Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by foreverlax »

Bandito wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
Bandito wrote:
foreverlax wrote:Not all guns deaths occur as a result of the shooter being crazy.
No mass shootings have been committed by NRA members either. Your kind need to stop blaming the NRA for gun violence.
There is no way to prove that statement.

You weren't talking about mass shootings.....
Guns don't pull their own triggers. We don't blame the car for car crashes. This is very tragic situation but again, guns aren't the problem, its the crazy people behind the trigger.
...I was just making it clear that your extreme position was inaccurate.
Everything I stated is true. Guns don't pull their own triggers. Cars aren't blamed for the car crashes. So why do we turn guns into the enemy? The second amendment has been proven historically to be cut and dry. And yes, no NRA member has ever committed a mass shooting with a firearm. But liberals have.
1. Still "no" - not every gun death is by someone crazy, which is what you asserted.

2. The 2nd amendments, as I am sure you realize, is not cut and dry....there are limitations.

3. Sometimes cars fail mechanically, resulting in crash....just sayin

4. There is no proof that all mass murders have been committed by non-NRA members. IF there is, please share it...
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

foreverlax wrote:
Bandito wrote:
foreverlax wrote:
Bandito wrote:
foreverlax wrote:Not all guns deaths occur as a result of the shooter being crazy.
No mass shootings have been committed by NRA members either. Your kind need to stop blaming the NRA for gun violence.
There is no way to prove that statement.

You weren't talking about mass shootings.....
Guns don't pull their own triggers. We don't blame the car for car crashes. This is very tragic situation but again, guns aren't the problem, its the crazy people behind the trigger.
...I was just making it clear that your extreme position was inaccurate.
Everything I stated is true. Guns don't pull their own triggers. Cars aren't blamed for the car crashes. So why do we turn guns into the enemy? The second amendment has been proven historically to be cut and dry. And yes, no NRA member has ever committed a mass shooting with a firearm. But liberals have.
1. Still "no" - not every gun death is by someone crazy, which is what you asserted.

2. The 2nd amendments, as I am sure you realize, is not cut and dry....there are limitations.

3. Sometimes cars fail mechanically, resulting in crash....just sayin

4. There is no proof that all mass murders have been committed by non-NRA members. IF there is, please share it...
Gun control is a failed policy. Criminals will always have guns. Law abiding citizens are the ones who are harmed by these policies.

1. Yes everyone who kills someone with a gun without it being self defense, is in fact crazy. Normal people don't shoot up people
2. Yes it is. Sadly it has been the Democrats who have manipulated the meaning of the second amendment
3. Sure they do, but people are charged for the crime, not the car nor the gun.
4. What NRA members have been mass shooters? See? Of course there isn't an easy way to prove either side, but the vast majority have been liberal leaning. The NRA teaches gun safety. They aren't at fault for any mass shooting. Getting rid of guns will only increase violent crime. Look at London. It is one of the most dangerous cities in the world despite banning guns. Lots of knife, and terrorist attacks and rapings.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Hmmm... Sen. Feinstein said that there have been hundreds of school shootings using ‘assault weapons’ that have taken place in recent history.

The BS meter is pegged on that one.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I wonder if he had his NRA card on him when he was arrested:

https://www.visaliatimesdelta.com/story ... 550310002/

Nunes' hometown.

Another guy that may have been a card carrying NRA member:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerard_John_Schaefer
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:I wonder if he had his NRA card on him when he was arrested:

Nunes' hometown.

uh, neither of those guys shot anybody.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:I wonder if he had his NRA card on him when he was arrested:

Nunes' hometown.

uh, neither of those guys shot anybody.....
My mind is foggy but I thought someone mentioned NRA members don’t commit crimes. An NRA member ha never used a gun to kill someone? Could be true.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I believe they said no mass shooters have been NRA members. But I too, could be wrong.

Of course bad guys/gals/whatever come in all sizes and shapes. And even political affiliations :o
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote:I believe they said no mass shooters have been NRA members. But I too, could be wrong.

Of course bad guys/gals/whatever come in all sizes and shapes. And even political affiliations :o
Humans are humans......maybe the answer is to make everyone a member of the NRA?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Waterloo for the NRA? Its donations to GOP candidates plunge 90 percent

Probably a little early to predict the demise of the gun nut lobby...but...90%??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

12 murdered in a bar in California by a former Marine reportedly with a pistol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 927840002/

Early speculation surrounding a history of PTSD and other mental issues, but I believe no motive has been confirmed.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

dislaxxic wrote:Waterloo for the NRA? Its donations to GOP candidates plunge 90 percent

Probably a little early to predict the demise of the gun nut lobby...but...90%??

Most of the NRA spending is NOT direct to candidates, but lobbying and indirect support (like running issue ads). It gets politicians in line by threatening ones out of line with ads running against them...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote:12 murdered in a bar in California by a former Marine reportedly with a pistol.

Early speculation surrounding a history of PTSD and other mental issues, but I believe no motive has been confirmed.
By definition, another bat shirt crazy A-hole. Five years in the USMC and only attained the rank of Corporal? Sounds like a shirt bird to me. Any family of victims gonna sue the healthcare "professional" for releasing this scumbag on us. Slippery slope, for sure, the mental health issue. Lots of false flags. But, if you can't join a gun club "militia", you can't own a handgun or semi besides a shotgun. Was pissed at the volunteer instructors for the Massachusettes hunter safety course a few years back. One guy kept on "joking" and pointing the plastic "toy" guns in peoples direction. What the heck. He was allowed to take the test, get his FID. I was furious and chewed the clown out. Mass Game & wildlife is a joke for letting this guy get his FID card and hunting license. We can do better. Put an addition on your house.....man.....the process is insane, intensive. Wanna buy a killing weapon....ummm....for DUHfense? No problem.

Funny, no pretend CONservative ever wants to focus on the "regulated militia" part of the 2nd........and when confronted on Constitutional intentions, simply get glazed looks in their eyes with the intention of our founders House of Reps. ratio vs population. 1 for every 30k. Either we are ALL in.......or just have the anarchy of moments.

Yes, criminals and crazies will always be able to get guns. So, if you aren't in the group, why are you afraid of being required, as per the US Constitution, to join a "well regulated militia" ? For feck sakes, you keep a blue fin tuna or undersized fish.......they can take your boat, rods, car/truck. But NO......no follow up on gun owners.

I own firearms......but these shooting PISS me the f off. We can do better. What does the NSA....im sorry, a CONsulting firm.....do with all that online-airwave surveillance? Make better CONsulting reports to their clients, by spying on their competition? you betcha. Keeping our US citizens safe? tertiary....if not further down the list.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Our thoughts and prayers...." Again. Welcome to the Monkey House.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

runrussellrun wrote:
holmes435 wrote:12 murdered in a bar in California by a former Marine reportedly with a pistol.

By definition, another bat shirt crazy A-hole. Five years in the USMC and only attained the rank of Corporal? Sounds like a shirt bird to me. Any family of victims gonna sue the healthcare "professional" for releasing this scumbag on us. Slippery slope, for sure, the mental health issue. Lots of false flags. But, if you can't join a gun club "militia", you can't own a handgun or semi besides a shotgun. Was ticked at the volunteer instructors for the Massachusettes hunter safety course a few years back. One guy kept on "joking" and pointing the plastic "toy" guns in peoples direction. What the heck. He was allowed to take the test, get his FID. I was furious and chewed the clown out. Mass Game & wildlife is a joke for letting this guy get his FID card and hunting license. We can do better. Put an addition on your house.....man.....the process is insane, intensive. Wanna buy a killing weapon....ummm....for DUHfense? No problem.

Funny, no pretend CONservative ever wants to focus on the "regulated militia" part of the 2nd........and when confronted on Constitutional intentions, simply get glazed looks in their eyes with the intention of our founders House of Reps. ratio vs population. 1 for every 30k. Either we are ALL in.......or just have the anarchy of moments.

Yes, criminals and crazies will always be able to get guns. So, if you aren't in the group, why are you afraid of being required, as per the US Constitution, to join a "well regulated militia" ? For feck sakes, you keep a blue fin tuna or undersized fish.......they can take your boat, rods, car/truck. But NO......no follow up on gun owners.

I own firearms......but these shooting tick me the f off. We can do better. What does the NSA....im sorry, a CONsulting firm.....do with all that online-airwave surveillance? Make better CONsulting reports to their clients, by spying on their competition? you betcha. Keeping our US citizens safe? tertiary....if not further down the list.
This follow up on a gun owner didn’t go so well.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryl ... story.html
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Marylands "red flag" HB 1302 bill is horrible, scary, scary stuff. Seriously, an old roomate that you kicked out b/c they didn't pay the rent can file for an ex parte petition? A brother in law that beat your sister can file. And there is no due process for defending yourself. No hearing. Nothing.

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2018RS/bills/hb/hb1302f.pdf

How many of these protective orders (117 statewide so far, bill became law on Oct. 1 ) have been DENIED so far? My geezness....nope, no room for abuse. Watch and see if the numbers rocket launch to thousands within the year. Nope, not a gun grab.

I understand the intent of this law, but to not let the accused defend themselves in a court before the guns are taken away, or even notify them, is a legal disaster. Thought the NRA was powerful. They will sue to stop this horrible law, correct?

Again, the intent of this law is noble and mostly agree with it, but clearly, the method and process is just horrible. If you read the bill, their are no descriptions of what criteria is used in handing out a protective order.

And the best part is , after the up to two years (b/c petitioner for order can extend it ), you are found to be "OK" to get your guns back, you have to pay a ransom for storage.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Police officer shoots and kills good guy with a gun
https://thinkprogress.org/police-kill-b ... 7b7b9dc0f/
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Cars aren't blamed for the car crashes."

Could this be a nominee for silliest post? Of course cars are blamed for car crashes. The Ford Explorer anyone? The lethality of cars is just one reason that their manufacture is closely regulated.

Thoughts and prayers and brazen silliness to protect a right that is not under assault is all we get from the gun rights types. Meanwhile, folks are dying in droves from gun violence.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU77 wrote:
Police officer shoots and kills good guy with a gun
https://thinkprogress.org/police-kill-b ... 7b7b9dc0f/

Chicago, eh. icon_puke

Here comes a whataboutism avalanche. obama, obama Rham, pretend liberals, rham, obama, obama, TUCC. What kind of third world country is this city? Who runs it?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

seacoaster wrote:"Cars aren't blamed for the car crashes."

Could this be a nominee for silliest post? Of course cars are blamed for car crashes. The Ford Explorer anyone? The lethality of cars is just one reason that their manufacture is closely regulated.
It's a bad analogy. Guns are extremely safe from a mechanical and safety standpoint when used correctly. They rarely fail with injury to the user or bystanders.

A better analogy would be "cars and trucks aren't blamed for car-related terrorism and murders." On that front, we are mostly defensive, with putting up bollards and other things. As far as car-related accidents, we put forth national campaigns to alter drivers' behaviors. Trying to eliminate drunk driving, texting and driving, driving slower, less distracted, etc. The only national campaign we have against gun violence is suicide prevention and awareness, and that isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to MADD, SADD, etc. The media does a good job of not glorifying suicide, and yet when it happens with nationally recognized people (see Robin Williams) we see a spike in suicides. The media could do the same with mass gun violence to limit copycats, and we could do a much better job with national mental health campaigns to help those in need, from Vets to the general populace.

Return to “POLITICS”