Hope loss at Elmhurst is a surprise based on score
Calvin takes care of business
Trine struggled at Oberlin
Kzoo loss to DePauw is unexpected
Alma... oh my
Argyle23

Re: MIAA 2024

Post by Argyle23 »

Anyone catch the Albion games? Not sure if it’s time to hit the emergency button or early season jitters.

Albion - plays tight against Otterbein (may be rebounding after a disappointing 2023 season) and Denison but then has double digits hung up on them by Kenyon. Purple Lords have been trending upward the past few seasons. Big Reds fearless leader retired after the 2022 season so it’s understandable to see a bit of a regression.

Not worried about Hope. Nice win against IWU. Elmhurst has talented youth that made some noise last year so I’m not surprised by the results, especially with Elmhurst having game film. Mid tier NCAC programs like Oberlin have traditionally played tough with tight scores for the MIAA programs.

Dawgs receiving votes for top 20? Over reaction…. Prove me wrong with a 4-0 start going into Kenyon.

Remainder of the MIAA meets initial expectations thus far.

Currently confused with the shift and state of Midwest ball. Don’t have my finger on it but head scratching results this past weekend and today…
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

Adrian is the big surprise so far. Are they going to make a run at the title?

Surprised that Hope struggled with Oberlin. I saw them play Trine and was not impressed. Trine was just sloppy with unforced turnovers and the clear or it would have been closer.

Albion will probably be fine in conference. Some tough competition early. Kenyon has some offensive talent.

Kzoo is also a surprise. A drop off from last year?
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

Argyle23 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:36 pm
Currently confused with the shift and state of Midwest ball. Don’t have my finger on it but head scratching results this past weekend and today…
Seems like its the top of the NCAC. Then a group of similar teams in the middle like the MIAA, OAC, Mid-NCAC. Then some really, really poor teams. Overall play may be leveling out with the east coast roster dominant NCAC top 1/3rd being ahead of the rest.
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

3/1 Weekend Line-up - Thoughts?

Kalamazoo - Kzoo need the win here. Don't know much about the opponent.
Benedictine (IL)

Adrian - Going to be a tough one, but I see Adrian on the rise and take care of this one. 3rd MIAA team for Yeo
Oberlin

Trine - Similar programs. Engineering cup at stake... lol Trine need to show they can compete.
MSOE

Hope - Hope should dominate.
Lake Forest

Albion - Toss up here. Albion seem down so this could be a way to prove they're not.
Elmhurst
Argyle23

Post by Argyle23 »

Lake Forest over Hope this weekend?!? Plus both teams wore white jerseys… cmon man!

Dawgs doubled up against the albino squirrels. Can’t give up 64 shots. Assuming the SIDS are doing their jobs ‘accurately’ 🙄, Adrian’s opponents averaged 44 shots a game last year. 20 shot unfavorable margin for one game with the same core group of players is worrisome, especially against a mid tier NCAC. Time to reset and hit the film.

Nice win for Kzoo! BenU was a tough read. They had a rough opener against NCC but were saved by a weather delay that pushed the remainder of the game to the next day. I think if the snow fall didn’t come through, NCC results would have been more inline with IWU. Regardless, a win is a win for the Hornets.
laxfan13

Post by laxfan13 »

Adrian, Hope and Albion results surprised me. Is the MIAA going to be a bit more open this season?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”