D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: ACC Final -- BC v. UNC High Noon Sunday

Post by wlaxphan20 »

10 TOs in the second half for UNC
njbill

Post by njbill »

Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:03 pm terrible non-call. Playing defense w/o a stick?
Of course, the Boston player took the stick out of the North Carolina player’s hand and then threw it away. Probably a good non-call there.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:13 pm 10 TOs in the second half for UNC
Big collapse by Carolina. Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers.

When you are going up against a cold goalie, you have to take shots. They didn’t.

Credit to the Boston defense (excluding the goalie).
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, you've really got to tip your hat to AWW (and staff), ultimately it's the girls on the field who win or lose a game but she sure seems to have a way of getting her girls to peak performance when it's most needed. Fantastic performance.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:12 pm They have to change the rule on fouls below GLE. Clock should stop so offense can get to the dot and defense can go behind.
In high school, the clock does stop on fouls in the critical scoring area in the last two minutes. I guess that isn’t the case in college?
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:15 pm Wow, you've really got to tip your hat to AWW (and staff), ultimately it's the girls on the field who win or lose a game but she sure seems to have a way of getting her girls to peak performance when it's most needed. Fantastic performance.
Congrats to BC
PhanLax99

Post by PhanLax99 »

Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:20 pm
Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:03 pm terrible non-call. Playing defense w/o a stick?
big miss by the interviewer of Jenny Levy right after half. As Levy prattled on about enforcing teh rules, the announcer should have asked Levy about her own player playing defense on the shooter without her stick.

I can do without the sermon from Levy on the rules at half. Especially in a game where the calls were going there way.

Congrats to BC. Tremendous adjustments and to win their first ACC title after losing North is a great program achievement!
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

If you told me that Dolce would have two saves and Medjid would be held scoreless I’d bet the house on UNC. BC defense was insane in second half.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:26 pm If you told me that Dolce would have two saves and Medjid would be held scoreless I’d bet the house on UNC. BC defense was insane in second half.
🙌🏻
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

PhanLax99 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:25 pm
Big Dog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:20 pm
big miss by the interviewer of Jenny Levy right after half. As Levy prattled on about enforcing teh rules, the announcer should have asked Levy about her own player playing defense on the shooter without her stick.

I can do without the sermon from Levy on the rules at half. Especially in a game where the calls were going there way.

Congrats to BC. Tremendous adjustments and to win their first ACC title after losing North is a great program achievement!
"after losing North..." They never won with her there...
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

Fischer wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:31 pm
Brownlax wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:26 pm If you told me that Dolce would have two saves and Medjid would be held scoreless I’d bet the house on UNC. BC defense was insane in second half.
🙌🏻
I think Medjid had a consecutive goals/game streak going
njbill

Post by njbill »

Four shots by UNC in the second half, one in the fourth quarter.

I thought Boston’s initial defensive game plan was dumb, face guarding Godine. She’s playing very well for a freshman, but I don’t think she warrants a face card. Boston has a lot of good 1 v. 1 defenders who could have shut her down, and did later.

Carolina was able to pick apart the Boston defense when they were playing 6 v. 6.

Once Boston dropped the face guard defense, their defensive play picked up several notches.

Having said all that, I think Jen Kent is an excellent defensive coach.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm Four shots by UNC in the second half, one in the fourth quarter.

I thought Boston’s initial defensive game plan was dumb, face guarding Godine. She’s playing very well for a freshman, but I don’t think she warrants a face card. Boston has a lot of good 1 v. 1 defenders who could have shut her down, and did later.

Carolina was able to pick apart the Boston defense when they were playing 6 v. 6.

Once Boston dropped the face guard defense, their defensive play picked up several notches.

to me - as has happened throughout the season with UNC. no leadership stepping up to be the go-to person. Clearly thats not Wurtzburger although this was supposed to be her team with year with the loss of dominant players last year. tough to rely on freshmen. 10 TOs in 2nd half is ridiculous. Seemed like a total team meltdown.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta give a tip of the hat to BC's Charolette North too.
Professional look from head to toe, well spoken, succinct
analysis of play/situations, very knowledgeable (needless
to say). I think she's pretty darn good.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

DMac wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:04 pm Gotta give a tip of the hat to BC's Charolette North too.
Professional look from head to toe, well spoken, succinct
analysis of play/situations, very knowledgeable (needless
to say). I think she's pretty darn good.
I agree I think adding Charlotte North to the broadcast is a big plus!
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:37 pm Four shots by UNC in the second half, one in the fourth quarter.

that and this UNC team's offense is average, at best. Last year's UNC team would be this year's team by 10+
njbill

Post by njbill »

8meterPA wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:16 pm

that and this UNC team's offense is average, at best.
I agree. BC offense isn't especially strong either, but they put the ball in the back of the net enough times in the second half to get the W.

UNC on the other hand seemed to go into a shell. How can you only take four shots in the second half when the goalie you are shooting at is letting almost everything in?
njbill

Post by njbill »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:02 pm

to me - as has happened throughout the season with UNC. no leadership stepping up to be the go-to person. Clearly thats not Wurtzburger although this was supposed to be her team with year with the loss of dominant players last year. tough to rely on freshmen. 10 TOs in 2nd half is ridiculous. Seemed like a total team meltdown.
+1. Well said.
Madlax59

Post by Madlax59 »

njbill wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:32 pm
8meterPA wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:16 pm

that and this UNC team's offense is average, at best.
I agree. BC offense isn't especially strong either, but they put the ball in the back of the net enough times in the second half to get the W.

UNC on the other hand seemed to go into a shell. How can you only take four shots in the second half when the goalie you are shooting at is letting almost everything in?
BC Goalie Tourney MVP :shock:
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

Madlax59 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:02 pm

UNC took advantage of the long to no slide early, especially on that alley. I thought FG was unnecessary too, and dug BC in a hole. AWW also made a change at the draw and put in Herod, and HS on the circle. I know they are limiting her minutes but HS is just so vital in the middle of the field.
CW was never going to be a dominant offensive force or creator on her own, IMO.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”