UVA at UNC Friday

D1 Mens Lacrosse
rcolter

Re: UVA at UNC Friday

Post by rcolter »

Frankly think UNC just isn't that good this year, haven't watched them play but looked at their schedule for the first time and was shocked they are ranked 9
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

North Carolina D needs to get more physical.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Carolina looks awful. Man do I wish we had that early season game back.
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

Solid bounce-back.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

rasheed wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:10 pm Solid bounce-back.
19 goals scored with Shellenberger on the sideline against an ACC team, I will take it. This win gives us some breathing room with 2 big games left against the top 2 teams. Looks like we are solidly in the tournament and can focus on getting healthy and improve for tournament.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Shellenberger was obviously hindered for several games.

Nice win by UVA without him but their title chances are lessened if he is not close to 100% .

Gonna need more rest if hammie given how he pivots
Finster

Post by Finster »

UVA looked great.

UNC looked awful.

No other way to describe the game. Lacrosse is such a game of contagion. I feel like it’s frequent that a team feels it top to bottom, both positively or negatively.

In the first half, UNC’s FOGO seemed to have at least a 50/50 with Lasalla; the second half felt like all Lasalla.

The youngster Sunderland is getting such quality time to be the next UVA offensive leader. He’s imo not ready right now, or at the least he’s not close to Shellenberger in capability, but he’s out there in great games just getting quality minutes. This will really help UVA in the years to come.

Nunes had an absolutely lights out good game. Stuffed a lot of tough UNC shots in the first half.

UVA parents travel well, fwiw. Good group.

I’m just not sure about the Heels and the lacrosse culture there. Almost every position was off. Joe is a great guy, he’s got unmatched facilities and a draw. But something feels off with that team. Hard to explain. Agree with some of the other posters.

Bear in mind UVA’s top player wasn’t playing, while Lars is stockpiling redshirt freshmen that would make the tournament by themselves. Carolina has some soul searching to do.

Weather wasn’t as bad as we thought.

I still think UVA is the top team in NCAA D1.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Nice thing that can come from playing without your "alpha" is that the other guys can figure out that they are capable of getting it done. Not that Xander or Cormier didn't know that, but I think the rest of the offense learned a very good lesson about their abilities.

When you pair that with Shelly's willingness to share the ball and the UVA offense could come back even stronger than it was prior to this game. That's a pretty exciting prospect for UVA fans.

But, if Shelly can't get back to full strength, opposition now has tape on these other guys - can they sustain that performance in the face of better preparation?

UVA fans hops we don't have to find out.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”