who would protect your money.

Communist ideologues thought that, if you peered deeply enough into the strutting and the performative antisemitism, you could spy the pattern of a popular revolution.

The decent right thought that he was too obviously deranged to remain in power long, and the decent left, tempered by earlier fights against different enemies, thought that, if they forcibly stuck to the rule of law, then the law would somehow by itself entrap a lawless leader.

In a now familiar paradox, the rational forces stuck to magical thinking, while the irrational ones were more logical, parsing the brute equations of power. And so the storm never passed. In a way, it still has not.
Does this sound familiar? Those who don't consider the past are destined to repeat it, I guess.https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2024 ... ook-review
Yes, good article, and the parallels between then and now of normalization and acquiescence and subordination are very real, and apparent if you have your eyes open.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

This comes as no surprise. Hypocrisy at its worse.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Trump lying again and again. How many times has Vance changed his name. Guy is a disaster. Seeing him as a possible President in the world should never happen. Life Insurance for Trump who will likely dir before his term is over.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Old chicken spurs is flashing yellow again as he starts backing sway from debating bully Kamala Harris. He knows how bad he looks compared to her and has a history with strong women.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Old chicken spurs is flashing yellow again as he starts backing sway from debating bully Kamala Harris. He knows how bad he looks compared to her and has a history with strong women.

Return to “POLITICS”