Voting

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Voting

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:23 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:28 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:42 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:30 pm
KI Dock Bar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:04 pm I vote 3x in every election. My 2 voting age children live at our residence. When they go to vote I send them with an example ballot with the candidates and issues that I "recommend" they vote for. It's a beautiful thing! Unfortunately "our" Presidential vote does not count since we live in Maryland and the Democratic candidate always runs away with it. Hopefully our votes for Larry Hogan this fall, who is running for a senate seat, will mean something. Nothing illegal about that, right?
Not only is that legal, that's ENCOURAGED.

In Maryland, if you turn in three ballots, you get a free coupon good for a crab cake from Phillips!
Vote early, vote often...would be great to get a crab cake...except Phillips was caught importing 'blue crab' from Thailand...go to Faidleys for great crab cakes.
Sorry, you have to vote FOUR times via absenteed to get Faidleys. ;)
Y'all are on the wrong side of the Bay Bridge. Over here we go to Harris Crab House for crab cakes. I actually saw Donald Rumsfield there about 20 year ago when he was serving our nation as the Secretary of Defense. I tipped my baseball cap to him, which of course had the American flag on it!
yes, great spot at Kent Narrows. One of our favorites when we come across the bridge for a bike ride and end back at the Narrows for cold beer and a meal. Better food than the Jetty, though being out on the end of the dock, with some music and a bucket of beers is fun. They had a great big fresh fish sandwich we liked as well. I'm afraid it's gonna be awhile before we do again as we're moving to Florida, but we'll find excuses to get back!

Ahh for the days when guys like Rumsfeld and HW and W were still welcome in the GOP.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:04 pm I vote 3x in every election. My 2 voting age children live at our residence. When they go to vote I send them with an example ballot with the candidates and issues that I "recommend" they vote for. It's a beautiful thing! Unfortunately "our" Presidential vote does not count since we live in Maryland and the Democratic candidate always runs away with it. Hopefully our votes for Larry Hogan this fall, who is running for a senate seat, will mean something. Nothing illegal about that, right?

In Maryland, if you turn in three ballots, you get a free coupon good for a crab cake from Phillips!
Vote early, vote often...would be great to get a crab cake...except Phillips was caught importing 'blue crab' from Thailand...go to Faidleys for great crab cakes.
I forget if it was 2018 or 2019, but that was the last good year for crabs in the bay. Even before that was hit or miss. There were a couple weeks that summer where I'd walk out into the water to fish and couldn't take more than a step or two without stepping on one. Had to shuffle, and half the nibbles on the line were crabs. Now there's nothing.

Same with the fishing. Would get all kinds of fish off the beach. Now it's just spot, whiting and croaker. I can still get drum and trout and lots of other stuff with a boat or kayak, but nothing like just a few years ago.

Sad to see.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:17 pm

I forget if it was 2018 or 2019, but that was the last good year for crabs in the bay. Even before that was hit or miss. There were a couple weeks that summer where I'd walk out into the water to fish and couldn't take more than a step or two without stepping on one. Had to shuffle, and half the nibbles on the line were crabs. Now there's nothing.

Same with the fishing. Would get all kinds of fish off the beach. Now it's just spot, whiting and croaker. I can still get drum and trout and lots of other stuff with a boat or kayak, but nothing like just a few years ago.

Sad to see.
https://www.cbf.org/news-media/newsroom ... anged.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:32 pm

Y'all are on the wrong side of the Bay Bridge. Over here we go to Harris Crab House for crab cakes. I actually saw Donald Rumsfield there about 20 year ago when he was serving our nation as the Secretary of Defense. I tipped my baseball cap to him, which of course had the American flag on it!
yes, great spot at Kent Narrows. One of our favorites when we come across the bridge for a bike ride and end back at the Narrows for cold beer and a meal. Better food than the Jetty, though being out on the end of the dock, with some music and a bucket of beers is fun. They had a great big fresh fish sandwich we liked as well. I'm afraid it's gonna be awhile before we do again as we're moving to Florida, but we'll find excuses to get back!

Ahh for the days when guys like Rumsfeld and HW and W were still welcome in the GOP.
Recently my wife and I were introduced to those amazing soft shelled crabs. The fish monger at our local Wegmans suggested them to us. It was love at first bite. That crispy tempura batter with a remoulade sauce on a fresh ciabatta role... outstanding!!! I don't know if that is how you Maryland natives eat them but they are addicting.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:38 am

Recently my wife and I were introduced to those amazing soft shelled crabs. The fish monger at our local Wegmans suggested them to us. It was love at first bite. That crispy tempura batter with a remoulade sauce on a fresh ciabatta role... outstanding!!! I don't know if that is how you Maryland natives eat them but they are addicting.
Love soft shells. Interesting that Wegmans can successfully provide them in Upstate.

Freshness is important.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Soft shells are plentiful at the restaurants around here. My family loves them but I cannot get past the legs hanging out of the sandwich. We ride our bikes from our home to the cross island trail down to the narrows, it is an easy ride, 5 miles each way. We used to have a pub crawl on Labor Day Sunday but the last one had over 80 people, it got too much to manage.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

If you love soft shells like I do, and you ever get to New Orleans, get the smoked soft shells at Clancy's; the best ever. Often, they're topped with lump crab meat.

I always feel like I'm rolling the dice ordering soft shells, when they're bad, they're pretty bad, when they're good, they're great.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:32 am Soft shells are plentiful at the restaurants around here. My family loves them but I cannot get past the legs hanging out of the sandwich. We ride our bikes from our home to the cross island trail down to the narrows, it is an easy ride, 5 miles each way. We used to have a pub crawl on Labor Day Sunday but the last one had over 80 people, it got too much to manage.
:D They do indeed require a bit of 'getting over' the legs etc, but I grew up weekends on the shore, crabbing and fishing and hunting. When the soft shells were running, we'd fry them up on the back of the boat grill in a frying pan...yum.

Gotta know how to properly clean out the 'dead man' for anyone tempted to try this themselves...easy, but make sure you do it.

Yes, that's the easy trail we like to do, and then toodle around in the park a bit...really an excuse to get down to the shore, a little light exercise, ending with cold beer and chow on a dock...worth the 45 minute drive from NW of Baltimore, as long as you avoid peak bridge traffic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Andersen wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 11:46 am If you love soft shells like I do, and you ever get to New Orleans, get the smoked soft shells at Clancy's; the best ever. Often, they're topped with lump crab meat.

I always feel like I'm rolling the dice ordering soft shells, when they're bad, they're pretty bad, when they're good, they're great.
Agreed, you need to know the restaurant...but any decent seafood restaurant on the Eastern Shore is likely to know their soft shells. At home, we do them in a huge cast iron skillet for guests. Key is fresh.

Thanks for recommendation in New Orleans, don't think I've ever had them 'smoked'.
When in New Orleans, I love a good crawfish boil by the river...like hard crabs, beer needs to be cold and plentiful!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Is has been awhile but last time i was in NO there was nothing better than to go out on the bayou, find a nice dock, drink cold beer and eat crawfish. The Q then and i assume still is “Do you suck the head? “. It was long enough ago K Paul’s was in its hay day.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 1:46 pm Is has been awhile but last time i was in NO there was nothing better than to go out on the bayou, find a nice dock, drink cold beer and eat crawfish. The Q then and i assume still is “Do you suck the head? “. It was long enough ago K Paul’s was in its hay day.
Pinch tails and suck heads is the full expression. :D
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Yum
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:09 pm Pinch tails and suck heads is the full expression. :D
I didn't know you were like that.... :o ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 2:09 pm Pinch tails and suck heads is the full expression. :D
I didn't know you were like that.... :o ;)
Depends on the company... ;)

Fun times by the river, very much like sitting at a picnic table with a bushel of jumbos and good friends. Breaks down a whole lot of barriers...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:54 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:38 am

Love soft shells. Interesting that Wegmans can successfully provide them in Upstate.

Freshness is important.
It is hit or miss. Our Wegmans store will have them about once month. I think the farther Wegmans expands down south the more frequently we will see them in our store. They only have around a half dozen 2 packs in stock at anytime. They are an outstanding treat that my wife and I have fallen in love with.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:26 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 2:22 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 1:50 pm
No. He wants his team to win. Not at all the same thing.

If he thought more voting would help get the outcomes he wants? He'd be on here lecturing us about the importance of voter access.
Yes he does. Analysis has shown that when less of the other people vote ‘his team’ wins. I have not seem him suggest any system that results in more people voting. With all the real problems facing voters, Old Soldier wants to focus on something that history has shown isn’t a real problem. Yeah someone was delivering some ballots in Bridgeport, CT….notice he never mentions the Republicans committing voter fraud and the people that do are Red Blooded Americans. 🇺🇸

He has gotten this far by dealing with people that are stupid or let him slide. It is what it is…Old Salt and people like Old Salt want to maintain the old way of life in this country. I don’t blame him. It has happened with each and every empire. Life is good at the top. Let’s get back to the good old days when there was less competition and folks like Old Salt were able to jump to the front of the line….now it’s “they aren’t doing it the right way”. Liars and frauds.
I've been trying to tell you how, but you both refuse to consider using REAL ID data because it better serves your agenda not to.

How do CT & CO currently verify that every registered voter is a US citizen & who they claim to be ?
TSA already does that via REAL ID data matching. Election officials can do the same.
ggaslamp understands how REAL ID AVR works. Hire him to implement it in CO.
For CT - hire Wanda in Bridgeport to do it, she's looking for a new job.
https://qns.com/2024/07/six-indicted-vo ... queens-da/

Hire DEI Chin
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:36 pm

If he thought more voting would help get the outcomes he wants? He'd be on here lecturing us about the importance of voter access.
Yes he does. Analysis has shown that when less of the other people vote ‘his team’ wins. I have not seem him suggest any system that results in more people voting. With all the real problems facing voters, Old Soldier wants to focus on something that history has shown isn’t a real problem. Yeah someone was delivering some ballots in Bridgeport, CT….notice he never mentions the Republicans committing voter fraud and the people that do are Red Blooded Americans. 🇺🇸

He has gotten this far by dealing with people that are stupid or let him slide. It is what it is…Old Salt and people like Old Salt want to maintain the old way of life in this country. I don’t blame him. It has happened with each and every empire. Life is good at the top. Let’s get back to the good old days when there was less competition and folks like Old Salt were able to jump to the front of the line….now it’s “they aren’t doing it the right way”. Liars and frauds.
I've been trying to tell you how, but you both refuse to consider using REAL ID data because it better serves your agenda not to.

How do CT & CO currently verify that every registered voter is a US citizen & who they claim to be ?
TSA already does that via REAL ID data matching. Election officials can do the same.

Hire DEI Chin
A requirement to show a REAL ID would have prevented it.

Queens DA investigators interviewed multiple individuals whose names and personal information were listed on the ballot application and learned that the voters did not fill out or sign the application, never met the defendant listed as authorized to pick it up and never received an absentee ballot. In total, the charges in the indictment reflect that 23 Queens County voters had absentee ballot applications and ballots fraudulently submitted in their names.

“As alleged in this case, the defendants went to the Board of Elections and filed fraudulent ballot applications on behalf of 23 voters they had never met,” Katz said.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:32 pm

Hire DEI Chin

Queens DA investigators interviewed multiple individuals whose names and personal information were listed on the ballot application and learned that the voters did not fill out or sign the application, never met the defendant listed as authorized to pick it up and never received an absentee ballot. In total, the charges in the indictment reflect that 23 Queens County voters had absentee ballot applications and ballots fraudulently submitted in their names.

“As alleged in this case, the defendants went to the Board of Elections and filed fraudulent ballot applications on behalf of 23 voters they had never met,” Katz said.
You mean require in person voting for everyone

A “Star” or REAL ID is not required to vote in any state.
However, in some states voters who want to renew or obtain a state photo ID or driver’s license (for voting or another purpose) have no choice but to go through the REAL ID process.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:14 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:32 pm

Hire DEI Chin

You mean require in person voting for everyone

A “Star” or REAL ID is not required to vote in any state.
However, in some states voters who want to renew or obtain a state photo ID or driver’s license (for voting or another purpose) have no choice but to go through the REAL ID process.
In what states can you still obtain a drivers license without going through the REAL ID process ?

It would not mandate voting in person. You could sign & fill in your REAL ID #, on both your ballot application & absentee/mail in ballot. They could be electronically matched with your signature & REAL ID # in your DMV's data base.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Of course this should be prosecuted. Duh. But let's break this down.

This scheme involved flipping 23 votes in one primary election for one city council district in Flushing Queens. The margin of victory in this district was 181 votes. The total number of votes cast in this election district primary was about 6,000. The scam did not change the outcome and the perps were caught.

So -- yeah -- folks can monkey with elections in very small districts. Like the one that was tried in US House NC district 9. Where the perps were also caught.

The obvious point being that it is completely mathematically and practically impossible to rig election results at the state level. Much less six states at the same time.

So yet again, Salty please shove the forking bad faith bullshirt fascist racist gaslight up your butt.

And as always...

BOYCOTT FORKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”