All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: All Things Russia

Post by Trinity »

Butina is pleading to one count of Conspiracy? That can’t bring her Republican buddies comfort.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:and Saltskya, is first Russian national to cooperate!
If she was colludin', they'd charge her with more than FARA, failure to file, & conspiracy to act as an agent of Russia.
...espionage maybe ?

0-6 mos recommended. She's already served 5 mos.
How about ....If she wasn't cooperating, "they'd charge her with more than FARA, failure to file, & conspiracy to act as an agent of Russia.
...espionage maybe ?" My opinion is just as right as yours.
Informed opinion = espionage-lite.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/maria-but ... te-with-us

In July of this year, Butina was arrested and charged on two counts: acting as a covert agent of a foreign government, and conspiring to break federal law by doing so. The specific charge for acting as a foreign agent is colloquially known as Section 951. It’s often confused with the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), but the two are separate. FARA bars secret foreign lobbying, while DOJ lawyers refer to Section 951 as “espionage-lite.” She has only pleaded guilty to the second count, conspiracy. The defense’s estimated sentence for this conviction, according to the plea deal, is up to six months. She has already spent almost five months in jail.
Thanks. When criminals are picked up, it is not uncommon for additional charges to be filed as the investigation continues. Would you happen to know if the investigation continued?
Ken Dilinian of MSNBC reported -- if she had simply registered under FARA, much of this would be legal.

Pete Williams of MSNBC reported -- it's a far cry from the case the govt originally brought. A lot of backing off by the govt. They've changed their minds about her. Just influence peddling. No indication she had anything to do with election meddling, No suggestion she had anything to do with Russian intelligence.
1) Much does not equal all....much of what OJ did the night of the murders was probably legal.

2) Is there any reason for her to sign a cooperation agreement if she did not do anything?

3) When the Feds cut people loose is there generally a cooperation agreement signed?
Espionage-lite. She was in the US, making contacts & inroads before Trump was even a candidate.
I didn't say she didn't do anything. I pointed out MSNBC's reporting that there's no indication or reason to believe she did anything in collusion with the Trump campaign. I posted reliable MSM news reporting, not my opinion.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Happy times for Putin. EUrope is coming apart at the seams.

Paris in flames & now a shooting in the Strasbourg Xmas market by a local on the security watch list.

Semi-soft Brexit agreement going down. Lame duck Merkel. Military buildup in Ukraine.

US paralyzed with Russophobia. No matter what Trump does (even if nothing) he'll be accused of being Putin's puppet.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:and Saltskya, is first Russian national to cooperate!
If she was colludin', they'd charge her with more than FARA, failure to file, & conspiracy to act as an agent of Russia.
...espionage maybe ?

0-6 mos recommended. She's already served 5 mos.
How about ....If she wasn't cooperating, "they'd charge her with more than FARA, failure to file, & conspiracy to act as an agent of Russia.
...espionage maybe ?" My opinion is just as right as yours.
Informed opinion = espionage-lite.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/maria-but ... te-with-us

In July of this year, Butina was arrested and charged on two counts: acting as a covert agent of a foreign government, and conspiring to break federal law by doing so. The specific charge for acting as a foreign agent is colloquially known as Section 951. It’s often confused with the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), but the two are separate. FARA bars secret foreign lobbying, while DOJ lawyers refer to Section 951 as “espionage-lite.” She has only pleaded guilty to the second count, conspiracy. The defense’s estimated sentence for this conviction, according to the plea deal, is up to six months. She has already spent almost five months in jail.
Thanks. When criminals are picked up, it is not uncommon for additional charges to be filed as the investigation continues. Would you happen to know if the investigation continued?
Ken Dilinian of MSNBC reported -- if she had simply registered under FARA, much of this would be legal.

Pete Williams of MSNBC reported -- it's a far cry from the case the govt originally brought. A lot of backing off by the govt. They've changed their minds about her. Just influence peddling. No indication she had anything to do with election meddling, No suggestion she had anything to do with Russian intelligence.
1) Much does not equal all....much of what OJ did the night of the murders was probably legal.

2) Is there any reason for her to sign a cooperation agreement if she did not do anything?

3) When the Feds cut people loose is there generally a cooperation agreement signed?
Espionage-lite. She was in the US, making contacts & inroads before Trump was even a candidate.
I didn't say she didn't do anything. I pointed out MSNBC's reporting that there's no indication or reason to believe she did anything in collusion with the Trump campaign. I posted reliable MSM news reporting, not my opinion.

The filing makes no mention of an allegation the government made in July — that Butina offered sex in exchange for a job. Butina has been held in jail without bail. She currently has a plea hearing scheduled for Thursday at 10:30 a.m.

Another mis-characterization. Other than backing off the sex for secrets, how is this any different? The investigation is whether Russia funneled money to the NRA and then into American political races. Who cares if there is or isn't a nexus to Trump. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not the United States of Trump.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

The investigation is whether Russia funneled money to the NRA and then into American political races. Who cares if there is or isn't a nexus to Trump
BFD.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
The investigation is whether Russia funneled money to the NRA and then into American political races. Who cares if there is or isn't a nexus to Trump
BFD.
All enemies, foreign and domestic. BFD...No F'n bottom. BFD. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
BFD.
All enemies, foreign and domestic. BFD...No F'n bottom. BFD. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Grow up. Worry about the US govt spying on it's own citizens & trying to influence US political races.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ng/565538/
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote:Happy times for Putin. EUrope is coming apart at the seams.

Paris in flames & now a shooting in the Strasbourg Xmas market by a local on the security watch list.

Semi-soft Brexit agreement going down. Lame duck Merkel. Military buildup in Ukraine.

US paralyzed with Russophobia. No matter what Trump does (even if nothing) he'll be accused of being Putin's puppet.
Putin / Russia want Brexit, that's why they pushed so hard for it - if it dies and Europe is stronger, they lose.

In other news, France has these moments frequently. It's so out of place for us to demand help for the poor and lower class that it looks like a major uprising to the U.S..

16 (and counting) Trump associates had contacts with Russians during campaign or transition, including at least six who have plead guilty or have been convicted of crimes relating to the matter.

Oil and gas prices are dropping, which is really bad for Russia. Russia is also facing more sanctions and opposition from a united front of the modern world. They have reacted by doing things like sending bombers to Venezuela and Naval blockades. And yet Putin's approval rating is still dropping significantly (which has happened really one other time).

The US isn't paralyzed unless you're the Republican party trying to pass healthcare reform or immigration reform.

In reality, it's not happy times for Putin - I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote:US paralyzed with Russophobia. No matter what Trump does (even if nothing) he'll be accused of being Putin's puppet.
If you really believe that, that means he's free to anything he wishes.

For Trump's fans, including old salt, he can do no wrong. This also means he's free to do anything he likes. So lifelong Republicans don't care if he protects Union jobs over non-Union jobs. Or tanks the stock market by over-borrowing and starting trade wars with, well, everyone.

I have no clue why you think Trump can't do anything he wants. Wishful thinking?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
old salt wrote:
BFD.
Grow up. Worry about the US govt spying on it's own citizens & trying to influence US political races.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ng/565538/
I'll grow up when you stop lickin' boot. Disgraceful.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Our entire legal system is based on "wawtaboutisms"...so stuff it.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/20 ... -donations

The fines were a result of complaints filed with the FEC by the Republican National Committee. What the heck does the FEC do anyway. It will ONLY investigate if prompted?

Lakefront Strategies (Jordan Kaplan) raised $13 million according to the Obama foundation 990 tax return. Funny, can't seem to find a website or business registration for this name in DC. Nice neighborhood though. 3112 North Hampton st.

http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pd ... 12_990.pdf

It's ONLY the hypocrites honey, only them.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:Our entire legal system is based on "wawtaboutisms"...so stuff it.

The fines were a result of complaints filed with the FEC by the Republican National Committee. What the heck does the FEC do anyway. It will ONLY investigate if prompted?

Lakefront Strategies (Jordan Kaplan) raised $13 million according to the Obama foundation 990 tax return. Funny, can't seem to find a website or business registration for this name in DC. Nice neighborhood though. 3112 North Hampton st.

One of these things is not like the others

“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

All redNwhite.

all footware.

all made by suicidal slave children........seems to be TAATs to me book1

But.....what's your point? THat the Obama foundation's major fundraising arm doesn't truly exist as a legal business entity doesnt bother you in the least.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:All redNwhite.

all footware.

all made by suicidal slave children........seems to be TAATs to me book1

But.....what's your point? THat the Obama foundation's major fundraising arm doesn't truly exist as a legal business entity doesnt bother you in the least.
NOPE
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Our entire legal system is based on "wawtaboutisms"...so stuff it.

That clip is pure genius, which explains all things for the never-Trumper; (queue music)...he's, not, like, the-others. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

That clip is pure genius, which explains all things for the never-Trumper; (queue music)...he's, not, like, the-others. :lol:
You are right about that.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

they are also all LEFT foot footware. Not sure what the point is of this video....or posting it.

Watched 30 fer 30 last nite on that cretin Bobby knight.........yup.....HE belonged. TLD keeps good "common" company.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:they are also all LEFT foot footware. Not sure what the point is of this video....or posting it.

Watched 30 fer 30 last nite on that cretin Bobby knight.........yup.....HE belonged. TLD keeps good "common" company.
My grandmother loved him! I was raised on Who's Ear basketball.... I actually wanted to play for him but wasn't good enough.

EDIT: As a matter of fact, a friend's brother played for him and loved him but Bobby sort of lost his mind eventually. My friend that I played with in the summers was Mr. basketball in Indiana but didn't have any grades so he went to Hawaii, had fun and flamed out. He was a good basketball player but dumb as a rock. His brother did well post IU like a lot of those guys. Man, I loved basketball. Saw Moses Malone in a HS all american game go 30 pts and 30 rebs and wasn't the MVP.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”