Coaching Carousel

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Old&InTheWay

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Well, I guess that answers my question on how the Administration feels about the program.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Warrior62 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:14 am Bridgeport should have hired someone before summer recruiting started instead of waiting to post in September. Will be very difficult at this point to find seniors still available
Bridgeport has its coach. It is apparently is a better situation than PBA
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Bridgeport made their hire . Could be a good pick for them . Should be announced soon
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

The first school to announce an opening this past summer is the last school to fill their position.. Malone finally has their man.

https://malonepioneers.com/news/2021/10 ... ogram.aspx
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

The first school to announce an opening this past summer is the last school to fill their position.. Malone finally has their man.

https://malonepioneers.com/news/2021/10 ... ogram.aspx
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

PBA could have done a search and get some quality candidates instead went the asst interim route. Says a lot about where program is w athletic department. AD big reason coach left is word on street
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Warrior62 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:59 am Bridgeport made their hire . Could be a good pick for them . Should be announced soon

https://www.ubknights.com/general/2021- ... 1101m4tnyj
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Does anyone get the feeling that this program might be in serious trouble? If the SSC loses PBA who would they replace them with if anyone?
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

Why the concern here about PBA being in trouble?
I get hiring an interim at this point as the season isn't that far off.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

DQKing wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:06 pm Why the concern here about PBA being in trouble?
Even if you are doing a search for a permanent coach, you might want an interim at this time to make sure the team members can have a successful fall offseason.

But this late in the game it would be really hard to get someone unless you restrict yourself to assistant coaches, or those currently without a job at this point. It makes more sense to me to live with the interim, then do the real search in the spring.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Those are good points. Recruits might think otherwise but time will tell.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

DQKing wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:06 pm Why the concern here about PBA being in trouble?
PBA is a different type of school compared to the other Sunshine schools. They are a very conservative Christian school along the lines of North Greenville and Roberts Wesleyan.

Hiring the assistant who already has strong ties to the program and is a PBA alum may have been the best route taken by the school.

There is already a lot of familiarity between him and the school already and there won't be a long transition. He knows the type of kids that will be attracted by the values of the school.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

That thought process makes sense, but can he build a competitive program and be successful at PBA. Hopefully, he is able to hire an AC with some experience to help in the tough SSC.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

D2fan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:07 pm
PBA is a different type of school compared to the other Sunshine schools. They are a very conservative Christian school along the lines of North Greenville and Roberts Wesleyan.

Hiring the assistant who already has strong ties to the program and is a PBA alum may have been the best route taken by the school.

There is already a lot of familiarity between him and the school already and there won't be a long transition. He knows the type of kids that will be attracted by the values of the school.
I also think this time of year is always difficult. You open it up nationally and have to go through the process of posting/interviewing and by the time it wraps up it's around Christmas time. New coach has to relocate and will be getting down there right as the season starts with no familiarity to anything. With the uncertainty some kids may choose to leave and you have now missed a huge portion of the recruiting calendar.

At least this move was swift and firm to help get through the year. I feel like if they get through and things don't go great they can open it in April/May and get a head start on the coaching search with what I would assume would be a lot more qualified candidates at that point of the year.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Mentioned in another thread - but FIT is looking for a new HC
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:26 am Mentioned in another thread - but FIT is looking for a new HC
Interesting, reading the other thread seems like a tough situation. Also notice the AD took credit for starting the Lacrosse program at davis and elkins well that program has always been a mess and heard it was lack of support so wonder if he is heading in that direction again.
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Any update on FIT? Its almost January. Heard it was filled right away then heard still in search. Everyday counts
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

I would agree with the previous thread. Everyday count! A lot of concerned players and parents wondering whats going on. I would also expect some players to enter the transfer portal if they haven't already.
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Heard FIT had some quality candidates apply but seem to be going in a different direction and have been doing phone interviews already.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

What is going on with FIT? It's Jan.3 and they don't have someone in place. Any thoughts or ideas to what they are thinking at this point?

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”