D1 Mens Lacrosse
masondixonlax

Re: 2022 D1 Selection Committe

Post by masondixonlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:58 pm
calourie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:46 pm
Homer wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:35 pm
oh, and also....Boston U just lost ....LOST....in the Patriot league championship. BU has a top 10 rpi......so, n$aa's inviting BOTH Army and Boston U?
This is like performance art or something.
Alternative universe stuff. Alternative "facts" don't do it justice.
ahuh......

reality sayz Army lost....yet STILL have a pretty good rpi.

They getting in....... Army , with that good record, over Notre Dame?

Don't see many Patriot or CAA opponents on the 'irish' schedule.......so THEY must be the best, too :roll:

good thing the Terps "survived" the BiG gautlet. Yale lost to Nitme Lions.....scary good, they are ;)

let's do math.............. :lol: :lol: in the real world, winning doesn't matter. Glad the NHL does it's playoffs by rpi.....go brewins

Crackhead
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:45 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:29 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:19 pm Can't see the Committee leaving off the #7 RPI....using a system that is ENTIRELY built on RPI. In other words, QW metric is based on RPI rankings. And the SOS metric is based on RPI metrics.
Agreed. I think Duke is not only in but gets a seed. My bet is that the top-8 RPI are the seeds, with some minor shuffling just to prove the committee is actually doing something.
While Duke may get in, I highly doubt they get a seed. My prediction for seeds:
1) Terps
2) Hoyas
3) Penn
4) Princeton
5) Rutgers
6) Yale
7) UVa
8) Cornell

The committee will switch UVa with Cornell to prevent them from meeting the Terps before the finals.
Princeton can't even make their own tournament...........and my point about Patriot league being a one team league...sad. Army beat Cornell.......lost the championship game in arguably the best league going...........BUT Princeton gets a home game....and Army get's nothing.

carry on.

I may be an idiot............i am NOT the one inviting the Ivy' leagues 5th ranked team into a 16 team tournament.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
AOD

Post by AOD »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:35 pm

we're sorry......Maryland has beaten how many teams playing (possibly) next weekend ? Not smelling much taste, in the Terps OCC bland schedule.

Beat UAlbany.....a team trounced by AE winner Vermont. neato. Throw in a sprigg of Patriot league expired Loyola and a pinch of Princeton pepper....and BLAND.....all you got for out of conference flavoring ? CAA ? NEC ? Albert Stryrons Store? WHo won the Big East match up, Gtown or Maryland.

rpi is pathetic....especially with the bland seasoning and lack of playing , or NOT playing.....half of Div. 1 leagues....at all.

Patriot League championship game a great watch. Wonder how Hopkins would do against BU :lol:
Love the Ocracoke reference.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

masondixonlax wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:04 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:58 pm
calourie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:46 pm
Homer wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:44 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:35 pm
oh, and also....Boston U just lost ....LOST....in the Patriot league championship. BU has a top 10 rpi......so, n$aa's inviting BOTH Army and Boston U?
This is like performance art or something.
Alternative universe stuff. Alternative "facts" don't do it justice.
ahuh......

reality sayz Army lost....yet STILL have a pretty good rpi.

They getting in....... Army , with that good record, over Notre Dame?

Don't see many Patriot or CAA opponents on the 'irish' schedule.......so THEY must be the best, too :roll:

good thing the Terps "survived" the BiG gautlet. Yale lost to Nitme Lions.....scary good, they are ;)

let's do math.............. :lol: :lol: in the real world, winning doesn't matter. Glad the NHL does it's playoffs by rpi.....go brewins

Crackhead
Army IS getting a N$AA bid, than ?

Army DID lose, 4 times, this season. Just NOT to Cornell, which, apparently, IS a better team than Army, according to the sane and drug free.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:04 pm
MoralTerpitude wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:45 pm
CU77 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:29 pm
a fan wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:19 pm Can't see the Committee leaving off the #7 RPI....using a system that is ENTIRELY built on RPI. In other words, QW metric is based on RPI rankings. And the SOS metric is based on RPI metrics.
Agreed. I think Duke is not only in but gets a seed. My bet is that the top-8 RPI are the seeds, with some minor shuffling just to prove the committee is actually doing something.
While Duke may get in, I highly doubt they get a seed. My prediction for seeds:
1) Terps
2) Hoyas
3) Penn
4) Princeton
5) Rutgers
6) Yale
7) UVa
8) Cornell

The committee will switch UVa with Cornell to prevent them from meeting the Terps before the finals.
Princeton can't even make their own tournament...........and my point about Patriot league being a one team league...sad. Army beat Cornell.......lost the championship game in arguably the best league going...........BUT Princeton gets a home game....and Army get's nothing.

carry on.

I may be an idiot............i am NOT the one inviting the Ivy' leagues 5th ranked team into a 16 team tournament.

Army deserves a bid
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

AOD wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:08 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:35 pm

we're sorry......Maryland has beaten how many teams playing (possibly) next weekend ? Not smelling much taste, in the Terps OCC bland schedule.

Beat UAlbany.....a team trounced by AE winner Vermont. neato. Throw in a sprigg of Patriot league expired Loyola and a pinch of Princeton pepper....and BLAND.....all you got for out of conference flavoring ? CAA ? NEC ? Albert Stryrons Store? WHo won the Big East match up, Gtown or Maryland.

rpi is pathetic....especially with the bland seasoning and lack of playing , or NOT playing.....half of Div. 1 leagues....at all.

Patriot League championship game a great watch. Wonder how Hopkins would do against BU :lol:
Love the Ocracoke reference.
Guess they don’t treat the “come-here’s” too well…

“Avoid this tourist trap!
Review of Styron's General Store
Reviewed 8 August 2013
My family stopped by this store while visiting Ocracoke, and all I have to say is stay away. The owner and employee were so rude, they almost made my son cry. We have never been treated so badly by someone in any kind of store before. I could not believe the way they talked to us. It almost ruined our day in Ocracoke. Don't let it ruin yours.”

If you’ve got the toime, don’t spend doime…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
RopeUnit

Post by RopeUnit »

This guy isn’t going to believe who 3 of BU’s 4 losses came against
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Army not only beat Cornell, they wrecked them in every aspect of game and on CU's home field late in season.

Army > Cornell
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Cornell > Lehigh > Army
tech37

Post by tech37 »

CU77 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:02 pm Cornell > Lehigh > Army
You're too math-centric CU77. Head-to-head is truth.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:34 pm The criticism of LAF her seems bizarre down to transposing logos so I’m all for defending his efforts. Like complaining about lacrossereferences analysis as if these guys are either idiots or biased when they’re both working hard in an agnostic, quantitative information in order to provide a bette experience for others.

“Yo my free steak wasn’t good I want another!”

“But you finished it”

“Yeah but it wasn’t perfect”
I wasn’t criticizing LAF about the LOGOs. I had just noticed it. I have always appreciated the effort. My guess on the LOGOs is that it’s related to all schools starting with B. Just pointing it out and hope it didn’t come across like his work is questionable.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:22 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:34 pm The criticism of LAF her seems bizarre down to transposing logos so I’m all for defending his efforts. Like complaining about lacrossereferences analysis as if these guys are either idiots or biased when they’re both working hard in an agnostic, quantitative information in order to provide a bette experience for others.

“But you finished it”

I wasn’t criticizing LAF about the LOGOs. I had just noticed it. I have always appreciated the effort. My guess on the LOGOs is that it’s related to all schools starting with B. Just pointing it out and hope it didn’t come across like his work is questionable.
It was somebody else before you I was thinking of. There was 3-4 people wailing the Ivies are going to get screwed and seemed to want to take it out on LAF. You were the second or third to bring it up but I had already pointed it out I think. Saw your note after my post anyways.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What do they say on YouTube?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I love this weekend!

AQ's are great!

Good luck to all teams selected!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

tech37 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:14 pm
You're too math-centric CU77. Head-to-head is truth.
Great, let's give Lehigh an at-large instead of Army.
joewillie78

Post by joewillie78 »

tech37 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:48 pm Army not only beat Cornell, they wrecked them in every aspect of game and on CU's home field late in season.

Army > Cornell
Yup, and in 2019, Cornell did EXACTLY THAT to Notre Dame, and we're left out.
GOBIGRED
Joewillie78
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 4:22 pm

“But you finished it”

It was somebody else before you I was thinking of. There was 3-4 people wailing the Ivies are going to get screwed and seemed to want to take it out on LAF. You were the second or third to bring it up but I had already pointed it out I think. Saw your note after my post anyways.
I believe Ivy will get 4. Brown may be the first out. I don’t expect 5 but I am prepared to be surprised.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Terry Foy has five IL teams hosting first round games.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tive/59580
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Terry Foy's final bracketology not only has 5 Ivies in, it has five Ivies seeded:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tive/59580
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

And don't forget Cornell > Lehigh > Navy > Army.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”