Next Big D1

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ggait

Re: Next Big D1

Post by ggait »

QuakerSouth wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:28 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:26 pmAnd since Dartmouth is pretty consistently bad, Columbia would have a reasonable chance of not being the permanent cellar dweller.
:o

Waiting for the blowback on that one...
Just being factual, not snarky. Big Green have gone 1-29 for the past five Ivy seasons.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

+1
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Get your entire football team to declare their gender as female. ...

Problem solved.....

...you're welcome :shock: :lol: 8-)
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
LordRaider

Post by LordRaider »

This thread has been equal parts confusing and informative, but I love the discussion. Earlier there was talk of P5 schools that added D1 lax in the past 40 years. I think Ohio State was left off that list. I know they went D1 in the early 90’s because they killed us (D3 Kenyon) in a scrimmage the year they got their first scholarship class (92 maybe?). Before that we’d reportedly kept it close with their club team.

Here’s my not very informed wish list of teams that seem like good fits to add MLAX. I’m not very knowledgeable about the southeast, and I think the dominance of football complicates things there. PAC-12 and other western schools seem easier to imagine (the Utah model). Money endowed without the strong resistance/ indifference of an SEC/Big12 AD.

-Santa Clara
-Stanford
-UC-Boulder (imagine the DU rivalry)
-University of Washington (in Seattle where lax is played, more logical choice for NW than Oregon in Eugene?)
-Northwestern (Chicagoland needs a D1 program)
-SMU (local talent..Highland Park, Dallas Jes kids..)
-Columbia (should’ve happened long ago..MakeIt8!)
-Boston College (why not try again, Boston lax big, lax Beanpot if you get Northeastern too!)
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Before the 90's, Ohio State was varsity (and probably D1, but just not with all the scholarships), but not very good (the second lacrosse game I ever saw was OSU getting thrashed by Denison). Ideally, the next new programs would be out West and able to form a lax conference with Air Force, Denver and Utah.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HooDat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:50 am Get your entire football team to declare their gender as female. ...

Problem solved.....

...you're welcome :shock: :lol: 8-)
Great idea......mite have read that before ;) And, I know I was being completely serious.

But, again, NO college has been sued for having a ratio problem. Not ONE. I was at the function (can't really call it a party with Gene duhFlippo around) when he was told over $20 million was raised for the BC mens lacrosse team. He said he wanted $25 million.

Yeah, title 9 is the issue :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”