2019 - Week One

2019 D1 Mens Fantasy Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: 2019 - Week One

Post by Matnum PI »

I'm confused. I've made three versions and each are neat and clean on WordPress. What type of version are you looking for?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

Matnum PI wrote:I'm confused. I've made three versions and each are neat and clean on WordPress. What type of version are you looking for?
Is this in reference to me... having a thread for each week ready to go with all the games in means you can post players in the right week and I don’t have to say in “week 1” that I want Dylan Foulds to play against robert Morris in week 4 for example. If we had all the threads we can say in week 4 what our squad is an not miss the game
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

These are the Week 4 NCAA Games (below). Are you talking posting your starters today for the March 16th games or the Feb 9 game?

Penn State 9-Feb vs Robert Morris
Johns Hopkins 16-Feb vs Loyola
UMass 16-Feb vs Ohio State
Fairfield 12-Mar @ Bryant
North Carolina 12-Mar vs Bucknell
Army 16-Mar @ Holy Cross
Cornell 16-Mar @ Yale
Denver 16-Mar @ Ohio State
Duke 16-Mar vs Towson
Georgetown 16-Mar vs Drexel
Hofstra 16-Mar vs Providence
Loyola 16-Mar vs Navy
Maryland 16-Mar vs Villanova
Navy 16-Mar @ Loyola
Notre Dame 16-Mar Virginia
Ohio State 16-Mar vs Denver
Penn 16-Mar vs Princeton
Princeton 16-Mar @ Penn
Rutgers 16-Mar @ Syracuse
Syracuse 16-Mar vs Rutgers
Towson 16-Mar @ Duke
UMBC 16-Mar vs Vermont
Virginia 16-Mar vs Notre Dame
Yale 16-Mar vs Cornell
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

I’m going to fully spell out what I mean...

My team for week 1 games is
Kieren Mullins
Jack carraway
Austin French

Brendan Sunday
Dylan beckwith
Lucas wittenberg

Hofstra D

However for week 4 I’d likely prefer

Dylan foulds
Jack carraway
Austin French

Dylan beckwith
Lucas wittenberg
Joseph sessa

Hofstra D

But because there is no week 4 thread (or 2,3,5,6,7,8) I have no where to post that other than week 1 which isn’t very relevant to week 1 but I need to post about Dylan foulds playing in the week 1 thread to cover the February 9th game (week 4) but I don’t want him to play to psu game relevant to week 1 just week 4 on Feb 9th. So this is why I think we need the thread for all 8 week up from the start... does this make sense?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

Why not wait until week 3 to make your roster for week 4? What if someone gets injured or outplayed? Seems like way too far a jump.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Njlaxx11 wrote:Why not wait until week 3 to make your roster for week 4? What if someone gets injured or outplayed? Seems like way too far a jump.
Because a week 4 game (PSU) occurs before any week 1 games. If he waits until week 4, he can't play his PSU guys because they weren't starters in this thread.

I'm with UK here. As of now, he has to post 2 rosters in this thread, and one of those rosters is really what he wants for week 4.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

ohmilax34 wrote:
Njlaxx11 wrote:Why not wait until week 3 to make your roster for week 4? What if someone gets injured or outplayed? Seems like way too far a jump.
Because a week 4 game (PSU) occurs before any week 1 games. If he waits until week 4, he can't play his PSU guys because they weren't starters in this thread.

I'm with UK here. As of now, he has to post 2 rosters in this thread, and one of those rosters is really what he wants for week 4.
Thanks ohmil!

I do however understand this is more work right now for admin and Matt but as I can’t help with the work I’m merely suggestion an improvement would to be have all 8 weeks ready to go
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Uklax wrote:My team for week 1 games is
Kieren Mullins RU
Brendan Sunday Towson

Dylan foulds - PSU
Joseph sessa - Yale
The key is the NCAA team and when they play for the relevant Fantasy Week. So, for Week One, RU (Mullins) and Towson (Sunday) play on 2/23. Make sure they're your starters on 2/23 before their relevant NCAA games. (22 of the 24 NCAA teams play on 2/23 or 2/24 for Week One.) For Week Four, Yale plays on 3/16 (19 of the 24 NCAA teams play on 3/16 for Week Four.) and PSU plays on 2/9. So, on 2/9, before the PSU game, put Foulds in your starting line-up.

Bottomline, look at the list of NCAA Games that count in chronological order). When you see "Ah, PSU plays on 2/9 for Week Four", look at Week Four and if you want to start a PSU player and... Post it in whatever thread we're currently posting in.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ohmilax34 wrote:I'm with UK here. As of now, he has to post 2 rosters in this thread, and one of those rosters is really what he wants for week 4.
You don't need to post a roster. Just post a player and who he's subbing in for before he plays his relevant NCAA game.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

admin wrote:
Uklax wrote:My team for week 1 games is
Kieren Mullins RU
Brendan Sunday Towson

Dylan foulds - PSU
Joseph sessa - Yale
The key is the NCAA team and when they play for the relevant Fantasy Week. So, for Week One, RU (Mullins) and Towson (Sunday) play on 2/23. Make sure they're your starters on 2/23 before their relevant NCAA games. (22 of the 24 NCAA teams play on 2/23 or 2/24 for Week One.) For Week Four, Yale plays on 3/16 (19 of the 24 NCAA teams play on 3/16 for Week Four.) and PSU plays on 2/9. So, on 2/9, before the PSU game, put Foulds in your starting line-up.

Bottomline, look at the list of NCAA Games that count in chronological order). When you see "Ah, PSU plays on 2/9 for Week Four", look at Week Four and if you want to start a PSU player and... Post it in whatever thread we're currently posting in.
Ok no worries, was just a suggestion for a more streamlined look
fcalax

Post by fcalax »

A – KRAUS
A – BUCARO
A – WADE
M – TIGH
M – LECLAIRE
M – TORAIN
D - LOYOLA
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

fcalax wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:43 pm A – KRAUS
A – BUCARO
A – WADE
M – TIGH
M – LECLAIRE
M – TORAIN
D - LOYOLA
Team is toooooo good to be fair, try again.....
maddog29

Post by maddog29 »

Starting lineup wk one:

A Colin Burke Fairfield
A Sean Lowrie Duke
A Miles Silva Army
M Matt Moore UVA
M Kevin Tobin UMass
M Jamie Trimboli Syracuse
Maryland DEF
fcalax

Post by fcalax »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Every NCAA team (except one, I think, and that game is very likely not to count due to it being a back-up game for a Conference Championship Game) will play a game before our season starts. That'll help us to gauge our player positions and to set our line-ups.
Uklax

Post by Uklax »

With TJ malone clearly in position to take some of Dylan Foulds gametime throughout the season i'm setting my line up as:

Kieren Mullins
Jack carraway
Austin French

Brendan Sunday
Dylan beckwith
Lucas wittenberg

Hofstra D
nclaxin

Post by nclaxin »

Week One Roster....For now (It will change):

A - Michael Sowers - Princeton
A - John Piatelli - Cornell
A - Gabe Procyk - UMASS

M - Kevin Hill - PSU
M - Connor McCarthy - Princeton
M - Cam Badour - Duke

D - Cornell
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

If I start a player for one of the games before week one, does that mean I am down onw starter for the actual week that game counts for?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No. When an NCAA game that counts starts, every NCAA player in that game that's on a fantasy Team's starting line-up will be considered a starter for that game. "That game" could be for Week One or Week Seven. Whatever Week that NCAA Game is connected to. So if You have an NCAA Player as starter for several games that count for Week Two and Three and Six and etc. and then Week One comes around and... As long as that player's NCAA Team hasn't played their Week One game, you can still start or not start that player.
WeWantMoreLax

Post by WeWantMoreLax »

Here is my starting lineup for the games prior to 2/23:

Joey Epstein FR A JHU
Brett Baskin SO A JHU
Brendan Quinn SR A Fairfield
Nick McEvoy JR M PSU
Michael Zichelli SO M UMBC
Ryan Terefenko JR M OSU
PSU D

Return to “2019 D1 MENS FANTASY LACROSSE”