2024 New York State Tournaments

HS Boys Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: 2024 New York State Tournaments

Post by wgdsr »

flyerfan17 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:10 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:08 pm wow. victor absolutely has to have their head in their hands.
south side with 9 lives. dead to rights near the end of both 3rd quarters in semis and finals. then dead to rights with under a minute. congrats to them.
Thought Yorktown obliged SS and today Victor didn't at all until the end
yes.
LI13

Post by LI13 »

What a game. South Side kids just don't quit and now they're rightfully the best public school team in the state. Good for those kids and the whole town.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:12 pm
flyerfan17 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:09 pm Bigger WOW. Why is Victor shooting at the end ?
i actually would've shot at the opening whistle out of the to. only against an empty net. by the time he shot, there were at least 3 or 4 maybe guys in the cage!!!
Yes, looked like a hockey game on the shot. Sellouts looking to eat it
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

LI13 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:31 pm What a game. South Side kids just don't quit and now they're rightfully the best public school team in the state. Good for those kids and the whole town.
Absolutely. Refused to lose
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

BBP- JD with a 5:45 PM faceoff, can Long Island make it 3-1 for the day? We shall see!

Joe
Klaxman

Post by Klaxman »

I was at game I’m speechless coaches son game winner
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

BBP
South Side
Victor
McQuaid
CSH

My top 5 most impressive today. Going BBP for best in the state for beating Wantagh twice who I thought was the best public I saw play this season.
kr522

Post by kr522 »

Interesting that none of the 3 upstate teams who made the finals last year benefitted from the experience this time around

Congrats to all the winners, and to the runner ups who fought hard even if they didn’t reach the ultimate prize
kr522

Post by kr522 »

flyerfan17 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 7:29 pm BBP
South Side
Victor
McQuaid
CSH

My top 5 most impressive today. Going BBP for best in the state for beating Wantagh twice who I thought was the best public I saw play this season.
Hard to argue with this ranking, and BBP very close to an undefeated season. SS gets points for drama and pure tenacity, but man did they need everything to go right in that 4th quarter
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

kr522 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:33 pm
South Side
Victor
McQuaid
CSH

Hard to argue with this ranking, and BBP very close to an undefeated season. SS gets points for drama and pure tenacity, but man did they need everything to go right in that 4th quarter
Twice
LI13

Post by LI13 »

kr522 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:33 pm
South Side
Victor
McQuaid
CSH

I give the nod to South Side based on their resume. Regular season champs of the best public school league in the state.
Oldlilaxer

Post by Oldlilaxer »

Ditto. It seemed like the SS/Victor game was played at a higher level than the BPP/JD game. SS seemed to have the tougher schedule this year as well.
thedisciple516

Post by thedisciple516 »

Nothing too surprising happened here today other than BBP margin of victory. All we knew is that these games would were toss ups and we'd likely get some great games and that's what happened.

Congrats McQuaid on your first title. This is not some kind of private school powerhouse that has been siphoning off kids from publics for years. This is a program that has slowly built itself up into what it is today.

Only other comment is that Marcellus is still pretty young and will return 5 of their top 7 scorers including leading scorer. Goalie and much of defense graduate though. They'll be a contender at the very least.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

South Side played well from behind all season long.
Never out of it as their record showed.
Kids from Wantagh have bragging rights too.
But this Victor game had so much drama in it.
SS Goalie became human but hung in there.
Victor goalie was a wall at start.
SS FO had some time with an 8th grader but became superman again when needed.
Nice to see 2004 Cyclones in stands with their spouses and offspring.

To tie at .08 is exactly as this game should have gone.
That kid showed what kind of scrapper he is in past two games which counted the most.

Looks like after Joe got Shanghai'd that DiPietro was the right choice.

And WTH happened to this site yesterday as I got, "database could not be accessed" error message when trying to get in.

Well, that's a wrap for HS and NCAA for this season.

Back to political boolah threads and whether or not that kindergarten kid is going to Notre Dame or Maryland.
The parent, not the coach.
Paumanok516

Post by Paumanok516 »

Coming into the tournament, I also would’ve said that Wantagh was the best team I saw. Incredible stuff by BBP beating them twice. South Side probably had the more impressive schedule. Either way, magical seasons for them both.
Really disappointed for Farmingdale that they get to the title game two years in a row and aren’t able to get the job done. They graduate a lot of talent so I’m not sure what the next few years look like for them. (As a side note, for HHH, I didn’t realize that Raio, Bruno and Filardi are all coming back. They’ll be scary next year, for sure.)
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Oldlilaxer wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:11 pm Ditto. It seemed like the SS/Victor game was played at a higher level than the BPP/JD game. SS seemed to have the tougher schedule this year as well.
Congratulations to all the teams that earned a spot in the finals. This tournament was a boost for L.I. high school lacrosse. CSH (14-6) won again and did so by playing some terrific teams on their way to Hofstra. SS/RVC only lost one but demonstrated that playing a tough schedule may pave the way to winning the whole enchilada. Farmingdale was (17-6) yet lost by ONE goal in the A Championship. The Dalers played some terrific teams throughout the season. I can't help thinking that schedule toughened them up for the big showdown. BBP finished (21-0). A noteworthy feat against the always strong Suffolk teams.

It's a wrap for the 2024 season and I'm sure I speak for a few posters when I say I'm looking forward to next year.

Enjoy the summer!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

thedisciple516 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:59 pm Nothing too surprising happened here today other than BBP margin of victory. All we knew is that these games would were toss ups and we'd likely get some great games and that's what happened.

Congrats McQuaid on your first title. This is not some kind of private school powerhouse that has been siphoning off kids from publics for years. This is a program that has slowly built itself up into what it is today.

Only other comment is that Marcellus is still pretty young and will return 5 of their top 7 scorers including leading scorer. Goalie and much of defense graduate though. They'll be a contender at the very least.
I'd pay a shekel or 2 to see how they'd do against Chaminade and St. A's. BTW where do the kids come from?
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

I still can't believe Victor took a shot, they were the most impressive team until they weren't
LI13

Post by LI13 »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:56 pm
thedisciple516 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:59 pm Nothing too surprising happened here today other than BBP margin of victory. All we knew is that these games would were toss ups and we'd likely get some great games and that's what happened.

I'd pay a shekel or 2 to see how they'd do against Chaminade and St. A's. BTW where do the kids come from?
They'd get blown out.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

LI13 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:39 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:56 pm

They'd get blown out.
maybe. but we don't really know, as they aren't really playing each other anymore.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”