Brown 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
joewillie78

Re: Brown 2019

Post by joewillie78 »

Sting The Corner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:39 pm 2019 squad just can’t seem to put 4 good quarters together. When a Top 10 team comes to town you’re not going to win if you sleep walk through the 1st half.
Cornell looked solid though nice W. They have plenty of weapons and the goalie had a good game. Piatelli looks much improved this year.
All around bad shooting day for Brown. No problem with Aughavin taking 14 shots but would like some more to drop. McCaleb had a rough one. Geppert very solid on Teat. Now need some help and a W against Dartmouth for the ILT.
I may be confused (it happens often) but as I see it, you beat Dartmouth and you are in at 3-3. The only other teams that can get to 3-3 are Princeton and Harvard and I believe you own the head to head win.

If this is incorrect, then I guess I am missing something.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

Princeton in control over Harvard today—a Princeton win next weekend vs Cornell and it’s Brown/Cornell/Princeton at 3-3 with a coin flip I believe.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Sting The Corner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:56 pm Princeton in control over Harvard today—a Princeton win next weekend vs Cornell and it’s Brown/Cornell/Princeton at 3-3 with a coin flip I believe.
OH, I thought head to head was the tiebreaker. Sorry.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

joewillie78 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:58 pm
Sting The Corner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:56 pm Princeton in control over Harvard today—a Princeton win next weekend vs Cornell and it’s Brown/Cornell/Princeton at 3-3 with a coin flip I believe.
OH, I thought head to head was the tiebreaker. Sorry.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
I believe it is, but when you have three teams tied and they’ve each beaten one of the other two, they have to add another layer of tiebreakers. Not sure about a coin flip - I thought it was record against the teams that finished higher in the standings, but I could very well be wrong (that also happens often).

Big Red looked really solid today, but suffered from some mental lapses that almost let Brown back in the game. Still, I came away impressed. Goalie and fogo likely prevented what would’ve been a memorable Bruno comeback.
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

All three potential 3-3’s are 0-fer against Penn and Yale. I do believe if Princeton and Brown win out, the three Athletic Directors actually draw straws or something ridiculous. Go Big Red.
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

Sting The Corner wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:15 pm All three potential 3-3’s are 0-fer against Penn and Yale. I do believe if Princeton and Brown win out, the three Athletic Directors actually draw straws or something ridiculous. Go Big Red.
Yikes. Not an ideal scenario! Go Red.
QuakerSouth

Post by QuakerSouth »

I think there some sort of goal differential between tied teams (or something like that). Finally, a coin flip is the last resort.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

Ahhh, I am beginning to see the scenarios. IF Princeton beats Cornell and they are both 3-3, Princeton would hold the head to head, and if Brown beats Dartmouth, they would get to 3-3 and Cornell would hold the head to head edge, on them but Brown also holds the head to Head over Princeton, but NOT Cornell, but Princeton with a win as I said before holds the head to head over Cornell.

Goal dfferential, always seems bizarre as if that is the case, then RUNNING IT UP would not be so frowned upon like it currently is, and a COIN TOSS? Egads. UNLESS, its goal differential to the teams you LOST to? That makes more sense, as obviously you werent running it up, you were just trying to win.

GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
calourie

Post by calourie »

CU77 has it all laid out on the Ivy League thread
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Team Statistics
Game Stats COR BRWN
Shots 36 49
Turnovers 18 22
Caused Turns. 4 5
Faceoffs Won 12 12
Extra-Man Opps 1 3
Ground Balls 25 30

12-12. 25-30. 🤔
Sure didn't feel like it, did it?
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

The season-long TO plague continued vs. Cornell...19 with PC Tues. nite but Goss negated the damage with 17 saves for a 2 goal win....22 yesterday and Goss' 10 saves weren't enough to overcome a 3 goal loss (almost all losses this year being in the 1-3 goal margin category),,,,,,TO's above 13ish make it very difficult to cover.....not sure of the problem: fundamental passing/catching flaws?; poor lax IQ's in forcing that which isn't there?: youth?; heebie-jeebies? ....don't know how that is coached-out of a team.......this team has shown it can play up with anyone; but also play down with anyone....how could they possibly be flat in the 1st half against a Cornell?! (don't buy the tough game with PC 4 games ago being an excuse)....a bevy of talent on offense but no real "go-to" guy that the premiere teams possess......expect all those 1 and 2 goal losses to reverse next season with more experience and some high-powered talent coming in September...meanwhile a Dartmouth win will be a struggle to gain the Ivy Tourney if they come out as flat as shown in yesterday's 1st half....if the TO's somehow disappear in the Tourney and Goss makes 20 saves in both the semis and finals this team can win the AQ in NYC......a crazed Cornell player screaming from the sidelines that he's "going to f...in kill a Brown player"?!.....if that's not enough incentive to get to the Tournament and pray for a re-match then there's no hope.....
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Counselor wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:03 am ......a crazed Cornell player screaming from the sidelines that he's "going to f...in kill a Brown player"?!.......
What do you suppose precipitated that? Anybody know?

If it was #45, he has 3 minutes in penalties all year (albeit three 1 minute penalties in one game, vs Towson), no penalties in 2018, 2017, or 2016. His entire career - penalties in one game. Not generally a "crazed" kind of guy.

If it was #51, subtracting the one minute he got for this incident, he's had two 1 minute penalties in separate games. No penalties in 2018 or 2017. His entire career - two penalties.

"Crazed?" No. I'll give you "enraged." But reactive to something.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Ivyman - I'm sure he was reacting to something, both sides seemed to be getting into it a bit. Petterson/Teat (or wast that Piatelli?) have never struck me as hot heads, so I'm sure there was a catalyst. I was watching the live-stream so didn't see any of it, as it was off-camera.

Regarding the game, I didn't turn it on until the 3rd quarter when it was 8-2 (watched the 1st half last night). Seeing the score, my reaction was 'ugh, here we go again'; however, Brown played very well from that point on, excepting a few careless TOs. Huge fan of the young players, Aughavin/Grell/Cook and others, this team will be very good in the years to come. Would love to see them get into the ILT and make some noise, but even if they don't, I'm optimistic for the future.
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

I’d rather not stir the pot, but I feel as though I should share this.... I hadn’t heard about that before, so I don’t know any of the details... This is all word-of-mouth, so there’s no way to verify it...
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

Thanks for posting, JSC. Always helps to understand.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

Ugh, JS hope that’s not true but if it is, that’s horrible.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

middleAgedBear wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:44 pm Ugh, JS hope that’s not true but if it is, that’s horrible.
Agreed.

If blows were exchanged, could there be game suspensions by the IL even without in-game expulsions by refs?
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

J.S. Carberry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am I’d rather not stir the pot, but I feel as though I should share this.... I hadn’t heard about that before, so I don’t know any of the details... This is all word-of-mouth, so there’s no way to verify it...
This is a disgusting lie and you should be ashamed and reprimanded for spreading such slander.
Also, Jeff Teat doesn't have a sister. He has 2 younger brothers and all someone would need to do is check his Cornell bio to see that.
I will never believe another post you make.
J.S. Carberry

Post by J.S. Carberry »

InDeoSperamus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:55 pm
J.S. Carberry wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:27 am I’d rather not stir the pot, but I feel as though I should share this.... I hadn’t heard about that before, so I don’t know any of the details... This is all word-of-mouth, so there’s no way to verify it...
This is a disgusting lie and you should be ashamed and reprimanded for spreading such slander.
Also, he doesn't have a sister. He has 2 younger brothers and all someone would need to do is check his Cornell bio to see that.
I will never believe another post you make.
Excuse me?? I’m telling you what I heard; that’s all. If there’s an inaccuracy, you can blame the Cornell player who relayed the message. No need to get belligerent about something of which neither of us knows the full details.
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

Carberry, I will never believe another post you make and I don't believe the last one you made. You say "I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone who heard something" to divert blame away from your own slander. I hear a lot of BS every day and I'm smart enough not to spread it in private let alone in public on the internet. You wont even admit you were spreading a lie when the facts are obviously at conflict with your "hearsay". Instead you say "well blame it on the guy I heard it from in private and not me for posting it anonymously on a public forum".
You knew exactly what you were doing and it was disgusting.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”