Post by kramerica.inc »

Patrick Yowan G 2025

Lots of No-No's.

Welcome to Evergreen!
kramerica.inc

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by kramerica.inc »

Diego Roman LSM 2025

Will fit in the Loyola LSM room very well.

laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

So it looks like the season will be a go:
https://fanlax.com/2020/12/22/patriot-league-2021/

Out of Conference games? Why not Towson, Hopkins and Maryland. Easy for travel, no overnights, a win win for all schools.

Also heard that Pridmore is no longer playing lacrosse and has left the school. He had potential, just had to recover from the knee injury.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

You could also throw in Georgetown, previously on the schedule. And UVA could take that bus ride up and bus back. I hope the Coaches can work something out with OOC teams. If that works out you could see games in mid to late Feb. What I don't know is whether or not fans will be able to attend. I have my doubts but that will be left up to the State of Maryland. Sorry to hear that about Pridemore. Wish him well. I am confident with Joey Kamish at Attack so no worries there.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

NovaHound wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:52 am You could also throw in Georgetown, previously on the schedule. And UVA could take that bus ride up and bus back. I hope the Coaches can work something out with OOC teams. If that works out you could see games in mid to late Feb. What I don't know is whether or not fans will be able to attend. I have my doubts but that will be left up to the State of Maryland. Sorry to hear that about Pridemore. Wish him well. I am confident with Joey Kamish at Attack so no worries there.
I would think you will see the following non conference games

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

That's 4 OOC games I would think will almost be a lock...

They are trying to stay very close to home...so I could see anything within say a 2-3 hour bus ride as being a possibility for the non conference at this point...light travel means less expense...I think it more about expense then it is about health...

Then play the partial or lighter Patriot schedule (6-7 games) plus the tourney

Just gotta hope we get the protocols set and we have good luck in testing...

Lastly I had not heard about Pridemore...with that said, Kamish should be fine and frankly a huge contributor as a primary ball carrier and dodger...then hopefully a 4th attackman will emerge as insurance (maybe a freshman...but keep in mind they had zero fall ball...I don't expect any freshman to contribute...at least early)...

There will be speed bumps...but just seeing plans starting to shape up...very excited to see this team
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:41 am
NovaHound wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:52 am You could also throw in Georgetown, previously on the schedule. And UVA could take that bus ride up and bus back. I hope the Coaches can work something out with OOC teams. If that works out you could see games in mid to late Feb. What I don't know is whether or not fans will be able to attend. I have my doubts but that will be left up to the State of Maryland. Sorry to hear that about Pridemore. Wish him well. I am confident with Joey Kamish at Attack so no worries there.

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

They are trying to stay very close to home...so I could see anything within say a 2-3 hour bus ride as being a possibility for the non conference at this point...light travel means less expense...I think it more about expense then it is about health...

Lastly I had not heard about Pridemore...with that said, Kamish should be fine and frankly a huge contributor as a primary ball carrier and dodger...then hopefully a 4th attackman will emerge as insurance (maybe a freshman...but keep in mind they had zero fall ball...I don't expect any freshman to contribute...at least early)...

There will be speed bumps...but just seeing plans starting to shape up...very excited to see this team
Spoke with a Loyola dad and he son said, scrimmage vs Richmond Feb 6 and open UVA Feb 13. No Fans
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

laxbro11 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:18 am

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

Spoke with a Loyola dad and he son said, scrimmage vs Richmond Feb 6 and open UVA Feb 13. No Fans
Any other games? What about hopkins? Towson?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:02 pm

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

Correct on the Richmond and UVA info...I'd be stunned if parents/family are not allowed to attend an outside game...

More info will trickle out on schedule soon IMO...players will be back on 1/11

See what happens with the other games...nothing is a lock...expect a few speed bumps, and Loyola didn't practice as a team in the fall...so expect a rusty start....many schools had pretty normal falls depending on the administrations support

Big Ten schools will not play teams if they do not follow strict testing practices...hence I don't expect to see the Rutgers game. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't play Hop...but who knows

The next 3 weeks will be interesting...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:05 am

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

Correct on the Richmond and UVA info...I'd be stunned if parents/family are not allowed to attend an outside game...

See what happens with the other games...nothing is a lock...expect a few speed bumps, and Loyola didn't practice as a team in the fall...so expect a rusty start....many schools had pretty normal falls depending on the administrations support

Big Ten schools will not play teams if they do not follow strict testing practices...hence I don't expect to see the Rutgers game. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't play Hop...but who knows

Are you saying that Loyola is not going to be following strict testing practices? Why not?
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Happy New Year to All :D

Interesting. What are the Strict Testing Protocols other leagues are following for Winter and Spring sports?
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:19 am

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

Are you saying that Loyola is not going to be following strict testing practices? Why not?
Actually that's not what I'm saying...my opinion is the big ten is actually overreacting....from a testing and policy perspective

Big Ten is testing athletes daily...from what I have heard, they are looking to play teams that follow the same practice...so there is some uncertainty around who the Big Ten will play outside of conference...

I'm sure Loyola (and other teams) will do more than enough testing...but the big ten may choose to say they won't play them...I'm not sure what that process will be...this is all hearsay

I think the big tens policy is frankly over the top...these are 18-22 healthy athletes...they will be fine...they have the most strict quarantine/isolation policies for these kids...I think it's way to much...but when school administrators, legal and liability teams start to get involved...it gets overplayed....but hey, that's where we are at here as we crawl into 2021...

Bottom line is this year will look very different...I'm guessing teams will be lucky to get 10 games (reg season) played due to very tough covid policies (for 18-22 year olds)....but hey...some lacrosse is better than no lacrosse...

I feel bad for the athletes...they are being held to over the top protocols, heavy scrutiny, and they are by far the least impacted demographic by covid...but this will not be a fun semester for lacrosse athletes...a kid could do all the right things, pull a positive test, and miss multiple weeks....and that kid will be just fine...tests are not always accurate as we know...so you are gonna see each team lose key guys for chunks of the shorter season...and the kids didn't do anything wrong...

Like I said...some lacrosse will be better than no lacrosse...but this year is gonna be messy...it doesn't have to be...but administrators and policy makers will make it messy...and all the scrutiny will fall on the shoulders of the 18-22 year olds...

See what happens...next 2-3 weeks will give us more news on schedules....
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:16 am

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

Actually that's not what I'm saying...my opinion is the big ten is actually overreacting....from a testing and policy perspective

Big Ten is testing athletes daily...from what I have heard, they are looking to play teams that follow the same practice...so there is some uncertainty around who the Big Ten will play outside of conference...

I'm sure Loyola (and other teams) will do more than enough testing...but the big ten may choose to say they won't play them...I'm not sure what that process will be...this is all hearsay

I think the big tens policy is frankly over the top...these are 18-22 healthy athletes...they will be fine...they have the most strict quarantine/isolation policies for these kids...I think it's way to much...but when school administrators, legal and liability teams start to get involved...it gets overplayed....but hey, that's where we are at here as we crawl into 2021...

Bottom line is this year will look very different...I'm guessing teams will be lucky to get 10 games (reg season) played due to very tough covid policies (for 18-22 year olds)....but hey...some lacrosse is better than no lacrosse...

I feel bad for the athletes...they are being held to over the top protocols, heavy scrutiny, and they are by far the least impacted demographic by covid...but this will not be a fun semester for lacrosse athletes...a kid could do all the right things, pull a positive test, and miss multiple weeks....and that kid will be just fine...tests are not always accurate as we know...so you are gonna see each team lose key guys for chunks of the shorter season...and the kids didn't do anything wrong...

Like I said...some lacrosse will be better than no lacrosse...but this year is gonna be messy...it doesn't have to be...but administrators and policy makers will make it messy...and all the scrutiny will fall on the shoulders of the 18-22 year olds...

You would think that at least they would allow 2 tickets per player... 120 in the stands. At Ridely can easily socially distance and have no issues. I agree it is an outdoor venue. There should be no issues. But if that is the price to pay for Lacrosse, than so be it.

I worry on which way the Ivies go, could sway the Patriot League
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Especially since PL basketball is postponed for two weeks because a player for loyola tested positive. This speed bump could deter lacrosse schedules and games from playing out for a time being
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Lets say OOC games are scheduled.

I believe it can be

UVA
hop
Towson (both due to close proximity)
Replace Georgetown with MD since I don’t know if Georgetown will have a season because I read that they are only allowing seniors back to campus?
MD could serve as a replacement since its in-state

I don’t see Duke happening since this year loyola would be traveling down to Durham
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:04 pm Lets say OOC games are scheduled.

I believe it can be

UVA
hop
Towson (both due to close proximity)
Replace Georgetown with MD since I don’t know if Georgetown will have a season because I read that they are only allowing seniors back to campus?
MD could serve as a replacement since its in-state

I don’t see Duke happening since this year loyola would be traveling down to Durham
Ive talked with a couple Gtown kidson the team that are buddies with my sons...Gtown is playing, the team is reporting back I think late next week
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:49 am Especially since PL basketball is postponed for two weeks because a player for loyola tested positive. This speed bump could deter lacrosse schedules and games from playing out for a time being
The basketball situation should have zero impacts on lacrosse IMO...just my opinion...

If they are smart, we will have flexible schedule plans, open dates, etc... to accommodate a postponement due to multiple covid tests...one test or even a couple should not postpone an outdoor lacrosse game....with 50 player rosters

Basketball is a different animal...indoor sport, small rosters 12-14 guys/gals...more travel...

Lacrosse is looking to limit travel (more due to expense than health IMO) this season...so if all your games are a 2-3 hour bus ride away, you should have tremendous flexibility to reschedule and pivot quickly based on testing...

If you plan well for this, you can get it done...with a few bumps...hopefully the Patriot league doesn't panic at the sign of a few positives tests from healthy 18-22 year old elite athletes...it's gonna happen, plan for it and be ready to tweak schedules and keep moving forward...if football can do it and they're playing national semi finals today...lacrosse sure as hell can do it. The Patriot League (and Loyola) better be ready to roll...

The kids deserve the opportunity to play and I'm glad they're moving forward...the adults in the room (AD's, Presidents, Trustees) need to move forward and understand a few bumps will happen but they need to forge ahead for the kids...
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

laxbro11 wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:27 am

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

You would think that at least they would allow 2 tickets per player... 120 in the stands. At Ridely can easily socially distance and have no issues. I agree it is an outdoor venue. There should be no issues. But if that is the price to pay for Lacrosse, than so be it.

I worry on which way the Ivies go, could sway the Patriot League
You could easily have 2-4 tix per player and have zero issues outdoors....the SEC football stadiums allowed 7-10k...

With that said, we take what we can get...but parents at a minimum should be allowed to watch their kids play...

I'm guessing the Ivies bail...which is sad but I'll hold any comment on what I really think there...feel bad for those kids

All other conference are playing (D1 anyway)....if the conference and school planed properly (they've had 9 months), this should be fine...speed bumps yes...but a panic situation for schools and athletes...nope

Cheers to a better 2021

Happy New Year!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

UVA (at Loyola)
Hopkins (at Hopkins)
Towson (at Towson)
Georgetown (at Loyola)

This is dangerously close to a political discussion, but I see that what you're saying is that Loyola is unlikely to be following AS strict testing protocols as the Big 10. That sounds factual, even if 'hearsay' at this point, or subject to change.

You then move into opinion as to what's an over reaction and what's not. I think we all feel bad for the athletes, most of us also feel bad for those who get seriously sick from the virus...and some applaud efforts to try and reduce community spread. My only nit on the testing assumption is that there are tests that are expensive and highly reliable, which take about a day or more to get an answer on, and there are less reliable, much less expensive tests that give a response in minutes...I think the latter has begun to be used in most daily testing protocols...but you do need to test daily in order to catch the virus.

My other nit gets closer to political...no one needs to say that anyone did anything wrong, people quarantine not as a penalty but to prevent others from getting infected too...when the virus hits someone who has a bad reaction it's darn serious, so there's a worthwhile effort to squelch spread as quickly as possible. It's not a punishment.

My own bet is that there will be at least some lacrosse played this coming season, and by summer and next fall, it'll be pretty close to full speed. That is, if this new variant that supposedly impacts younger people harder and is even more easily spread doesn't get stopped by the vaccine as well...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

If there are non-conference games, I can't imagine Loyola and Hopkins would not play. It'd be ridiculous if two teams that are literally 5 minutes down the street from one another could not figure out a way to make it work. Hopkins, for instance, is going to have a very robust on-campus test and trace system for students, faculty, and staff. Perhaps they offer to extend testing to Loyola student-athletes—if the Hounds do not already meet the Big Ten protocols under which the Hopkins lacrosse program will presumably operate.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”