President Donald J. Trump—Part ll

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: President Donald J. Trump—Part ll

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:25 pm
WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:58 pm
What I heard, and qualified with "Don't quote me on it", was from a seemingly viable source. Use the google, you decide.

And doesn't matter on the whole roof/building clearance when there should have been someone from the good guy's team on that roof and others during the event. Even a casual observer viewing google earth can make that leap of logic.
Great. Tell me how many people they get for a detail for someone who is running for POTUS here in 2024. Start there.

Do you know?

All I'm saying is: wait until we get more information. You seem hell bent on jumping to conclusions. We all know why FoxNation is playing this game. Do we need to follow suit?

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm Go look at swivel girl footage if you care to, and listen to the comments of professionals in her field. I shared their opinions, and my impressions of those takes, after doing so. You're welcome to go have a look yourself, and rebuttle away directly them. Have at it.

I did look at the footage. The game here is to throw stones....and throw logic out the window.

Have no interest in monday morning quarterbacking... 24 hours after it happened.

It's pretty simple......I'm right. Wait until we get the information. THEN you can figure out what blame, if any, needs to be doled out.

The only rebuttal here is: "I don't want to wait until we get the whole picture, I want to start blaming people RIGHT NOW. Oh, and i want to base my conclusions based on images and comments from "some guy on the internet"'.

Hardly a convincing position....for anyone who's operating without an agenda.
There will be investigations up the ying yang. You already know that. My first impression and the first impression of quite a few people who earn a paycheck for securing high level individuals all wondered the same thing. Why was that roof not secured? As far as I know securing that rooftop was the responsibility of the secret service. That was in a report filed by NBC news this morning. The next few months will be very volatile in Washington DC.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Re: Teflon Don on Time Magazine - That's quite a cover

Post by DMac »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:43 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:40 pm
Essexfenwick wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:23 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:07 am Image

"Donald Trump encourages and protects frightened US Secret Service members who cling to his massive balls as he leads them to safety after failed assassination attempt."
Knowing full well it's a fools errand to respond, but I'm not so sure you could give a more inaccurate description of what's going on in that picture, unless you said the agent's hand is down there to give the bloodied warrior a hand job during the ruckus.
... Essex is a comedian ... actually found his post funny! :lol:
Yes, pretty darn good.
Trouble is the Trumpketeers see it exactly as described.
Big Ballz Donald and his timid agents.

This thing won't let you write Big Ballz spelling it right.
Trying Big Nuts
Yup, Big Nuts is good.

Big Nuts Donald and his timid losers.
Last edited by DMac on Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:01 pm
What I heard, and qualified with "Don't quote me on it", was from a seemingly viable source. Use the google, you decide.

And doesn't matter on the whole roof/building clearance when there should have been someone from the good guy's team on that roof and others during the event. Even a casual observer viewing google earth can make that leap of logic.
Great. Tell me how many people they get for a detail for someone who is running for POTUS here in 2024. Start there.

Do you know?

All I'm saying is: wait until we get more information. You seem hell bent on jumping to conclusions. We all know why FoxNation is playing this game. Do we need to follow suit?

WaffleTwineFaceoff wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:35 pm Go look at swivel girl footage if you care to, and listen to the comments of professionals in her field. I shared their opinions, and my impressions of those takes, after doing so. You're welcome to go have a look yourself, and rebuttle away directly them. Have at it.

I did look at the footage. The game here is to throw stones....and throw logic out the window.

Have no interest in monday morning quarterbacking... 24 hours after it happened.

It's pretty simple......I'm right. Wait until we get the information. THEN you can figure out what blame, if any, needs to be doled out.

The only rebuttal here is: "I don't want to wait until we get the whole picture, I want to start blaming people RIGHT NOW. Oh, and i want to base my conclusions based on images and comments from "some guy on the internet"'.

There will be investigations up the ying yang. You already know that. My first impression and the first impression of quite a few people who earn a paycheck for securing high level individuals all wondered the same thing. Why was that roof not secured? As far as I know securing that rooftop was the responsibility of the secret service. That was in a report filed by NBC news this morning. The next few months will be very volatile in Washington DC.
Case in point: the report is that the SS didn't secure that rooftop. Folks will IMMEDIATELY conclude they f'ed up.

Yet do we know if they delegated that rooftoop clearance to locals?

No. We don't. Let them investigate, and THEN hold them responsible. I mean FFS, these people have to put their lives on the line for this stuff....seems fair to at least look at the whole picture before burning them at the stake.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Shapiro Weighs in on JD Vance - Trump's Pick for VP

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

The VP debate, if we do indeed have one this year, will be Must Watch at this address.

njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:25 pm
njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:10 am Looked to me like he actually turned into the bullet. If he hadn’t turned his head, the bullet would have missed him entirely. In either event, he’s one lucky son of a b*tch.

Will he change because of this? Remains to be seen, but I highly doubt it. Did Hitler change after his troops tried to assassinate him? No.
...so now you've done a remote forensic analysis ? Keep those Nazi inferences coming.
If you look at where the shooter was positioned and where Trump was standing, and then look at how and when he turns his head and his reaction after the bullet nicks him, I think that is a plausible conclusion. Just my interpretation.

Other people have other interpretations. One was that he wasn’t hit by a bullet at all, but by flying glass from the Teleprompter. An eyewitness Trump supporter in the front row said she thought his ear was bloodied when he was pushed down by the Secret Service agents. I’m not saying I agree with either interpretation. I think it is most plausible that he was winged by a bullet. Just saying it looks to me like he turned into it. Not faulting him for that, of course.

Trump‘s longtime admiration of Hitler is well documented. Ivana (before she was buried off the second tee) said he kept a book of Hitler’s speeches by his bedside. General Kelly has recounted how Trump spoke approvingly of Hitler. He uses Hitler’s verbiage. And on and on.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:01 pm

Do you know?

Case in point: the report is that the SS didn't secure that rooftop. Folks will IMMEDIATELY conclude they f'ed up.

Yet do we know if they delegated that rooftoop clearance to locals?

No. We don't. Let them investigate, and THEN hold them responsible. I mean FFS, these people have to put their lives on the line for this stuff....seems fair to at least look at the whole picture before burning them at the stake.
While the many investigations to be are ongoing there damn well better be some clarification about what law enforcement agencies are in charge of securing what. A very reliable source told me yesterday that the secret service doesn't take a shine on delegating security at any event especially open air to any other law enforcement agency. This isn't exactly a secret in DC but the secret service tends to be very arrogant when it comes to delegating security. The reason is obvious given the events of Saturday. When something goes to chit at an event like trumps they ultimately will be held accountable. The 64 thousand dollar question is and will continue to be who was responsible for securing that elevated roof top with a clear line of sight to the podium?
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

CNN reported earlier today that the Secret Service has said they delegated responsibility for securing that rooftop to local law enforcement. Didn’t say precisely which local law enforcement agency.

Regardless, one would think the Secret Service agent in charge would take a look to see whether that roof had been secured before Trump was allowed up on the podium. When he saw it wasn’t, he should not have allowed Trump on the stage.

Yeah, I know, I have zero training and experience in law-enforcement, but that’s what I think about the situation.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:44 pm CNN reported earlier today that the Secret Service has said they delegated responsibility for securing that rooftop to local law enforcement. Didn’t say precisely which local law enforcement agency.

Regardless, one would think the Secret Service agent in charge would take a look to see whether that roof had been secured before Trump was allowed up on the podium. When he saw it wasn’t, he should not have allowed Trump on the stage.

Yeah, I know, I have zero training and experience in law-enforcement, but that’s what I think about the situation.
That should not be very difficult to verify. The security plan would have gone into great detail what responsibility of each law enforcement agency was. Someone certainly in the leadership level of secret service would have had to approve it and sign off on it.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

njbill wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:44 pm CNN reported earlier today that the Secret Service has said they delegated responsibility for securing that rooftop to local law enforcement. Didn’t say precisely which local law enforcement agency.
Wait....so I was right?

Well, stopped clocks and all that. Mark this one down, won't happen again for a very long time......
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

We should not forget the recent questionable history of the Secret Service - the organization who was supposed to instruct the workforce not to wipe their phones on January 6 - and all of the records were wiped. The weasel Ornato came from SS. He did not cooperate with any investigations

So it should come as no surprise that they apparently bungled this operation as well
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:36 pm We should not forget the recent questionable history of the Secret Service - the organization who was supposed to instruct the workforce not to wipe their phones on January 6 - and all of the records were wiped. The weasel Ornato came from SS. He did not cooperate with any investigations

So it should come as no surprise that they apparently bungled this operation as well
I agree with a fan that there's plenty of time to learn what really happened and assess security breakdowns. Clearly there was a security 'failure' but let's avoid snap judgments, as tempting as they may be. And, sure, they're tempting.

Frankly, I wonder what the explanation is for not getting him off the stage as soon as the call went out about a possible shooter...did the immediate detail know but not act? If so, why? did they have standing orders not to remove the former President unless a threat was fully verified? Whose orders? Doesn't sound like normal protocol. But the candidate may well have had a hand in it.

I understand how an overwatch could make a heartbeat decision on when to take down a possible shooter...needing verification...but if the reporting is correct that it was immediate and also correct that 8 shots were fired rapidly, then we're back to the gun...and how that gun got this close...

Questions, not snap judgments.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Self Portrait with Banged-up Ear
IMG_1625.jpeg
IMG_1625.jpeg (146.58 KiB) Viewed 308 times
njbill

Post by njbill »

I’m surprised Trump didn’t pick Evander Holyfield to be his VP.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:16 pm
Wait....so I was right?

Well, stopped clocks and all that. Mark this one down, won't happen again for a very long time......
😉
Not so fast….local police are saying they were only responsible for traffic, not the glass company buildings.

I’ll still give you credit. 😘
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:07 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:16 pm
Wait....so I was right?

😉
Not so fast….local police are saying they were only responsible for traffic, not the glass company buildings.

I’ll still give you credit. 😘
Nah. Appreciate it, but I'm wrong. Again. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

Not so fast, a fan. I think you’ll end up being correct. I presume there were a lot of local law-enforcement agencies involved. Maybe they let the local cops, Butler Township police, handle the roads. Would make sense. But there were state police and other Pennsylvania law-enforcement agencies on site as well, I’m sure. Just a wild guess, but maybe they gave the roof to the state police.

Still, the number one SS guy should have double checked that critical areas such as that roof were secured before he allowed Trump to take the stage. Geez, even I know that, and I’m just some dumb schlub from New Jersey sitting on my couch.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

When was the last time a secret service agent was killed in the line of duty? By no means am I questioning their service to our nation, but anyone have the answer to that?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:44 pm I don't think Trump will change his zebra stripes. Maybe his language for a short time.

But it's happened before.

How a Failed Assassination Attempt Pushed George Wallace to Reconsider His Segregationist Views
... it was always clear, Wallace was not a psychopath, he was only a politician positioning himself. I don't think the same can be said for Orange Duce. He is all about his grievances. To my mind he has a lot in common with the kid who took a shot at him. His retribution. What politician talks like this??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MA Lax Fan

Post by MA Lax Fan »

Wow! Never clicked on this forum before. The discourse over here is more civil than the D3 forum.

Enjoying reading the banter!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:48 pm

That should not be very difficult to verify. The security plan would have gone into great detail what responsibility of each law enforcement agency was. Someone certainly in the leadership level of secret service would have had to approve it and sign off on it.
... someone from Trump's campaign would have to signoff as well, the SS is not putting their neck on the line without the client. They should never have picked that site. That was Trump's team's fault. I would guess the SS warned against the site when they saw it.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”