Princeton in a blowout
3%
Princeton in a squeaker
13%

Total votes: 78

44WeWantMore

Re: Princeton versus Maryland

Post by 44WeWantMore »

CU77 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:33 pm Yeah, they will probably only beat Cornell by 4 ...
During their run last year, there was a Loyola fan with that shtick.
It worked out pretty well for them, so you have to dial it up a bit.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

Man Princeton was told to go out and be dirty. Look they may not win but if they take out enough guys they will help the ivy league for Cornells sake.
jff97

Post by jff97 »

3 years too late with that call....
jff97

Post by jff97 »

jff97 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:39 pm 3 years too late with that call....
Actually this one was much more obvious.
DMac

Post by DMac »

CU77 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:33 pm Yeah, they will probably only beat Cornell by 4 ...
Maryland didn't look any better to me today than Cornell did.
Sure wasn't thinking it was the greatest team of all time.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Kikin wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:37 pm Man Princeton was told to go out and be dirty. Look they may not win but if they take out enough guys they will help the ivy league for Cornells sake.
breathe. your squad is getting it done.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Nice move to put in New Canaan’s Morris for some PT
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 pm
Kikin wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:37 pm Man Princeton was told to go out and be dirty. Look they may not win but if they take out enough guys they will help the ivy league for Cornells sake.
Agreed.
Both teams played physical ball, neither actually 'dirty', just hard, physically tenacious ball, with a hit each way that landed wrong... but UMD moves the rock so well...that EMO is deadly.
ObxTerpFan

Post by ObxTerpFan »

Maryland got beat up physically and played till 8;30pm.
Cornell has a real shot.
Those ref's should never see another NCAA playoff game again.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:50 pm
Agreed.
Both teams played physical ball, neither actually 'dirty', just hard, physically tenacious ball, with a hit each way that landed wrong... but UMD moves the rock so well...that EMO is deadly.
Yes but the trouble is that the refs didn't call it evenly. 3 minute non-releasable and a real soft diving collision vs. Makar's penalty was stark. Also notice how the faceoffs went when Wierman didn't have the 3x penalty looming over his head.
Princeton played real tough to their credit.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Though never feeling like a threat to win, I thought the Tigers put forth a noteworthy effort today. I thought Terps goalie McAnaney was the biggest factor in the sense of separation between the two teams though Maryland felt like the better team in almost every area from a man to man standpoint. Cornell players will have to play at least as well as they did today to keep Monday's game competitive.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ObxTerpFan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:52 pm Maryland got beat up physically and played till 8;30pm.
Cornell has a real shot.
It was weird that they seemed over involved from the first pre-whistle, giving the ball to UMD w/o a draw, then to PU without a draw, then UMD again w/o a draw...

Bunch of calls seemed missed, others seemed questionable, but I don't think there was any favoritism or imbalance...just a hot mess...
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Agreed.
That was Benson’s forte at Hopkins. He brought it with him. Slick.
“I wish you would!”
ObxTerpFan

Post by ObxTerpFan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:00 pm
ObxTerpFan wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:52 pm Maryland got beat up physically and played till 8;30pm.
Cornell has a real shot.
It was weird that they seemed over involved from the first pre-whistle, giving the ball to UMD w/o a draw, then to PU without a draw, then UMD again w/o a draw...

Bunch of calls seemed missed, others seemed questionable, but I don't think there was any favoritism or imbalance...just a hot mess...
Solid points.
I've seen it while coaching youth, ref's let one team play physical and when the other team plays physical the flags come out.
It's almost as if the ref's decided pre game one team plays a finesse style and the other physical and they hold them to it during the game.
Credit Tillman for staying calm and cool
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:00 pm
Cornell has a real shot.

Favoritism? No. Imbalance? Are you effing kidding? 3 minute non-releasable penalty for a guy dropping into Geppert's body, spanning the half could have changed the game. Then compared to the hit on Makar, that's the ideal picture of imbalance.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Maryland certainly looked the better team but man, if Princeton could have played even a semblance of defense when man down compared to how they did 6v6 this might have been interesting.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Incredibly impressed by Princeton effort and talent. As a Georgetown fan I thought the early season loss to the Tigers was an off day for the Hoyas. Clear to me now that this Princeton team is extremely good and will be a major factor going forward.

Terps banged up and late finish. Would not be surprised if Cornell takes the momentum they have and makes it a 1 goal game either way. Should be a great game Monday.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Very difficult to find any real flaw in Princeton's game plan. They certainly made an honorable effort. The reason why the Terps won was because they were the better team. Great lineup stacked with players on the bench who could be starters on other teams, great coaching. An awesome squad.

Over the years I've always loved the 1990 Cuse team above all. I felt it was the greatest team I ever saw and that there would never be a team with a lineup as strong as theirs. Now I'm wondering - could the Terps be the greatest team of all?

A victory on Monday would likely insure that this is so.

Let's hope it'll be a great match.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Congratulations Princeton Tigers. It was a very good season. Maryland team is a handful. Looking forward to a good game on Monday.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:55 pm
Agreed.
Yes but the trouble is that the refs didn't call it evenly. 3 minute non-releasable and a real soft diving collision vs. Makar's penalty was stark. Also notice how the faceoffs went when Wierman didn't have the 3x penalty looming over his head.
Princeton played real tough to their credit.
the hits were equal, the penalties weren't.
umd's chicken wing after the fact was higher.
some folks on here said he was jawing. shoulda been same penalty and it wasn't and was one call. get over it?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”