Navy 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
old salt

Re: Navy 2023

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:36 am Any update on XA injury yesterday?
Recurring, ankle. It was taped up & he was walking ok on it on the sideline.
KN said he hadn't checked with the doc yet but he hoped it wasn't serious.
X finally broke out & looked like the T.O. QB everyone hoped for.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:40 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:36 am Any update on XA injury yesterday?
Recurring, ankle. It was taped up & he was walking ok on it on the sideline.
KN said he hadn't checked with the doc yet but he hoped it wasn't serious.
X finally broke out & looked like the T.O. QB everyone hoped for.
Thank you. That is what it looked like in replay. I had to leave and missed the remainder of the game. I was shocked to see the final score. What changed to allow Navy to close the gap?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Defense shut out the stinkin’ Irish
in the 2nd half.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:30 am Defense shut out the stinkin’ Irish
in the 2nd half.
Okay....but how did Navy's O perform better with their 1st and 2nd string qb's out?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:36 am
in the 2nd half.
Okay....but how did Navy's O perform better with their 1st and 2nd string qb's out?
#9 filled in real well for Xavier (I believe its #9), he hit a
tremendous slant pass for the last TD and hit a couple other real nice passes, he’s likely been getting a lot of reps - and also, he actually had a couple good reads on option plays.
#45, ND had real trouble tackling that guy, 45 and Xavier had a two big play drive to get Navy close — that drive was triple option
at its best, and Xavier hit also two big 20+ passes, 1 for a TD.
And maybe the best plays of the game, the defense on a tip drill
interception, and also, consecutive sacks on ND QB which also I
believe turned into a score, that defense was hyper keyed up
and playing smart in the 2nd half - unfortunate also that hard play resulted in some injuries.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:36 am
in the 2nd half.
Arline didn't go out until mid Q4. His speed & faking ability made the T.O. work as intended, allowing Navy to dominate possession time in the 2nd half. He passed well in limited attempts, enough to make it a credible threat & back off the defenders.
When Maynor came on, the game situation dictated Navy go to it's passing game anyway & he did so effectively.
Both QBs played their respective roles.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

ND was sacked 5 times in the second half. They didn’t adjust at all w screens, or bubbles. They continued to run it, or get sacked. Credit Navy w a great second half defensively.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Middies !
- 6 straight real solid quarters,
defense has held offenses to 14 points total in
a game and a half.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

GAF Factor Navy Football: undefined

The limit of f(x) as x approaches zero is undefined, since both sides approach different values.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Looks like Xavier Arline is Navy's #1 QB for the foreseeable future. Given his need to develop his passing, I'd expect him to play spring FB in '23.
Hope he can pick up his lax stick in the spring of '24 for his senior season. There's a good chance he'll lead Navy to a win over Army this year & given Navy's AAC sched next year, lead the Mids to a winning FB season in '23.
TheGoat1999

Post by TheGoat1999 »

It was great seeing some of the young MIDS this fall walking around Annapolis. I stopped them a few times to see how things were going. It seems that Coach Amplo has branded a new term – The only different between “you guys” and kids who attend College/University, is that “you guys” wear a Uniform to School Each Day. I would be interested to hear if others have heard of this as well.

Word cannot express my disappointment ! He is clueless and his words are disgraceful.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting. When I read your post about the 'you guys' term, I immediately thought of the comment in context to lacrosse players. I can certainly see where (not all) SA athletes could have a tendency to feel just a bit less equal on the field, for all the reasons that the term 'you guys' strikes a nerve with you. Conversely, being a SA athlete can also weigh (more) heavily on you, b/c you are AT a SA.

If true, both reasons are what I believe would be a way to ease the pressure on those stressed and to build-up those feeling a bit beat down.

My .02 cents.
~Livy

gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:52 pm It was great seeing some of the young MIDS this fall walking around Annapolis. I stopped them a few times to see how things were going. It seems that Coach Amplo has branded a new term – The only different between “you guys” and kids who attend College/University, is that “you guys” wear a Uniform to School Each Day. I would be interested to hear if others have heard of this as well.

Word cannot express my disappointment ! He is clueless and his words are disgraceful.
Even if Amplo starts doing great, and even leads Navy to some of their best seasons ever, will you not be a fan? Who would you rather see as coach?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:21 am Looks like Xavier Arline is Navy's #1 QB for the foreseeable future. Given his need to develop his passing, I'd expect him to play spring FB in '23.
Hope he can pick up his lax stick in the spring of '24 for his senior season. There's a good chance he'll lead Navy to a win over Army this year & given Navy's AAC sched next year, lead the Mids to a winning FB season in '23.
uni watch
army

navy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:21 am Looks like Xavier Arline is Navy's #1 QB for the foreseeable future. Given his need to develop his passing, I'd expect him to play spring FB in '23.
uni watch
army

navy
I’ve chatted with at least 6 MIDS and each are in agreement the NASA theme missed the mark.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:11 am Interesting. When I read your post about the 'you guys' term, I immediately thought of the comment in context to lacrosse players. I can certainly see where (not all) SA athletes could have a tendency to feel just a bit less equal on the field, for all the reasons that the term 'you guys' strikes a nerve with you. Conversely, being a SA athlete can also weigh (more) heavily on you, b/c you are AT a SA.

If true, both reasons are what I believe would be a way to ease the pressure on those stressed and to build-up those feeling a bit beat down.

My .02 cents.
This: https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status ... f7xj50EWiQ
~Livy

The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:11 am Interesting. When I read your post about the 'you guys' term, I immediately thought of the comment in context to lacrosse players. I can certainly see where (not all) SA athletes could have a tendency to feel just a bit less equal on the field, for all the reasons that the term 'you guys' strikes a nerve with you. Conversely, being a SA athlete can also weigh (more) heavily on you, b/c you are AT a SA.

My .02 cents.
Yes, without more context it's hard to say for certain, but I certainly thought this could be in the line of "don't psych yourselves out, you're as good as these ACC/Ivy/Big 10 guys even if your non-lacrosse day-to-day experience doesn't look like life at the ol' U." My impression has always been that Amplo is a fairly positive guy so I don't jump to the conclusion that he'd be saying this dismissively (i.e. in the "stop making excuses for yourselves on the grounds that the service academy experience is arduous"). Among other things, it's clearly the case that the service academy experience is more arduous in the sense of so many mandatory time commitments in and out of season that students at even the most academically rigorous colleges don't face. So it doesn't sound likely to me that this was said in any sort of critical/condescending way. But I have no program-specific knowledge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The Orfling wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:54 pm

My .02 cents.
Yes, without more context it's hard to say for certain, but I certainly thought this could be in the line of "don't psych yourselves out, you're as good as these ACC/Ivy/Big 10 guys even if your non-lacrosse day-to-day experience doesn't look like life at the ol' U." My impression has always been that Amplo is a fairly positive guy so I don't jump to the conclusion that he'd be saying this dismissively (i.e. in the "stop making excuses for yourselves on the grounds that the service academy experience is arduous"). Among other things, it's clearly the case that the service academy experience is more arduous in the sense of so many mandatory time commitments in and out of season that students at even the most academically rigorous colleges don't face. So it doesn't sound likely to me that this was said in any sort of critical/condescending way. But I have no program-specific knowledge.
Based on what I've heard Coach Amplo say, & read in his emails, he & his staff are investing significant time & effort in seeing things from the perspective of their Midshipmen.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

TheGoat1999 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:52 pm It was great seeing some of the young MIDS this fall walking around Annapolis. I stopped them a few times to see how things were going. It seems that Coach Amplo has branded a new term – The only different between “you guys” and kids who attend College/University, is that “you guys” wear a Uniform to School Each Day. I would be interested to hear if others have heard of this as well.

To be honest, the only time I thought I was on a level playing field with non-SA people was when I was competing athletically. But times change.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Go Navy
Beat Army !

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”