North Carolina 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Hawkeye

Re: North Carolina 2019

Post by Hawkeye »

Does anyone know how to buy tickets for the game in Atlanta (really Roswell, but whatever) against Mercer this weekend?

Neither Mercer's nor UNC's website have anything about it.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
molo

Post by molo »

Sounds as if the Heels had no problems with Mercer. Any info on lineups, scoring, etc.?
whoneedsahug?

Post by whoneedsahug? »

I was at the game and a few random observations:

The first string goaltender made some good saves. Wasnt called on nearly as often as Mercer goalie but UNC keeper made a few good ones.
Defense and middies played a solid physical game
Your number 3 has less than nothing to shoot at and he hits it.
Your number 77 had a sweet behind the back that went upper left corner with a good amount of speed 10-12 yards out.
Score could have been worse as in the first quarter many of UNC shots were just wide. Started to get more dialed in after that and hit the corners more instead of barely missing the net.
ABClaxfan

Post by ABClaxfan »

https://goheels.com/news/2019/2/2/mens- ... ercer.aspx

Interesting that freshmen Nicky Solomon and Jacob Kelly both started on attack. It seems like a lot of younger guys played and that the future is bright.
maddog9718

Post by maddog9718 »

ABClaxfan wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:52 pm https://goheels.com/news/2019/2/2/mens- ... ercer.aspx

Interesting that freshmen Nicky Solomon and Jacob Kelly both started on attack. It seems like a lot of younger guys played and that the future is bright.
looks like both freshman will be starting again against Furman.

https://goheels.com/news/2019/2/7/mens- ... urday.aspx

Will be interested to see how Tucci does at FO. His bio says that he's the fastest person on the team.
nyclaxfan

Post by nyclaxfan »

This is crazy: limited comments on UNC lacrosse after winning the championship three years ago.

AND, UNC started two freshman at attack in their first two games. The Kelly family dynasty is rolling with Jacob at attack getting the first two starts.

UNC may be onto something in terms of having a lot of great players rotating at midfield and beating other teams in transition with the shot clock.
Last edited by nyclaxfan on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oak St

Post by Oak St »

Biggest surprise through the first 2 games is the play of freshman Zach Tucci. 21-27 from the X with 10 ground balls is phenominal play from the youngster on Saturday.

Go Heels !!
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Oak St wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:51 pm Biggest surprise through the first 2 games is the play of freshman Zach Tucci. 21-27 from the X with 10 ground balls is phenominal play from the youngster on Saturday.

Go Heels !!
Easy to have phenominal play when you're playing Mercer and Furman.
Georgia Tech alumnus
2019 Georgia Tech lacrosse final record: 18-2; MCLA semifinalist
-
College lacrosse television schedules: https://markmhart9.wixsite.com/mysite
molo

Post by molo »

Harvard this Saturday could be a measuring stick.
Oak St

Post by Oak St »

Strong game from Tucci in the muck. 11 GBs and his wins should have been north of 20

Wasn’t expecting the freshman class to be this good / contributing this much early

Onto the posers that stole our colors

Go Heels !!
Boxster54

Post by Boxster54 »

The Heels looked better this weekend than last two, so they are trending in the right direction. I really like the freshman class, especially would like to see more of the twins 45 & 44, they have the potential to be traditional big size ACC style middies. With that said they are missing the best player from that class in Bowen! Tucci looks like he has stabilized the FOGO position. Harvard probably wishes he stayed committed to them. Pezulla is playing better so two key positions the Heels had trouble with last year appear to be much better. With Hopkins getting smashed in back to back games I'm sure they will be desperate for a W this coming weekend. It will be a real solid test of how good Carolina is but more importantly how mentally tough they are to face a desperate team. Should be another good game.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Thrilled to see Tanner Cook come alive. It's been a while. He did not live up to his potential last year, but he's showed early against a solid Harvard squad. Getting him back into things is gonna be significant, the kid can play. Heels are sleepers.......
maddog9718

Post by maddog9718 »

Wonder if the game this weekend could be moved to Sunday? Sat is 40s and rain, Sunday is 70 and sun.
nyclaxfan

Post by nyclaxfan »

I just saw that Nicky Solomon was kicker/punter on UNC’s football team! The highlights of the Hopkins game showed some good teamwork between Jacob Kelly and Nicky Solomon.
Boxster54

Post by Boxster54 »

Just saw on the UNC website that the game this Saturday against Denver will be played in the new redesigned stadium at 10am instead of 11am! The women will play their game against Northwestern following that. I hope ESPN can adjust the schedule and show it on the ACC Network. Not sure if the new grass is ready yet since its been down less than a month, but its got to be better than whatever they could do for Kenen! That was a mess and I doubt they could fix it in time to host two games this weekend with more rain expected starting Thursday. Wish they put down field turf but soccer rules down there. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new stadium and hope the both Heels teams can break it in with a win!

https://goheels.com/news/2017/8/6/athle ... dates.aspx
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

Boxster54 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:46 pm Just saw on the UNC website that the game this Saturday against Denver will be played in the new redesigned stadium at 10am instead of 11am! The women will play their game against Northwestern following that. I hope ESPN can adjust the schedule and show it on the ACC Network. Not sure if the new grass is ready yet since its been down less than a month, but its got to be better than whatever they could do for Kenen! That was a mess and I doubt they could fix it in time to host two games this weekend with more rain expected starting Thursday. Wish they put down field turf but soccer rules down there. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new stadium and hope the both Heels teams can break it in with a win!

https://goheels.com/news/2017/8/6/athle ... dates.aspx
Great to hear. Hope the new field is nice.
Trumansburger

Post by Trumansburger »

Watching DU-UNC on ESPN+. New stadium and field look great!
Doesn't look like it has been named yet. Any takers?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Trumansburger wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 am Watching DU-UNC on ESPN+. New stadium and field look great!
Doesn't look like it has been named yet. Any takers?
I seem to be getting the game without paying, so I think it must be the ACC network on ESPN.

New field looks nice and the stadium looks nice, although I am not too high on the light blue seats. :lol:

7-7 9:31 in the 3rd
9=9 end of 3rd
12-9 Denver 4:49 to go. UNC man-up
12-10 Perry scores
12-10 Denver final
Live Free or Die!
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

With that many turnovers, I would've expected Denver to blow them out, but these two teams looked evenly matched. Way, way to many bad choices from Carolina.

It's 10 below and snowing in my neck of the woods, so this was a beauty to look at. I'm a fan of the powder blue seats!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”