Golf

General Chatter
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Golf

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote:Seriously? That’s some major Tigger hate, there...

It was good to see him climb the mountain.... may not get back again but he must have some sense of satisfaction. Recaptured some glory....always a feel good story for competitive athletes. Jim Plunkett was that way in some wys.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I guess she just wasn't into getting up on that trapeze...

Nobody rocks a ballcap quite like Elin...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

dislaxxic wrote:Seriously? That’s some major Tigger hate, there...

he's a terrible guy, no?

i thought that wasnt debatable! :mrgreen:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Lax Fidelis

Post by Lax Fidelis »

Re Tiger: I guess the following anecdote proves just how anal one can become. :roll:

I have a Lotus 1-2-3 (GASP!) spreadsheet that I still use which has virtually every tournament, finishing place and dollars earned for Tiger since he first turned pro in 1996. It documents every PGA event he has played plus almost all of his other events.

I also use their calendar program Organizer. I can use Excel but am much better with Lotus. Old dogs . . . ?

BTW: Tiger career win percentage is now slightly over 24. Given his last five years, that is a rather impressive number. I read an informative article the other day which suggested that Tiger has already broken Snead's record by 6. Many of the credited wins for Snead are very iffy. Forget Sam Snead's record
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Tiger seems to have had a sex addiction, that's true. Cheating on his wife in epic proportion, while she was home with two young children. That's pretty scumbag stuff, yes.

He paid the price. BOY did he pay the price. Some say upwards of half a billion (with a B) dollars. Elin bought an entire island in her home country...an estate out on an island.

He has reportedly been very doting of him children, which is a good thing. Not sure what his relationship with Elin is, at this point.

All bad stuff. But rooting against the US in the Ryder Cup, for this reason alone???

Obstruction?? :mrgreen:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ChairmanOfTheBoard

dislaxxic wrote:Tiger seems to have had a sex addiction, that's true. Cheating on his wife in epic proportion, while she was home with two young children. That's pretty scumbag stuff, yes.

He paid the price. BOY did he pay the price. Some say upwards of half a billion (with a B) dollars. Elin bought an entire island in her home country...an estate out on an island.

He has reportedly been very doting of him children, which is a good thing. Not sure what his relationship with Elin is, at this point.

All bad stuff. But rooting against the US in the Ryder Cup, for this reason alone???

Obstruction?? :mrgreen:

:mrgreen:

well played, my friend. well played!!!

seriously though PM me if you have scotch questions and i can get you some answers. -cob
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Lax Fidelis

Ryder Cup

Post by Lax Fidelis »

good article on the dilemma facing Furyk when choosing his pairings for the first two days in Paris: Who sits when you have four players off-form?
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Trinity wrote:Not bad. I’m the old man I used to laugh at. Still walk and play with guys who shoot their ages, which is one of Golf’s greatest goals.
I figured I’d respond here than in the thread about the SCROTUS! ;)

That’s funny about becoming that old man you used to laught at! :lol: can’t tell ya how many guys I end up playing with that are 10-20 years older than me that kick my ass! They are always the ones who get the last laugh that’s for sure. I am very slowly working on my “old man game”... and improving!

Took your advice and I picked up a really nice 4 hybrid. What a CLUB! Loved it so much I ended up going and getting a 3h and 5h to book end it. Will never leave home without them ever again!
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

USA making a big comeback right now in the final. Rahm just missed the biggest 2 1/2 foot putt of his life. Pressure is on Europe right now. We’ll see if the red white and blue can keep it up.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Welll.... Rahm bounces back hard and takes down Tiger. The USA comeback has fizzled. It would take a miracle from the golf gods at this point. I am sure “The Chairman of The Board” is berry berry happy about el tigre being dropped by the Spaniard. Rahm talking about himself in the 3rd person now... ugh...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Glad you like the hybrid. You can chip with it too. So much easier than a wedge to use if you can run the ball up. Stand close to the ball, take the heel off the ground and use a slow putting stroke. Ball pops a bit and rolls out. Practice a bit and you’ll be good fast. But my favorite club is my SeeMore putter. How’s Sore? He okay?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

I've been afraid of the hybrids so far, but feel like i ought to re-consider. Wish i could find a way to take some out for a spin around the links to try out. Eligible for the Geezer tees now, but stubbornly staying back near the tips. Still scoring decently from back there...

Spent the weekend in Boston playing golf and poker and telling bad jokes about Scotland, where we're all going next June to do more of the same (Why do Scotsmen wear kilts? Because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away!) Ouch...

ChairmanOfTheBoard

dislaxxic wrote:I've been afraid of the hybrids so far, but feel like i ought to re-consider. Wish i could find a way to take some out for a spin around the links to try out. Eligible for the Geezer tees now, but stubbornly staying back near the tips. Still scoring decently from back there...

Spent the weekend in Boston playing golf and poker and telling bad jokes about Scotland, where we're all going next June to do more of the same (Why do Scotsmen wear kilts? Because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away!) Ouch...

yes, i pulled for europe. and yes, i was happy they won. fun group of kids to watch, fleetwood and rahm and rory in particular.

there were some fantastic long puts in paris. easy greens???

i have a hybrid and never use it. i dont know where it's going and i can never decide between it and a 4 iron in the rough.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Conor Moore never disappoints!
:lol:
Team E on their Ryder Cup victory!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Dis— the Edwin Watts stores have a 90-day return policy, at least on used clubs. I went in to have an old driver reshafted and left instead with a much better used driver and a long putter I thought I liked. A month later I returned the putter for fullprice and bought a SeeMore, which I dearly love, can’t recommend enough. Give a hybrid a test drive. You can even hit them from fairway bunkers.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Watched an interesting report on tv about Korean golf. That country has produced a great many female stars who excel on the pro tour. But it has produced few male stars. The reason for this, it was reported, was because of that country's conscription laws which are imposed on men but not on women. So while men are languishing in the military, women are honing their skills and earning millions. Nice work if you can get it.

Something to consider for those who favor conscription here in the USA.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Trinity wrote:Dis— the Edwin Watts stores have a 90-day return policy, at least on used clubs. I went in to have an old driver reshafted and left instead with a much better used driver and a long putter I thought I liked. A month later I returned the putter for fullprice and bought a SeeMore, which I dearly love, can’t recommend enough. Give a hybrid a test drive. You can even hit them from fairway bunkers.

Just watched the video on the SeeMore putter and their RST technology. Pretty cool. It’s that time of the year again! I may have a SeeMore on my list this year Trinity!

Loving my hybrids. Today in NY was one of the most beautiful golf days of the year. Perfect bright sun and mid 50s with not a ripple on the water or a turn of a leaf. Perfect!

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

So easy to use I switched from a lifetime of cross-hand putting. I pull it from the bag and step on the green brimming with optimism. You don’t have to buy the premium line models at 400 bucks. The lower level putters work the same way at half price. Like butter.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually, that should be called the SeeLess club. The less red you see the better. No red and you get....well, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4GgbWKcMVQ
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

Phil?

or Tiger?

PHIL!

Beer and wings Tiger vs Phil Black Friday Bash at my house. Can’t wait.

PHIL!

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”