Brown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
BrownDad

Re: Brown 2023

Post by BrownDad »

I believe they're back for the 'Nova game.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Counselor wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:49 pm Brown’s snake -bit season continues with Harvard scoring with a few seconds left in regular time to tie it and then in OT on a dribbler past Thereault ….Brown down to its 3rd string with Kelly somehow injured pre-game…Wertheim injured in-game and FO Gunty playing on one leg miraculously …T needed 17 saves; had 16…Brown almost stole this game….but with the 5 or 6 senior starters still serving 4 game suspensions for staging one too many house parties and the late injuries it was too much to overcome Harvard’s starters ….Coach Byrne extolled Brown’s effort noting so many out and lamented his team’s need for much improvement…Brown needed this one as its 1st string comes back in time for the rest of Ivy play in April - needed to be 1-0 not 0-1…the suspended seniors ( and a Dean’s Office with two too many game suspensions) share the responsibility for the loss…Aiden McLane and Corsi were outstanding…
Byrne's a straight shooter...apparently that was him "restrained"... :o

McLane is the serious real deal. Yikes! Corsi as well.

Harvard's goaltending is their main weakness...
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

I have been incredibly impressed by the heart of this Brown team. It would have been so easy to fold against Harvard when the Bears were down three at halftime, with the depleted roster and coming after a tough loss against UNC. Glad the players will back for the rest of the Ivy schedule and looking forward to seeing how Coach Daly (who seems to push all the right buttons every year) gets the team back in sync for the rest of the Ivy schedule.

I think Gunty at FOGO will do well against most of the league (although Cornell's three-headed monster at face-off might be tough) and Theriault can get hot at any time. Having Aidan McClane and Corsi "come into their own" during this stretch should pay dividends as well.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

The last suspension game should be versus UMass this Saturday.
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

DALaxDad wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:26 pm The last suspension game should be versus UMass this Saturday.
Nothin easy in 2023 for Bruno: @ Minutemen Saturday then "Nova Monday, do the returning Seniors hop right back in w/o a full speed practice first?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:13 am
Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:46 am Are the suspended players coming back this week? Or next?
I’d like to know as well though NJ has more at stake…
Hahah yes. I think they come back next week but I honestly don’t know
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

RopeUnit wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:23 pm
DALaxDad wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:26 pm The last suspension game should be versus UMass this Saturday.
Nothin easy in 2023 for Bruno: @ Minutemen Saturday then "Nova Monday, do the returning Seniors hop right back in w/o a full speed practice first?
Was the suspension just for games or was it for practice too? Have they been able to practice with the team? Some important questions that we need answers to.
PALax11

Post by PALax11 »

Is Jack Kelly injured? No stats last game after starting most.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:18 pm
RopeUnit wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:23 pm
Was the suspension just for games or was it for practice too? Have they been able to practice with the team? Some important questions that we need answers to.
campus activities, so i'd assume no practice. i do believe it's up on the day of the game, however. practice available from the next day on.
middleAgedBear

Post by middleAgedBear »

PALax11 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:23 pm Is Jack Kelly injured? No stats last game after starting most.
Apparently, yes. Was in sweats, limping around a bit on sideline.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Have to say I'm really optimistic (don't worry, it'll pass...) about how the team has responded, UNC excepted.
Looking ahead to the full roster:
What is Kelly's condition?
How long will it take the returning miscreants to get back to game speed?
What will their attitudes be? "I'm here to make up for messing up?" or "I was wronged so "nothing matters and what if it did"?"
Meanwhile, think they can take UMass this weekend, even up there.
Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Brown has always had tough, smart, intense athletes. I'll put $1,000 on "I'm here to make up for messing up?"
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Brown has allowed the seniors to practice …..are prepared to play at Villanova ….Kelly sustained a “lower body injury” (as they say) in a practice session …status is week to week ….no word on the beat-up FO Gunty……hope is to go 4-2 in the League to make the Ivy Tourney…lot of freshmen playing defense ….but they’re supposed to be close enough to being sophs…..18 secs from a win last Sat……@Umass more than solid Sat. ….then 48 hours later an even more solid @Villanova ….then spring break week to prep for @Princeton…McLane bros. reunite as of Monday…Yeboah-Koady resumes his athleticism ….and a handful of role-playing experienced vets get back on the field ..second season needs to repeat last season’s stretch success leading to the Ivy Title…Daley will be motivating what will be a complete roster as of 3/27…..
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Counselor wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 pm Brown has allowed the seniors to practice …..are prepared to play at Villanova ….Kelly sustained a “lower body injury” (as they say) in a practice session …status is week to week ….no word on the beat-up FO Gunty……hope is to go 4-2 in the League to make the Ivy Tourney…lot of freshmen playing defense ….but they’re supposed to be close enough to being sophs…..18 secs from a win last Sat……@Umass more than solid Sat. ….then 48 hours later an even more solid @Villanova ….then spring break week to prep for @Princeton…McLane bros. reunite as of Monday…Yeboah-Koady resumes his athleticism ….and a handful of role-playing experienced vets get back on the field ..second season needs to repeat last season’s stretch success leading to the Ivy Title…Daley will be motivating what will be a complete roster as of 3/27…..
Griffin King?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

King ? - back Monday unless my plea for an earlier release from sentence is granted as of Saturday….time served release sought…excellent conduct during penalty time…served 75% of the disposition….etc.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Counselor wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:47 pm King ? - back Monday unless my plea for an earlier release from sentence is granted as of Saturday….time served release sought…excellent conduct during penalty time…served 75% of the disposition….etc.
Free King!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

King needs to write a Letter From A Providence Jail.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:37 am King needs to write a Letter From A Providence Jail.
😂😂😂
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Can Opener wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:37 am King needs to write a Letter From A Providence Jail.
😂😂😂
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

With #1 f/o out, going to have to sell out on rides & doubles to get possessions. Backups ineffective so far. McLane will need an i.v. after the game. Some others have to show they can beat their man.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”