***********The MIAA "A" Conference 2023**************

HS Boys Lacrosse
MDlaxfan76

Re: ***********The MIAA "A" Conference 2023**************

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Creasedive wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:38 pm St Mary's has to avoid 2 recent, big problems- A May collapse, and struggling to win games in AA Co.

If the Saints want to win the MIAA they need to figure out how to take care of business in their own back yard.
St Mary's has not beaten Spalding since 2019 and own just one 1-goal win over Severn in the past 3 years.
Can't be an MIAA favorite if you can't win AACo.

The good news for the Saints is that Spalding graduates a lot so they should get over that hump. Severn will be tough, but on paper, St Mary's should be the strongest in AA County this year.
Funny. Hardly a BIG problem. Spalding is like 4-23 against St. Mary’s lifetime. They lost two games to Old Mill annex and now that Daddy Lids has taken his money to Navy, Spalding will be back in the basement where they belong. Severn/St. Mary’s is always a battle. As it should be.
[/quote]

"where they belong"???

ok, ok, rivalry stuff, hyperbole...but IMO, uncalled for.

I'm rooting for all of these MIAA teams to do well OC, and then battle evenly the rest of the way, with close contests.
Of course, I'd like to my favorite regain its regular preeminence, but I'm not rooting for anyone to "be in the basement where they belong". :roll:
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:49 am
Creasedive wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:38 pm St Mary's has to avoid 2 recent, big problems- A May collapse, and struggling to win games in AA Co.

If the Saints want to win the MIAA they need to figure out how to take care of business in their own back yard.
St Mary's has not beaten Spalding since 2019 and own just one 1-goal win over Severn in the past 3 years.

The good news for the Saints is that Spalding graduates a lot so they should get over that hump. Severn will be tough, but on paper, St Mary's should be the strongest in AA County this year.
Funny. Hardly a BIG problem. Spalding is like 4-23 against St. Mary’s lifetime. They lost two games to Old Mill annex and now that Daddy Lids has taken his money to Navy, Spalding will be back in the basement where they belong. Severn/St. Mary’s is always a battle. As it should be.
"where they belong"???

I'm rooting for all of these MIAA teams to do well OC, and then battle evenly the rest of the way, with close contests.
Of course, I'd like to my favorite regain its regular preeminence, but I'm not rooting for anyone to "be in the basement where they belong". :roll:
[/quote]

Seriously - get over youself. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Creasedive wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:33 pm

"where they belong"???

[/quote]

Seriously, be sportsmanlike.
Much better than being a jerk.

I have no dog in the hunt in whatever sophomoric BS you have about Spalding, but it was uncalled for...IMO.

Or did some Spalding guy pee on St. Mary's or Severn and you're responding in kind and I just missed the first punch thrown?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Mount St. Joseph 11-10 winners over The Heights.
Calvert Hall 16-6 winners over Westtown (PA)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

McDonogh Boy's Lacrosse vs. Gonzaga - 6 PM - Live Stream.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
fordmaddoxford

Post by fordmaddoxford »

Haverford 8
Loyola 6
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Georgetown Prep beats Gilman 13-9.
GP led 8-6 at halftime.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

St Mary's 14 - Paul Vi 8. Paul VI led 5-4 at one point. SM lost the F/O dot by a decent margin.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:01 pm

"where they belong"???

I have no dog in the hunt in whatever sophomoric BS you have about Spalding, but it was uncalled for...IMO.

Or did some Spalding guy pee on St. Mary's or Severn and you're responding in kind and I just missed the first punch thrown?
[/quote]

No one cares if you think it was uncalled for - Spalding tried to buy themselves an MIAA Championship and it didn’t work out. Now the lead benefactor has moved on to throwing cash at Navy. Spalding back to zero.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Creasedive wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:50 am

"where they belong"???

No one cares if you think it was uncalled for - Spalding tried to buy themselves an MIAA Championship and it didn’t work out. Now the lead benefactor has moved on to throwing cash at Navy. Spalding back to zero.
[/quote]

"Buy themselves an MIAA Championship"...could you explain how that was done exactly?

Was it materially different than Calvert Hall, Boy's Latin, McDonogh...or for that matter any other well funded MIAA athletics department?
St. Mary's, Severn?

I'd be very interested in actual details, including comparatively, as I'm certainly not a fan of the 'arms race' that occurs over sports. Which schools in the MIAA don't participate in such at all?

BTW, I don't care if you think "no one cares"...I'm expressing my opinion. And you're free to express yours.
Eaglelaxer16

Post by Eaglelaxer16 »

"where they belong"???

[/quote]

I’m not sure I understand the “buying a championship comment” what exactly did they do to “buy a championship”recruit? bring in transfers? Everything that everyone else in the MIAA “A” does?

Are you sure Spalding didn’t eliminate you or your child’s team from the playoffs a few years ago?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Spalding defeats Collegiate (VA) 12-6 today.

McDonogh defeats Durham Academy (NC) 26-4.
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

Eaglelaxer16 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:24 pm

"where they belong"???

I’m not sure I understand the “buying a championship comment” what exactly did they do to “buy a championship”recruit? bring in transfers? Everything that everyone else in the MIAA “A” does?

Are you sure Spalding didn’t eliminate you or your child’s team from the playoffs a few years ago?
[/quote]

You seem to know everything about everything related to lacrosse. Figure it out.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:23 pm Spalding defeats Collegiate (VA) 12-6 today.

McDonogh defeats Durham Academy (NC) 26-4.
McCabe Milon was out against Gonzaga. Did he play against Durham Academy?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

No clue. I’m sure if he played there will be highlights posted immediately.

:lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Creasedive wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:39 am
Eaglelaxer16 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:24 pm

"where they belong"???

You seem to know everything about everything related to lacrosse. Figure it out.
[/quote]

We both asked a serious question, why not answer it?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I find it interesting that so many of the old guard were upset when Spalding started recruiting and investing in lacrosse. Doing the same things many schools in Baltimore have been doing for years.

Somewhat related- a work friend mentioned something the other day and I’ll throw it out here for discussion-

In football, St Francis was asked to leave the miaa A league and become independent because it:

-Recruited kids bigger and older than others.

-Had coaches and program friends bankrolling tuition/perks.

-Had players come from all over the country to play there.

The top teams in the league have done and are doing these things right now.

Why was it against the spirit of the league when St Francis did it, but not when a few lax schools do it?
heels

Post by heels »

This buying kids and importing has been going on for years now. Just new to lacrosse. Follow the $$$. Jc hoops has been buying kids all over the world for over a decade now. They spend up to 45k a player. Difference is you don't see schools like CHC, Loyola, BL, spending/matching what JC spends on hoops. Football had St Francis and now looks like lacrosse could be next.
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:30 pm I find it interesting that so many of the old guard were upset when Spalding started recruiting and investing in lacrosse. Doing the same things many schools in Baltimore have been doing for years.

Somewhat related- a work friend mentioned something the other day and I’ll throw it out here for discussion-

In football, St Francis was asked to leave the miaa A league and become independent because it:

-Recruited kids bigger and older than others.

-Had coaches and program friends bankrolling tuition/perks.

-Had players come from all over the country to play there.

The top teams in the league have done and are doing these things right now.

Why was it against the spirit of the league when St Francis did it, but not when a few lax schools do it?
Because rich white guys didn’t like seeing their kids get crushed by poor black kids.
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

As I recall, the greater concern was that the St. Francis players were significantly bigger and stronger than the rest of the 'A' conference boys - it was a safety issue. Like when you have a 300 lb lineman playing against a 200 lb lineman. St. Francis moving to an independent & national schedule benefitted them and the rest of the conference. The fact that some folks played it as a race issue was unfortunate and misguided IMO. Loyola was the first school in the 'A' conference to pull out of the league back then. Loyola has supported Loyola Academy which is a institution that funds and educates underprivileged black males in Baltimore for years. Many of these young men attend Loyola Blakefield as high school students.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”