White Nationalist Terrorism

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
dislaxxic

Re: White Nationalist Terrorism

Post by dislaxxic »

Exiled Oath Keeper Called for Rifles at the Capitol. Now He’s Spooked About the FBI.
In the weeks ahead of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, Sam Andrews had a message for the right.

“Contact your friends with rifles,” he said in a mid-December appearance on a right-wing podcast. “And tell them to join you. That's who you contact. And then you get a map and you drive to D.C.”

But since rioters stormed the Capitol, leaving five people dead in the melee, Andrews has changed his tune.

“I have rescinded the idea that patriots should go to D.C. in protest,” he told The Daily Beast on Wednesday. “Americans going armed to D.C. to protest would be a lot like standing in a field with your best friend over a cowpatty and stabbing each other for who gets to keep the cowpatty.”

“It’s a lot of bloodshed for a little shirt,” he added.

Andrews was outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, but says he did not enter the building. A former member of the far-right paramilitary group the Oath Keepers, he was until very recently a hype-man for bogus claims of voter fraud. But now, as members of his former group face criminal charges for storming the Capitol, Andews is one of many militant figures recalibrating their plans for the Biden era.

Following Donald Trump’s election loss, Andrews appeared in a widely shared video that called on the right to converge on D.C. “armed, in large groups,” as the Washington Post previously reported. Those groups, he said, should show up “en masse in D.C., armed, demanding, not asking, that we get a peaceful resolution on these voter corruption issues.”
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:57 pm Exiled Oath Keeper Called for Rifles at the Capitol. Now He’s Spooked About the FBI.
In the weeks ahead of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, Sam Andrews had a message for the right.

“Contact your friends with rifles,” he said in a mid-December appearance on a right-wing podcast. “And tell them to join you. That's who you contact. And then you get a map and you drive to D.C.”

But since rioters stormed the Capitol, leaving five people dead in the melee, Andrews has changed his tune.

“I have rescinded the idea that patriots should go to D.C. in protest,” he told The Daily Beast on Wednesday. “Americans going armed to D.C. to protest would be a lot like standing in a field with your best friend over a cowpatty and stabbing each other for who gets to keep the cowpatty.”

Andrews was outside the Capitol on Jan. 6, but says he did not enter the building. A former member of the far-right paramilitary group the Oath Keepers, he was until very recently a hype-man for bogus claims of voter fraud. But now, as members of his former group face criminal charges for storming the Capitol, Andews is one of many militant figures recalibrating their plans for the Biden era.

Following Donald Trump’s election loss, Andrews appeared in a widely shared video that called on the right to converge on D.C. “armed, in large groups,” as the Washington Post previously reported. Those groups, he said, should show up “en masse in D.C., armed, demanding, not asking, that we get a peaceful resolution on these voter corruption issues.”
certainly looks like conspiracy to incite an insurrection to me...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:23 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:57 pm Exiled Oath Keeper Called for Rifles at the Capitol. Now He’s Spooked About the FBI.

Here we go again... :roll: can't we figure out who the second shooter was behind the grassy knoll first? Let's jump hip deep into the next conspiracy theory. We should bring back Robert Mueller and have him look into it? :roll: Your attempting to want to open up a 1st amendment pandora's box. I have heard a lot of stupid people giving a lot of stupid speeches. I have yet to hear anybody suggest to these idiots to storm the capital. IMO that was the plan for a bunch of these people all along. IMO the CP should have used lethal force once these people breeched the capital building. That is really harsh I know but it sends a huge message that invading our governments most vital buildings will not be tolerated.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The dog whistle language used, while not directly saying to storm the capitol, made it clear to the supporters that they needed to go in to force the takeover. If you don't think that is clear enough from the ample evidence, then you have a problem.

And to open fire without an overwhelming force behind you (which was NOT there in the Capitol) would have been both suicide for the force plus many of the elected representatives in our government, as there were weapons on persons storming the grounds, plus those recovered from overwhelming the Capitol Police.

Keeping the weapons unused until absolutely necessary was the only solution available to them that kept the injuries/deaths to a relatively low number (and kept all of the elected leaders safe).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:45 am

Here we go again... :roll: can't we figure out who the second shooter was behind the grassy knoll first? Let's jump hip deep into the next conspiracy theory. We should bring back Robert Mueller and have him look into it? :roll: Your attempting to want to open up a 1st amendment pandora's box. I have heard a lot of stupid people giving a lot of stupid speeches. I have yet to hear anybody suggest to these idiots to storm the capital. IMO that was the plan for a bunch of these people all along. IMO the CP should have used lethal force once these people breeched the capital building. That is really harsh I know but it sends a huge message that invading our governments most vital buildings will not be tolerated.
cradle, you're obviously just not listening...these guys ACTUALLY were discussing storming the building, tactics etc and there's lots of reports and video of actual coordination in real time...the discussion alone constitutes Conspiracy. That'll need to be proven in court, but apparently there's lots and lots of evidence of such.

And no, refraining from lethal force may be tactically have been the only way to prevent the guns having been turned on them and Congress...they were overwhelmed.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

A little perspective from the historian Eric Foner:

https://www.vox.com/22241397/reconstruc ... oner-trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:52 am A little perspective from the historian Eric Foner:

https://www.vox.com/22241397/reconstruc ... oner-trump
The Missouri Appeasement was probably a mistake in hindsight. Thanks for posting that. We are about 100 years off schedule as a country.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:04 am

cradle, you're obviously just not listening...these guys ACTUALLY were discussing storming the building, tactics etc and there's lots of reports and video of actual coordination in real time...the discussion alone constitutes Conspiracy. That'll need to be proven in court, but apparently there's lots and lots of evidence of such.

And no, refraining from lethal force may be tactically have been the only way to prevent the guns having been turned on them and Congress...they were overwhelmed.
I did not listen to every speaker MD. The ones that I did listen to never advocated storming the capital. The decision of the CP to restrain from the use of lethal force was made out of an abundance of caution. Had they chose to do so I would not have criticized them for doing so. Nobody should be allowed to do what this group of FRC scum did. This assault on our capital building shook me to the core. I watched it happen in front of my own eyes. These were people who claimed to be patriots. We can disagree all day long as Americans. No American who loves their country acts like a barbarian who invades and denigrates their own capital building. I'm so embarrassed that some of these people were former military. They debased everything that I love about our country.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:41 am

I did not listen to every speaker MD. The ones that I did listen to never advocated storming the capital. The decision of the CP to restrain from the use of lethal force was made out of an abundance of caution. Had they chose to do so I would not have criticized them for doing so. Nobody should be allowed to do what this group of FRC scum did. This assault on our capital building shook me to the core. I watched it happen in front of my own eyes. These were people who claimed to be patriots. We can disagree all day long as Americans. No American who loves their country acts like a barbarian who invades and denigrates their own capital building. I'm so embarrassed that some of these people were former military. They debased everything that I love about our country.
No disagreement with most of the above. Including the emotional response.

I was talking about the anti-government paramilitary and white supremacist types (a lot of overlap) who were actively discussing these ideas/plans and exhorting others to go armed, etc. Direct coordination at the Capitol, operating as a known group to one another, directing others as to locations to capture Senators, VP, etc... That's all potential conspiracy.

Now, the incitement to insurrection/sedition (20 yr prison sentence) by 'speakers' at the rally, the congress people and POTUS with the Big Lie, the exhortation to go to the Capitol...to "trial by combat"...this is less clear as to conspiracy unless they were coordinating with one another too...which certainly stands to reason was going on to at least some extent, but less clear just from the words at the rally...but incitement is certainly there.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:01 pm

I was talking about the anti-government paramilitary and white supremacist types (a lot of overlap) who were actively discussing these ideas/plans and exhorting others to go armed, etc. Direct coordination at the Capitol, operating as a known group to one another, directing others as to locations to capture Senators, VP, etc... That's all potential conspiracy.

Now, the incitement to insurrection/sedition (20 yr prison sentence) by 'speakers' at the rally, the congress people and POTUS with the Big Lie, the exhortation to go to the Capitol...to "trial by combat"...this is less clear as to conspiracy unless they were coordinating with one another too...which certainly stands to reason was going on to at least some extent, but less clear just from the words at the rally...but incitement is certainly there.
I guess I lack your nuanced sophistication MD. If you shot the mother effers down like the dirty dogs they were a powerful message would have been sent Lima Charlie. I get it my emotional response bothers you. I have zero tolerance for any mother effers than attempt to over run our government. I understand why you disagree and I respect your opinion. The only option left to us is to try and prosecute these people. Our nation's capital has now been forced to become pretty much a heavily armed fortress. You think all those security fences are going away anytime soon ? We all hate security walls don't we MD?
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:01 pm

I guess I lack your nuanced sophistication MD. If you shot the mother effers down like the dirty dogs they were a powerful message would have been sent Lima Charlie. I get it my emotional response bothers you. I have zero tolerance for any mother effers than attempt to over run our government. I understand why you disagree and I respect your opinion. The only option left to us is to try and prosecute these people. Our nation's capital has now been forced to become pretty much a heavily armed fortress. You think all those security fences are going away anytime soon ?
Read again, please.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Just in case any of you are Q-Anon adherents, it seems that all is gonna be OK!

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:01 pm Just in case any of you are Q-Anon adherents, it seems that all is gonna be OK!

well, that's a relief.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:39 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:01 pm Just in case any of you are Q-Anon adherents, it seems that all is gonna be OK!
well, that's a relief.
I know, huh? Trump is still in charge, the pedophiles have been caught and are now watched and do what the good guys say.

No more sex with babbies! Satanism has been defeated!!!! (!!!!)

The problem has been solved. Trump is TOTALLY onside. He may object now and then but this is just to color his cover, right?

I mean.......right?

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Root them out. Cut the gangrene out early is my solution.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

In order to remove this stain on our Democracy, we need to figure out where all of these militant rasicist come from.

https://religiondispatches.org/where-we ... schooling/

It is the systematic racism and hate taught in christian schools and the us military.

According to Ingersoll, that connection is highly significant. As she notes, the report provides “a concise framing of the version of American history that gives us the Proud Boys.” And the ideology it represents isn’t a dead letter to America’s Christian nationalists. By now, we should all have seen the footage of members of that white supremacist group bowing in a typical evangelical prayer before engaging in insurrection on January 6, and we should be aware of how they raised money for the effort via the Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo. Conservative Christianity has long been the elephant in the room (pun intended) when it comes to discussion of politics in America’s elite public sphere. But if we fail to recognize conservative Christian institutions as sources of radicalization, we will never be able to craft effective policies to counter its toxic influence.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am In order to remove this stain on our Democracy, we need to figure out where all of these militant rasicist come from.

It is the systematic racism and hate taught in christian schools and the us military.

According to Ingersoll, that connection is highly significant. As she notes, the report provides “a concise framing of the version of American history that gives us the Proud Boys.” And the ideology it represents isn’t a dead letter to America’s Christian nationalists. By now, we should all have seen the footage of members of that white supremacist group bowing in a typical evangelical prayer before engaging in insurrection on January 6, and we should be aware of how they raised money for the effort via the Christian crowdfunding site GiveSendGo. Conservative Christianity has long been the elephant in the room (pun intended) when it comes to discussion of politics in America’s elite public sphere. But if we fail to recognize conservative Christian institutions as sources of radicalization, we will never be able to craft effective policies to counter its toxic influence.
:roll: Pathetic. This is the bullshirt that keeps us divided, and is the definition of gaslighting an entire group of people.

MDLAXfan sits on a Jesuit board, is an R, and is the furthest thing from a white supremist.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I believe the reference is to Conservative Christian Schools and Evangelicals and not Jesuit Schools, although many Jesuit Schools became significantly more conservative in the 1980's at the behest of Pope John Paul II.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:40 am
CU88 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 am In order to remove this stain on our Democracy, we need to figure out where all of these militant rasicist come from.

:roll: Pathetic. This is the bullshirt that keeps us divided, and is the definition of gaslighting an entire group of people.

MDLAXfan sits on a Jesuit board, is an R, and is the furthest thing from a white supremist.
Just pointing out the language: “A source” vs. “the source”. There are lots of sources for lots of bad things is how I read it. How much of a source is debatable.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”