Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Badass

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:31 am Putting aside the nifty hype video, in watching these three kid plays, I would have put Agostino as the best of the three, followed by Davis and then MH. No offense to MH or MD. I thought Davis looked rally good in the games against the national teams. My impression of Hasselbeck was "good size, handles -- carries and passes -- the ball better than her sister as a freshman." In any event, it does appear that AWW has a very able freshman class.
What are your thoughts on the three, sea? How much playing time do you think they’ll get? How much of a contribution will they make? Do you foresee any starters in this group?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: 2022 schedule is out!

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:22 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:44 am
Brown, Yale, Harvard and Dartmouth. I guess we will have some data on the question of how good the Ivy League is in relation to the ACC.
I see three potential tight games in this schedule (1 per month). 13-3 at worst 16-0 at best. My guess 15-1.
I don't know why, but I would veer closer to 13-3. Though I wouldn't be shocked at 16-0. 15-1 is a good guess. Who's the one loss? I would guess Carolina if the question was posed to me. I'm still not sure what we're going to see with Syracuse. Maybe they'll just pick up where they left off and keep rolling to another final. Maybe there are some adjustment ups and downs. In any event, this is a stellar chance for them to get back to and win the final with Hawryschuk and Swart playing their last season. Very strong team. We'll see if all the elements come together in a few months. '22 might end up being the year they finally break through.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:07 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:31 am Putting aside the nifty hype video, in watching these three kid plays, I would have put Agostino as the best of the three, followed by Davis and then MH. No offense to MH or MD. I thought Davis looked rally good in the games against the national teams. My impression of Hasselbeck was "good size, handles -- carries and passes -- the ball better than her sister as a freshman." In any event, it does appear that AWW has a very able freshman class.
What are your thoughts on the three, sea? How much playing time do you think they’ll get? How much of a contribution will they make? Do you foresee any starters in this group?
No idea. Your returning starters on attack are North, Mossman, Weeks, Weeks, Smith, and Medjid. The other person in this rotation has to fit with the skills and offense. My guess is that Agostino makes some inroads on the Weeks's time on the field, and Davis gives them another lefty (re Mossman) in the lineup to feed the lanes. BC has a lot of good athletic midfielders -- Hasselbeck No. 4, Reynolds and Day in addition to Smith, Weeks, Weeks and Agostino. I am just not sure where Hasselbeck No. 2 fits in the current offense. But I'm not seeing her play, and not seeing her skillset every day.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:27 pm
No idea. Your returning starters on attack are North, Mossman, Weeks, Weeks, Smith, and Medjid. The other person in this rotation has to fit with the skills and offense. My guess is that Agostino makes some inroads on the Weeks's time on the field, and Davis gives them another lefty (re Mossman) in the lineup to feed the lanes. BC has a lot of good athletic midfielders -- Hasselbeck No. 4, Reynolds and Day in addition to Smith, Weeks, Weeks and Agostino. I am just not sure where Hasselbeck No. 2 fits in the current offense. But I'm not seeing her play, and not seeing her skillset every day.
Weeks tore ACL and had surgery - shes out
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:33 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:27 pm
Weeks tore ACL and had surgery - shes out
Knew she was hurt; didn't know that. Sorry for the kid. So...who? A. Hasselbeck? And?
Lax101

Re: Boston College

Post by Lax101 »

Returning attackers are Medjid, North, Mossman. They lose X player and feeder Urbank - big loss. Likely starting 4th attacker is Kayla Martello sophomore who will be very good. MH will also play that 4th position as well. Returning middies are Smith and Cass Weeks. Third starting middle will likely be a string middie with new Temple girl who is great and freshman Davis who played great this fall. Second line middies will be Walsh, Reynolds's maybe Annabelle Hasselbeck. Defense is legit with Schleicher, Roman, Temple girl, returning grad student and Scales.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Lax101 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:10 pm Returning attackers are Medjid, North, Mossman. They lose X player and feeder Urbank - big loss. Likely starting 4th attacker is Kayla Martello sophomore who will be very good. MH will also play that 4th position as well. Returning middies are Smith and Cass Weeks. Third starting middle will likely be a string middie with new Temple girl who is great and freshman Davis who played great this fall. Second line middies will be Walsh, Reynolds's maybe Annabelle Hasselbeck. Defense is legit with Schleicher, Roman, Temple girl, returning grad student and Scales.
Thanks. Good info. JFTR, I say attackers to mean the seven person unit, irrespective of whether they are attackers or midfielders. And agreed, the defense is very good, experienced and only augmented by the transfer kid. They should be a tough out.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Cute post

“When it’s finals szn but all you want it to be is lax szn…”

(From BC’s social media department 😉)

That’s no less a personage than Mallory Hasselbeck.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

user1020

Post by user1020 »

How many of Smiths goals were assisted by Mossman?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:53 pm Gosh, there's another Hasselbeck:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insi ... hasselbeck
That was my reaction when i found out there was another Humphrey sister (who is a force). Grace might end up being the best of the Hassebecks if the trend of youngest being the best athletes continues, although right now Mallorie has that spot. If i'm BC i'm trying hard to lock that pipeline so she doesn't end up as the only to defect to another program.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Humphrey's are all sisters whereas Grace is a cousin. Perhaps more similar to Smith and Schleicher who are cousins. Would be very surprised if Grace does not commit in the future to BC especially if BC continues to consistently be a Final 4 team.
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

While Grace's parents attended BC and were athletes, she grew up in a different part of the country - Tennessee. Maybe she stays south and chooses her own path, Clemson would be fun !
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
lax410

Post by lax410 »

tothedraw wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:25 pm While Grace's parents attended BC and were athletes, she grew up in a different part of the country - Tennessee. Maybe she stays south and chooses her own path, Clemson would be fun !
Maybe. Grace does play for the same club as the cousins.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:22 pm Lacrosse is coming... https://twitter.com/unleashedwlax/statu ... 8259511298
Great clip! Deehan had no stinky idea where that shot was going.
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:39 pm How many of Smiths goals were assisted by Mossman?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Top o the heap for these two, which includes when the Terps played in the ACC.

hmmm

Post by hmmm »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:28 pm Top o the heap for these two, which includes when the Terps played in the ACC.

Yeah but all the terps only had 4 years to play......Lot of records going down with the extra year of eligibility.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”