Hobart 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PDSlax

Re: Hobart 2023

Post by PDSlax »

Happy New Year!

I haven't checked this forum recently, so I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or addressed. I just looked at the Statesmen roster, and I didn't see any first-years on there. Is this right? Or, has the roster just not been finalized?

I'm eager to see Hobart play High Point this year. It will be the first in-person game I've attended in almost thirty years!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

PDSlax wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:01 pm Happy New Year!

I haven't checked this forum recently, so I apologize in advance if this has already been asked or addressed. I just looked at the Statesmen roster, and I didn't see any first-years on there. Is this right? Or, has the roster just not been finalized?

I'm eager to see Hobart play High Point this year. It will be the first in-person game I've attended in almost thirty years!
Coach Raymond usually doesn't add freshman to the published roster till they return to campus after fall semester. Expect to see a more complete roster over the next 2 weeks.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Is someone in Geneva reading this thread? First years posted on roster now.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Love it. Let's go Statesmen!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

GeneralBart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:00 am Is someone in Geneva reading this thread? First years posted on roster now.
Yes they do.....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Lacrosse bucket did an A10 preview though they screwed up the POYS

https://lacrossebucket.com/2023/01/09/2 ... 0-preview/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:56 pm Lacrosse bucket did an A10 preview though they screwed up the POYS

https://lacrossebucket.com/2023/01/09/2 ... 0-preview/
A bad look on the POYS. No love for UMass
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

GeneralBart wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:00 am Is someone in Geneva reading this thread? First years posted on roster now.
Anyone else’s notice the listed positions? We had a wealth of offensive talent last 3-4yrs but less established or known this year so feel like positions matter more than they did from 19-22.

Attack:

James Greene (was mid as FR, raw but coaches started him early then he was injured and missed a good chunk of the season)
Tim Evnin - big scorer in ISL, arguably should’ve been AA out of that league and sounds like a kid who could play at X
Will Delano - small but talented. Believe he also was out or played hurt s good chunk of the season (a common theme last few years w injuries)
John Herlihy - our best Mid last year and standout in the 5 game season of 2020, of what truly moving to attack (left of goal/GLE I presume) that’s a meaningful shift from what one might’ve projected after last season, answers a question at attack and frees up a mid spot where we hve more established players coming back
Max Snellenberg - FR, 6’1”, 205, seems like the body of a midfielder based on our roster
Jake Sampson - hasn’t played a ton but when he has he’s been at mid
Alex Rosa/Sam Ward - Soph/Jr I figured would fight for a starting spot. One may be odd man out/EMO
Alex Begina - had a strong jr he then a leg injury took out his Sr year
Anthony Dattellas - clear starter w Herlihy
Tanner Wood - had played little but more mid
Troy Barthelme - played a good bit first two years and coaches like him missed all of last year
Connor DiTomasso

Not knowing healthy or what’s happened over the off-season for kids there’s only one slot for what would seem: Greene, Evnin, Delano, Rosa, Ward and Barthelme as the most glaring candidates for the third spot and EMO. My simpleton opinion on limited info seems to handicap it as Greene, Evnin, Delano and Ward with the nest shot at it given Greene, Delano and Ward were starting or playing a lot when healthy last year. DiTomasso was very productive on. A competitive state champ (or run we up) chi area program with a line mate highly regarded going to ND.

Midfield

Baltzer
Cardinali
Cade Dino
Julian Race
Hochheimer
Meite
Randall Brown
Belle-Walker
Davis
Gullace
Simas
Peterkin
Ballo
Stevens
Bach
Plunkett
Driscoll
Romm
Considine
Greenberg
Grooms
Braeden Wimer
Delaney

The way Coach R talked about Peterkin it almost feels like he’s the next Justin Scott. Bach and Simas are locked in so best guess that third spot is Peterkin and if not then I’d guess it’s between (if healthy) Baltzer (put up 55g his Sr yr of HS), Romm, Cardinali, Greenberg. A lot of unknowns with the others. Wimer was injured all last year. Race is small but was an AA at St Joes, Dino first ever section 4 two time AA (body to be a SSDM early too), Delaney switched from Cornell committment.

We need health. We’ve got the bodies.

Some of the D/LSM lites positions were interesting as well if they hold come reg season.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

With Archer/Madonna/Mott departing Hobart is losing 78 goals and 60 assists. Will be interesting to see who replaces them but who can duplicate that production? Big ask imo. Shea and Christiansen will be great. Are there competent SSDMs to allow the D to keep Hobart in games while the offense finds an identity and guys that can produce like Archer/Madonna/Mott?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxbuck wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:45 am With Archer/Madonna/Mott departing Hobart is losing 78 goals and 60 assists. Will be interesting to see who replaces them but who can duplicate that production? Big ask imo. Shea and Christiansen will be great. Are there competent SSDMs to allow the D to keep Hobart in games while the offense finds an identity and guys that can produce like Archer/Madonna/Mott?
Yes most folks expect a rebuilding year on o but all the D, LSMs and G are multi year starters pretty much plus a strong three deep FO unit (Shea, Shaifer is a excellent next man uo wild eyed kid-a beast and this FR Schoefield has the look of the next Bobby Dattillo who’s still the Hobart D1 standard bearer at FO w all due respect to Pedicine and others).

The midfield was expected to be rock solid w Herlihy who had 12g in 5 games in 20 on a loaded offense and was 25,4 missing a few games last year at Mid plus Simas (22,1) and Chad Bach (Soph who was 9,7 last year but is every bit as athletic and the body of any of the large St Joes kids) so it was going to be all midfield driven plus Dattellas (20,10 as a soph) at A and a whole lot of questions there. If their sliding Herlihy down to A then they must adore Peterkin - a FR Raymond talked about in the fall and he rarely talks about FR early at all, didn’t mention kids like Scott, Holden and Aslanian until well into their careers for example. Then it’s kind of the third A and depth. So a lot comes down to that final attack spot and the 2nd, 3rd midfield lines but should be able to control the ball and play low scoring games more this year which is how they won the NEC in 2016 with a dearth of offensive talent.

Would’ve been nice to have Madonna come back but instead he’s at a new conference opponent w his younger brother.

Reality is we’ve had so many injuries last few years (4-6, it’s a institutional problem in the Raymond era, well beyond typical or average for programs) that we could have a few who were playing hurt or missed some/all of last year who could step up massively and no one see it coming. Numerous HS AA who’ve missed major time-Wimer, Baltzer, Romm, etc as a few examples of non seniors. Never should’ve lost to SHU last year but mid season we were missing like 4-5 starters. I have no idea why we’ve had such a run of bad luck. Throw in that Jason Knox is still playing for OSU which hurts as well.

It’s expected to be a tough rebuilding year, see 2018 between winning the Reg Season NEC in 17 going undefeated in conference but getting stuck by Pressler in a gross mess of a 5-4 final and then a 2019 season with an elite offense but just blew it to RoMo in the playoffs. 2020 should’ve been Barts year as well but COVID then we started graduating some of a big offensive group.

We will see but the path to success in 23 is winning 9-7 and 11-8 not 19-16 as had been the case a lot last few years.

Haven’t had big physical SSDMs much in a decade. Even really good ones like Wylie Sherman and Stanny a Gilbertson weren’t very big but they at least carried 185-195lba on their frame. We’ve been working with a lot of 155-170lbs kids there last 2-3yrs while running and gunning. But we have a new unknown to D1 D coordinator who the underground buzz is that the guy is an absolute hidden gem. If that’s half true then we might surprise some folks.

I’m expecting a 3-5 win season and prepared for worse. The older alums who think the pre 2010 hobart, and particularly the 80s and 90s program, is coming back in any way are freaking out probably but it’s a different world.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I mean,

3 to 5 wins,
why not just go all the way and say, 1 win.

There are some wins on that schedule,
plus the intangible boost of the 1st year of A-10 play.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:14 am I mean,

3 to 5 wins,
why not just go all the way and say, 1 win.
There’s some wins on that schedule,
plus the intangible boost of 1st year of A-10 play.
Look at the schedule and handicap it for me.

Canisius - ok
Lehigh - maybe we beat them short handed last year at home but I suspect given their disposition after they’ll be highly motivated
Colgate - ok, they can’t be dismissed but have basically been terrible since Nagle left, Karwecks record looks like 90s and first half of 2000s Gate
Cornell-man I hope but I’m not risking my kids future on that
RoMo-maybe but they’re return a lot more than we do and as our number a bit under Raymond
Prov - maybe
Dartmouth - maybe but they seem to have some momentum and we’re rebuilding
Syracuse - at home but man if we didn’t do it last year
Conference play:

SBU - ok
HPU - 50/50
St Joes - not likely with what they return
Richmond - has our best scorer form last year
UMass - no idea but we didn’t have a lot of success in the 2000s in ECACa against them and they will be tough

So what’s best case?

Win Can, Gate, Lehigh, Prov, RoMo, Dart, SBU, HPU, UMass and go 9-4. What’s worst case? Beat Can and SBU and got 2-11. Average if equally weighted outcomes of 5.5 wins.

What’s reality?

Beat Can & SBU, split with HPU/RoMo/Dart/Prov/Lehigh and that’s 4.5 wins (2 plus 5/2) and got 4-9/5-8.

We were 4-10 in 2018 rebuilding off of a strong but disappointing 2017 where we had new guys in Holden and Aslanian taking over the offense from a prior group.

How does that seem so crazy?

Do I go into Cornell and Cuse expecting to win, then stuff lake trout down their pants for the bus ride home every year? Yes. Am I a lunatic that would set my expectations based on that? Not in a little while.

Everyone’s got the intangible boost of new conference play. If we got to 7-6 I’d be thrilled to be honest. That would require FR or some kids who’ve been injured/buried on the depth chart to make meaningful progress in their college careers. Expecting that is foolish.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Anything close to .500 would be a successful season
Bart

Post by Bart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:26 am
Laxbuck wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:45 am With Archer/Madonna/Mott departing Hobart is losing 78 goals and 60 assists. Will be interesting to see who replaces them but who can duplicate that production? Big ask imo. Shea and Christiansen will be great. Are there competent SSDMs to allow the D to keep Hobart in games while the offense finds an identity and guys that can produce like Archer/Madonna/Mott?
Yes most folks expect a rebuilding year on o but all the D, LSMs and G are multi year starters pretty much plus a strong three deep FO unit (Shea, Shaifer is a excellent next man uo wild eyed kid-a beast and this FR Schoefield has the look of the next Bobby Dattillo who’s still the Hobart D1 standard bearer at FO w all due respect to Pedicine and others).

The midfield was expected to be rock solid w Herlihy who had 12g in 5 games in 20 on a loaded offense and was 25,4 missing a few games last year at Mid plus Simas (22,1) and Chad Bach (Soph who was 9,7 last year but is every bit as athletic and the body of any of the large St Joes kids) so it was going to be all midfield driven plus Dattellas (20,10 as a soph) at A and a whole lot of questions there. If their sliding Herlihy down to A then they must adore Peterkin - a FR Raymond talked about in the fall and he rarely talks about FR early at all, didn’t mention kids like Scott, Holden and Aslanian until well into their careers for example. Then it’s kind of the third A and depth. So a lot comes down to that final attack spot and the 2nd, 3rd midfield lines but should be able to control the ball and play low scoring games more this year which is how they won the NEC in 2016 with a dearth of offensive talent.

Would’ve been nice to have Madonna come back but instead he’s at a new conference opponent w his younger brother.

Reality is we’ve had so many injuries last few years (4-6, it’s a institutional problem in the Raymond era, well beyond typical or average for programs) that we could have a few who were playing hurt or missed some/all of last year who could step up massively and no one see it coming. Numerous HS AA who’ve missed major time-Wimer, Baltzer, Romm, etc as a few examples of non seniors. Never should’ve lost to SHU last year but mid season we were missing like 4-5 starters. I have no idea why we’ve had such a run of bad luck. Throw in that Jason Knox is still playing for OSU which hurts as well.

It’s expected to be a tough rebuilding year, see 2018 between winning the Reg Season NEC in 17 going undefeated in conference but getting stuck by Pressler in a gross mess of a 5-4 final and then a 2019 season with an elite offense but just blew it to RoMo in the playoffs. 2020 should’ve been Barts year as well but COVID then we started graduating some of a big offensive group.

We will see but the path to success in 23 is winning 9-7 and 11-8 not 19-16 as had been the case a lot last few years.

Haven’t had big physical SSDMs much in a decade. Even really good ones like Wylie Sherman and Stanny a Gilbertson weren’t very big but they at least carried 185-195lba on their frame. We’ve been working with a lot of 155-170lbs kids there last 2-3yrs while running and gunning. But we have a new unknown to D1 D coordinator who the underground buzz is that the guy is an absolute hidden gem. If that’s half true then we might surprise some folks.

I’m expecting a 3-5 win season and prepared for worse. The older alums who think the pre 2010 hobart, and particularly the 80s and 90s program, is coming back in any way are freaking out probably but it’s a different world.
I guess I need to rededicate myself as an alum and freak out. Go back to the early alumni years where I thought my opinion not only mattered but should matter........lol. I have no expectations but to hope that when I sit in the stands to see a team compete.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxbuck wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:09 pm Anything close to .500 would be a successful season
I mean it looks like 3-4 to me and I could see a surprise win or two which gets you around 5-8, maybe 6-7. It is what it is. All the A10 schools will go through cycles like PL/CAA where they’ll have a strong 3-5yr run with good health and a meaningful impact FR/transfer or two then need a 1-2yr rebuild. It’s basically how it goes in CFB and Mens D1 basketball for all but 10-15% or programs. (Probably 5-10% in CFB) we had a nice run that was just a little bit of a missed opportunity (no playoffs despite:

2017: 9-7, 5-1 NEC and 1 seed clean reg season winner, blew final
2018: rebuild year at 4-10
2019: 11-5 terrific offense blew NEC final and last reg season game both with massive Q3 leads to RoMo (don’t underestimate McMinn)
2020: 4-1 with a strong showing against Whang might’ve been the next Syracuse team in nearly a decade
2021: 6-3 conf only lost a lot of time to injuries and had issues with ine key offensive player
2022: 7-6, lost to an excellent SJU but blasted Bryant in the playoffs and had a nice win over Lehigh despite being short a number of starters for like half the season.

Over that stretch we’ve had criminally underrated fogos in Pedicine (set the D1 FO game win record), Blanchard (doing just fine at OSU against Big Ten/ACC comp) and now shea.
Frank Brown-NEC POY and HM AA
Chris Aslanian and Ryan Archer are the top two D1 era career pts leaders (not necessarily PPG but you get the point)
Eric Holden (should’ve been AA but lost 2020 then finished an unity riddled fifth year at UMD)
Justin Scott was heading towards 100 goals when 20 was canceled (like 96)
Jason Knox who had plenty of success despite some issues including 36,5 as a FR and the fifth leading scorer on that team (w no playoff games include)
Derrek Madonna had a number of injuries and finished his Bart time at 85,29 on 35% shooting in 29 games
Mott who was more of a feeder and never really a top 3-4 scoring option and yet still produced 55,52 in his career as a 4th-6th scoring option.

That’s a lot over 4-5yrs plus some other contributors on offense. We just had some inconsistent goalie play and the D as well combined w a LOT of injuries.

But I’d expect a rebuild on O especially when Brundage only replaced Poillon,what, 2yrs ago or so. We should be leaning on FO, a stable of LSMs and close D along with a third year starter in goal. What’s maybe more scary is that it’s not clear who the next stars are other than Herlihy if he remains healthy. Holden was criminally underrated as was Aslanian coming out of HS. We also have had recommits late the last few years who were too 1/3 of class recruits in Adam Bland (canadian goalie who went pro), Colin Rovere who flipped to HPU this year and just lost Liam Matthew’s of our 23s to Penn St. knox transferred and I still think stu Geeenspon would’ve done well if he had stayed had a strong career at w&l ultimately.

We will see. Bing scrimmage is a few weeks out. I love the changes to our schedule adding Prov, Dart and Lehigh last year. Health and minimizing mistakes will be more important that ever to the seasons outcome.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:26 am

I guess I need to rededicate myself as an alum and freak out. Go back to the early alumni years where I thought my opinion not only mattered but should matter........lol. I have no expectations but to hope that when I sit in the stands to see a team compete.
It’s a generalization of course but there’s a lot who wanted to go back to D3 and just run it to paraphrase what a number have said to me post 2008. Ironically that same year Max put in a show and we should’ve beat Cuse in the rain. That’s the effort I think we both love and that was a 100yr worst record for Hobart lacrosse. Unlike anything seen in 5 generations.

I agree on competing. 2021 was weird. The worst was coming out of 2008 int rh TW years. Was in Louisville for a blasting in 2010 by Bellarmine where Mad was yelling from goal at the coaches and it was embarrassing. I embrace the fact that we’ve been punching above our weight without scholarships and other constraints I like any other D1 lacrosse program and still able to look like a top 20 team at times. Very few outside of HWS seem to appreciate that but that’s what I love. The same dog fighting for his bone like my little foo foo dog would in Carl Shurtz park in the large dog run when she was a puppy, not taking s**t from anyone.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Older story about a FR Jabril Belle Walker but I absolutely love his mindset I’m holding below. Ride or die. Can’t wait to see him in the field vs Syracuse and Cornell! (Inverted my move from Manhattan to Georgia-
Jealous even though I’m down south for the long haul)

Jabril Belle-Walker Representing Harlem Lacrosse at NTDP Boys' Combine

Wed Aug 18 2021 | Kenny DeJohn | High School
High School Boys

PHOTO BY JOHN STROHSACKER

SPARKS, Md. — Jabril Belle-Walker reps his passions on his chest. Literally.

The rising senior at The Pennington School (N.J.) is a product of Harlem Lacrosse, the non-profit organization that provides opportunities and empowers its students to be successful both on and off the field.

When Belle-Walker wasn’t wearing the red, white and blue at USA Lacrosse headquarters for the National Team Development Program boys’ combine, he was representing his roots with a black hoodie with bold “Harlem Lacrosse” lettering.

“I’m from the Harlem Lacrosse crew,” said Belle-Walker, a Class of 2022 prospect. “I started back in sixth grade when I moved to New York City [from Georgia], and ever since then, it’s always been in my mind.”

With his parents watching from the Tierney Field stands, Belle-Walker took the field this week for the second NTDP combine, the first of which came in 2019. He called the entire process “a blast,” with top-tier coaches like Greg Gurenlian, Chazz Woodson, Jamison Koesterer and others setting the tone for a competitive and educational three-day session.

The combine, which began Tuesday and ends Thursday, provides an opportunity for the top high school players in the country to be evaluated by high level coaches to potentially earn a spot on the Select teams.

Without Harlem Lacrosse, Belle-Walker likely never would have made it to this stage. In Georgia, his only exposure to lacrosse was through his brother, who played in middle school. But his brother wasn’t quite the lacrosse talent as he was, and Harlem Lacrosse helped provide guidance.

“The staff at Harlem Lacrosse is amazing,” he said. “Their whole goal is to help kids follow their passion. If that’s using lacrosse as a vehicle to expand on that passion, it’s just overall an awesome organization.”

Belle-Walker hopes to play high level college lacrosse at an institution that can expand his academic horizons. His aspirations don’t stop there. Most of them center around coaching and giving back to the Harlem Lacrosse community that has had a dramatic impact on his life.

“Harlem Lacrosse has had an influence on what I want to do coming out of my lacrosse experience,” he said. “I definitely want to go to the next level and see if I can actually play in the PLL, but overall, it’s just giving back to the community that’s helped me so much.”

THE OTHER SIDE OF THINGS

Greg Gurenlian’s been there.

Though many will remember Gurenlian for his professional lacrosse exploits and his role on the U.S. men’s national team’s 2018 gold medal, Gurenlian’s been cut from teams he hoped to make.

Now a coach and evaluator at NTDP, Gurenlian hoped participants at the combine would look past his successes to hear more about how he had to pick himself up after failures.

“Being on both sides of it, I can be a confidant for these guys to let them know that I’ve been in their shoes,” he said. “I’ve both not made and made the team in the past, so the sun’s going to come up no matter what. It’s important for me to be able to convey that message to them.”

Players like faceoff athlete Andrew Greenspan, who earned a spot on a U.S. Select team in 2019, are back for another opportunity. Gurenlian credited Greenspan for his composure and said athletes who can handle themselves in a similar way will be best suited for success.

“It’s very easy when you’re out here with other elite-level guys to start to doubt yourself. Maybe you lose a couple faceoffs or make one bad play,” Gurenlian said. “I had that experience with Trevor Baptiste. He helped me in 2018 because I’m so emotional and Trevor’s a more relaxed guy. That presence is very important on the sideline and in the locker room.”

The intense competition resulted in spirited scrimmages Wednesday afternoon as the weather shifted between periods of rain and sun. The weather was an afterthought as athletes zipped up and down the field, hurled their bodies at balls headed out of bounds and showcased the physicality necessary to play for a U.S. team.

Their effort forces difficult decisions to be made.

“On one side, it’s awesome because I’m on this side of it. I’ve been on their side,” Gurenlian said. “I know exactly what they’re going through. But on the other side of it, it’s gut-wrenching because I know how badly they all want to be on the team. Picking the team is really way worse than trying to make a team.”

LOCAL DREAMS

George Guyton grew up 13 minutes from USA Lacrosse headquarters. The rising sophomore at the Gilman School (Md.) is looking to make waves in lacrosse. On Wednesday, he was tearing it up with the other U16 hopefuls.

Guyton didn’t hear about the National Team Development Program until he read about it in USA Lacrosse Magazine. He immediately knew it was worth pursuing.

“Playing for the U.S. always sounded cool,” he said. “Representing the country was something I’ve always wanted to do. I loved watching the U19 guys, and being able to be involved as been awesome.”

It’s been a learning experience, for sure. The lanky LSM who played significant minutes in the MIAA this spring has absorbed everything taught to him by the coaches, including “little things like footwork, when to check and how to communicate.”

His tryout earlier this summer was the first time he ever got to play on Tierney Field after watching several U19 events and practices there as a fan. It’s been a dream experience.

He recalled putting on the blue jersey for the first time and feeling the wave of emotions rush over him. Being able to represent his country while also trying out in front of the players — now coaches — he’s always looked up to was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

“Everyone’s so encouraging,” he said. “This is very high level and high paced. I’ve learned a lot.”

Guyton isn’t sure where lacrosse will take him, but regardless of what happens at the NTDP combine, he’s thankful for the opportunity it’s provided.

“I want to use lacrosse to meet people and do some traveling, for sure,” he said. “I’m just having fun competing right now, but we’ll see where it takes me. I’m loving the doors it’s opening and the people I’m meeting.”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OPRFHS hires new head boys lacrosse coach

OPRFHS hires new head boys lacrosse coach
The District 200 Board of Education has approved the hiring of Justin Porter as head coach of the boys lacrosse team, beginning with the 2023 season. Porter replaces Rocco Chierici, who first took over the program in 2015.

“I’m looking forward to putting OPRFHS boys lacrosse on the map,” Porter said of joining the Huskie family. “We have a lot of raw athletes and now is the time to turn them into lacrosse players.”

Porter brings a wealth of knowledge and experience, as both a player and as a coach, to OPRFHS. At Hobart College, an NCAA Division I school for lacrosse, Porter lettered all four years as a student-athlete and made an appearance in the 2003-2004 NCAA tournament. He is currently a member of the U.S. Virgin Islands men’s national lacrosse team, which will not interfere with his coaching duties at OPRFHS.

Porter’s coaching background includes stints in youth leagues in Manchester, England; assistant varsity and head varsity roles at Glenbard South High School and Evanston Township High School, respectively; and most recently, the assistant coach role at his alma mater Hobart College. Of his coaching philosophy, Porter says he believes tough love is real love.

“I'm a hard coach who expects discipline, effort, and respect,” he said. “It may take some time for the team to adjust to the level of expectations I have for them on the playing field. But we will get it, and we will be good!”

Athletic Director Nicole Ebsen noted it was Porter’s knowledge and experience that made him the top candidate. ”I am looking forward to seeing how Coach Porter can assist in moving our program forward,” she said. “I have no doubt that we will see great things happening for our boys lacrosse program under his leadership.”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Presuming nothing informational out of the scrimmage - closed to publix right?

Still planning on being at the HPU game for any southerners who are close enough to get there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just scores but for a first scrimmage and retooling offense nice start

https://twitter.com/hobartlaxfans?lang=en