Bandito

Re: Albany 2019

Post by Bandito »

Wow. Good luck, kid.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, too many Dogs jumping the fence at UA.
Lost a couple of blue ribbon Canines, not good.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I agree, Dmac, not good for the Great Danes... and in Nanticoke's case, if he's walking away from a college degree, probably not good for the young man who plays lacrosse.
ggovel

Post by ggovel »

UAlbany players Ron John, Mitch Laffin, Colyn Lyons, and Chaunce Hill talk about the role of lacrosse in their lives in this video from PBS/WMHT ⬇️⬇️
http://capitaldistrictlax.com/2018/11/0 ... -pbs-wmht/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

LSN reporting via Coach Marr, that Tehoka is expected back this Spring. https://www.instagram.com/p/BrDnAO4BZ0C/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
calourie

Post by calourie »

Nanticoke better be returning as The Danes appear to have about the toughest OOC schedule in the country (Syracuse, Cornell, UMass, Maryland, Yale all in IL's preseason top 25). With the departure of a number of stars from last year's NCAA quarterfinal's squad, this season should go a long way towards revealing just how resilient Marr's Albany fun run-and-gun program is.
Last edited by calourie on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

Not many programs could reload and fill the void left by the guys who graduated and two new coaches to the staff. Will definitely be a transition year.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DaneFan wrote:Not many programs could reload and fill the void left by the guys who graduated and two new coaches to the staff. Will definitely be a transition year.
Albany will be fine. Some concern from a supporter of a school that never takes transfers that took your FOGO mid summer. We wouldn’t do it. Good for him.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

Several frequent Yale posters taking uninformed pot shots at Albany. Not sure I get it, but to each his own.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Not a dig by any means.
But.
Wonder if Nanticoke was thinking along these lines.
Just go pro.

Seems it was the correct move for Staats.

http://nll_stats.wttstats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=11080304&seasonid=18464
calourie

Post by calourie »

No intention here of taking an uninformed pot shot at the Danes. I for one love the Yale-Albany rivalry and find the Albany/Marr style as fun to watch as any. My comment was strictly intended to point out the impressive nature of this year's Dane's schedule, and what I see as the difficult task confronting them in dealing with that schedule while replacing a number of truly outstanding players. Obviously the Irelan transfer adds to the difficulty of that effort in addition to amping up the intensity of the Y-A rivalry, but it is by no means to say that the Albany program under Marr, whose coaching I admire a great deal, won't some up with the means to not only be competitive but also successful. Obviously having Nanticoke on board would not only be an asset, but would also leave the Danes with one of the most exciting players in college lacrosse. I'm sure I am not alone in hoping that will be the case.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The obsession at Albany is to look at the offense.
The Thompsons, Fields, Nanticoke.

But, a 4/5 star defense freshman this year.
Tanner Hay.
Look forward to seeing if he can fit right in with the D, contribute this year.
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

calourie wrote:No intention here of taking an uninformed pot shot at the Danes. I for one love the Yale-Albany rivalry and find the Albany/Marr style as fun to watch as any. My comment was strictly intended to point out the impressive nature of this year's Dane's schedule, and what I see as the difficult task confronting them in dealing with that schedule while replacing a number of truly outstanding players. Obviously the Irelan transfer adds to the difficulty of that effort in addition to amping up the intensity of the Y-A rivalry, but it is by no means to say that the Albany program under Marr, whose coaching I admire a great deal, won't some up with the means to not only be competitive but also successful. Obviously having Nanticoke on board would not only be an asset, but would also leave the Danes with one of the most exciting players in college lacrosse. I'm sure I am not alone in hoping that will be the case.
Someone else was opining on Teoka and making comments that were not accurate, and not everyone knows all of the ins and outs of the TD situation so I am probably a little thin skinned when it comes to most things Albany.
DaneFan

Post by DaneFan »

10stone5 wrote:The obsession at Albany is to look at the offense.
The Thompsons, Fields, Nanticoke.

But, a 4/5 star defense freshman this year.
Tanner Hay.
Look forward to seeing if he can fit right in with the D, contribute this year.

Think you may see Hay playing back up LSM and on man down. Has a very nice knack of getting his stick into passing lanes.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I apologize: a usually-reliable source was wrong about Tehoka; Nanticoke is an amazing talent and I hope he and Albany do well... fun team to watch, Marr doing a wonderful job.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I hate to bring this up on the U Albany thread, or anywhere, but I did think it important enough to mention in a forum on FanLax. Lyle Thompson was on Instagram and Twitter politely noting that he had been harassed in Philadelphia by the PA announcer for his ponytail and by fans as well for his Native American heritage. This is tremendously unfortunate. It is a credit to Lyle Thompson's diplomacy that his response has been measured and calm.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not good. Ridiculously inappropriate and, thankfully, the announcer was fired. This doesn't turn back time and erase the act but it's something. Plus, good to see the amount of support Lyle's getting. Kudos to the lacrosse community.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

calourie wrote:Nanticoke better be returning as The Danes appear to have about the toughest OOC schedule in the country (Syracuse, Cornell, UMass, Maryland, Yale all in IL's preseason top 25). With the departure of a number of stars from last year's NCAA quarterfinal's squad, this season should go a long way towards revealing just how resilient Marr's Albany fun run-and-gun program is.
#4 OOC. viewtopic.php?f=118&t=846
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
ggovel

Post by ggovel »

‼️UAlbany - Colgate Scrimmage
🗓 Fri Feb 1, 2019
⏰ 7:00 PM
📍Colonie, NY
🎟 Free
⬇️ More info:
http://capitaldistrictlax.com/2019/01/2 ... on-2-1-19/

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”