Navy 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Navy 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DongDenMt wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:23 am https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/D ... enter.aspx

Yes nearly 25 million. Granted this was mainly from one 22 million dollar donation. And that resulted from Joe and his relationship with one particular donor.

It could be more than 25 million by now but I know for sure it’s at least 22 million,
Alright well that makes more sense and refutes OS argument that it’s this broad based pent up supply of dollars. Thanks.

This also doesn’t actually say he’s raised it. Looks like it’s also coed not dedicated to mens. I know numerous D1 institutions that get an anchor gift and commence construction prior to all funding being received. Common in fact. So we don’t really know what’s he’s actually raised. Sometimes constructions starts w 20% funded.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

gymman1031 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:50 am My biggest wish is that Navy does well enough in 2024 for the negative posts regarding Amplo and the current state of the program to be from slim to none.
And if not you’ll start a “is it time for Amplo to go” thread surely.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DongDenMt wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:05 am
gymman1031 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:50 am My biggest wish is that Navy does well enough in 2024 for the negative posts regarding Amplo and the current state of the program to be from slim to none.

My biggest wish is that Joe is there at least as long as mine is.

Looking at the next two years worth of commits it looks like at least 9- 10 four star recruits and a small handful of 3 star plus a list of no stars attached each year. So it looks like the pipeline is healthy.

Unfortunately the list at USMA looks very similar.

I do wonder if any of those Joe must go posts are from the one spying on practice that was physically chased away from practice by one of the lax trainers?
I agree. The players are the ones that have been screwed the past 8 plus years with so many coaching changes.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 11:56 am
And if not you’ll start a “is it time for Amplo to go” thread surely.
Nope. I still think he deserves at least a few more years.
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

When does Amplo realize Phipps is his replacement?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Creasedive wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:05 pm When does Amplo realize Phipps is his replacement?
The replacement at OC? Or his replacement as in being the next head coach?
Creasedive

Post by Creasedive »

He’s already OC.
lorin

Post by lorin »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 12:02 pm

Looking at the next two years worth of commits it looks like at least 9- 10 four star recruits and a small handful of 3 star plus a list of no stars attached each year. So it looks like the pipeline is healthy.

I do wonder if any of those Joe must go posts are from the one spying on practice that was physically chased away from practice by one of the lax trainers?
I agree. The players are the ones that have been screwed the past 8 plus years with so many coaching changes.
Here we go with the 4 stars, lol
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

lorin wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:43 pm

not following you.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
lorin

Post by lorin »

youthathletics wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:06 pm

not following you.
Read above, every year you guys talk about the great 4 star recruits, and yet can’t make it to Friday.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Creasedive wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:32 pm He’s already OC.
So is Phipps who you are calling as next head coach?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

lorin wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:06 pm

not following you.
Read above, every year you guys talk about the great 4 star recruits, and yet can’t make it to Friday.
Gotcha, I wasn’t only referring to the chronic new OC’s every 2-3 years.
~Livy
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

While Navy's rival, I think it is great to see Army doing so well so far in the postseason! And, after last night against Maryland, I am even more hungry to see Navy have a moment like that in the NCAA Tournament. People criticize me sometimes for talking too much about coaches and what their status is. But folks, I have total confidence in Joe Amplo, and I totally believe that he definitely COULD lead Navy to such a moment in the postseason someday!

CHEERS!
lorin

Post by lorin »

gymman1031 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:13 am While Navy's rival, I think it is great to see Army doing so well so far in the postseason! And, after last night against Maryland, I am even more hungry to see Navy have a moment like that in the NCAA Tournament. People criticize me sometimes for talking too much about coaches and what their status is. But folks, I have total confidence in Joe Amplo, and I totally believe that he definitely COULD lead Navy to such a moment in the postseason someday!

CHEERS!
I would love see Navy fans come out next week and support Army , and remind people how special our Boys and girls are in the SA and at the end of the day we are all one.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I will be there and may be purchasing Army gear for the first time, or may just keep my Navy gear on and attend the Army tailgate in solidarity.

Will also be cheering for Wellner as he returns.
~Livy
lorin

Post by lorin »

youthathletics wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:37 am I will be there and may be purchasing Army gear for the first time, or may just keep my Navy gear on and attend the Army tailgate in solidarity.

Will also be cheering for Wellner as he returns.
Awesome
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

That's right! Coach Wellner will be back. By the way, will be interesting to see if he ends up being a head coach someday or has a tremendous full career as a top assistant.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

I know several of you, and for good reason, have a soft-side for Holy Cross coach JL Reppert. So, here is my question:

Kevin Warne, a former assistant of John Tillman's at Maryland, got things rolling at Georgetown when he had most to all of his own players.

Kevin Conry, also a former Tills assistant at Maryland, has done the same at Michigan.

Could JL Reppert, yet another current head coach who was with John at Maryland, make it a trifecta, regardless of how soon, at Holy Cross?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

gymman1031 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 5:15 pm I know several of you, and for good reason, have a soft-side for Holy Cross coach JL Reppert. So, here is my question:

Kevin Warne, a former assistant of John Tillman's at Maryland, got things rolling at Georgetown when he had most to all of his own players.

Kevin Conry, also a former Tills assistant at Maryland, has done the same at Michigan.

Could JL Reppert, yet another current head coach who was with John at Maryland, make it a trifecta, regardless of how soon, at Holy Cross?
Tills Coached JL his 4 years at Navy as well.
~Livy
FactChecker

Post by FactChecker »

lorin wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:30 am I would love see Navy fans come out next week and support Army , and remind people how special our Boys and girls are in the SA and at the end of the day we are all one.
Do you honestly think that if the roles were reversed and Navy was playing a QF at West Point that Army fans would support Navy?

Because I sure don't.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”