NFL

General Chatter
wahoomurf

Re: NFL

Post by wahoomurf »

No joy in the Big Apple this morning.The Jets: One week Dr.Jekyll; the next week Mr.Hyde.The Brobs ...it's up to Eli.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

thatsmell wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:I guess FitzMagic is for real, at least these first two weeks!? :(

Anybody see his get-up at the postgame presser? wow.

What happens when Jameis is set to come back from his suspension??

Pretty funny story about his outfit:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ryan ... ly-source/
Fitzpatrick is real easy to root for!
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Does Ryan Fitz Patrick or Patrick Fitz Ryan? ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Is it just me, or does Fitz look the spittin' image of Conor McGregor??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

That was actually in the article thatsmell posted ;)
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote:Is it just me, or does Fitz look the spittin' image of Conor McGregor??

I asked my friend this question yesterday, “when did Conor McGregor pick up football”...dead ringer.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

dislaxxic wrote:Is it just me, or does Fitz look the spittin' image of Conor McGregor??

THEY all look alike. He’s had his movement, but never found consistency. One could also say he’s never QB’ed a good team.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Fitz played briefly for the Jets.Sure enough...he never played on a good team.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jints will likely be missing two defensive players for this weekend's games vs Texans: Eli Apple and Olivier Vernon

But they made a key pickup (or so it seems) when they got free agent FB Elijhaa Penny who is said to be a good blocker:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/giants-co ... -starters/

Penny:

https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/9/19/1 ... w-fullback

this link includes an online discussion about the Jints by Patricia Traina & Ed Valentine who don't try to hide their Noo Yawk accents in their reporting like others do
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Baker Mayfield replaces Tyrod Taylor with 2 minutes remaining in the first half vs. the Jets. Aikman had Darnold #1 in the draft with Mayfield #2. Mayfield can really hum it. Halftime Jets 14...Brownies 3.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Browns first win in 365 days...PHEW!

Sucks to be a Jets fan today...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

dislaxxic wrote:Browns first win in 365 days...PHEW!

Dis... I may have to comment on this one in Hamsterdam... :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wahoomurf wrote:Baker Mayfield replaces Tyrod Taylor with 2 minutes remaining in the first half vs. the Jets. Aikman had Darnold #1 in the draft with Mayfield #2. Mayfield can really hum it. Halftime Jets 14...Brownies 3.

DD-Tech wrote:

No question that QB Mayfield was game MVP. Played like an experienced veteran with great composure and pin point accuracy in his passes.

By contrast Jets Darnold was in a panic and made forced passes that were picked off. To his credit, he blamed himself for the loss:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2474 ... and-browns
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:Baker Mayfield replaces Tyrod Taylor with 2 minutes remaining in the first half vs. the Jets. Aikman had Darnold #1 in the draft with Mayfield #2. Mayfield can really hum it. Halftime Jets 14...Brownies 3.

DD-Tech wrote:

Maybe the Jets fans can slow down with the "Broadway Sam" talk. I like him but like most rookies, he needs time. They ALL have ups and downs.

No question that QB Mayfield was game MVP. Played like an experienced veteran with great composure and pin point accuracy in his passes.

By contrast Jets Darnold was in a panic and made forced passes that were picked off. To his credit, he blamed himself for the loss:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2474 ... and-browns
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Is the NFL going a bit too far in its effort to protect QBs?

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post ... -a-problem

On multiple fronts, and with little public warning, the league has further elevated its extreme measures to protect quarterbacks. There were another six roughing the passer penalties during the first 15 games of Week 2, including a questionably interpreted but game-altering call against Green Bay Packers linebacker Clay Matthews. That brought the season total to 21, putting the league on an unprecedented pace for the season.

I'm all for protecting the QBs. But let's not disrupt the game with needless calls such as the one against Matthews.

The better way to protect QBs while increasing numbers on offense, is to ban the blitz and shoulder charge tackle. Just use arm wrap tackle technique, widen the goal posts and playing field, and use softer pads.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jints vs Texans

Jints lead early in 3d qtr ~ good to see Eli finally rolling out of the pocket and buying himself more time to pass. If only they had a blocking FB he would have even more time and more completed passes.

Go Jints!

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Bills over Vikings??

Lions over Patriots???

What the heck is going ON here???

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

OH! and how bout that hit by Clay Matthews that was penalized as "Roughing the Passer"???

That's just an egregiously wrong call there, IMO. He had his head to the side...the QB had the ball in his hands...

I mean, honestly! Even Dean Blandino can't explain it beyond "He fell on top of him"...

DMac

Post by DMac »

dislaxxic wrote:OH! and how bout that hit by Clay Matthews that was penalized as "Roughing the Passer"???

That's just an egregiously wrong call there, IMO. He had his head to the side...the QB had the ball in his hands...

I mean, honestly! Even Dean Blandino can't explain it beyond "He fell on top of him"...

Football is in a mighty strange place, don't know how you even play the game if that's a penalty. You have to think too much about how you're going to hit your opponent anymore. Good for safety but not good for the game, IMO. I find myself having less and less interest in football, too many seemingly ridiculous penalties, to say nothing of how slow the game is (masterfully disguised by TV and its constant barrage of "entertainment" during the down time).
DMac

Post by DMac »

dislaxxic wrote:Bills over Vikings??

Lions over Patriots???

What the heck is going ON here???

Actually went and watched the Bills practice at St. Johns this summer (was more just going along for the ride with a couple of buddies...one a Bills nut, of course...for me, was a good time though), there was no question who the best looking QB was that day to me. Allen is a smooth looking athlete, think he's going to be a good one if he gets anywhere near what he needs from his O line (that's questionable). Not saying he was the best looking person on the field, that would be McCarron's wife Catherine who came on the field at the end of practice. Brent would still have plenty of complimentary words to throw her way. :D

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”