VIRGINIA Lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
dense

Re: VIRGINIA Lacrosse

Post by dense »

wahoomurf wrote:I was asked about my impressions of recruit Dan Parker of St.Anthony's H.S. on Long Island. He was cleared to play FB, Thursday. Friday night, he made a bunch of catches as St. A's beat N.J. Powerhouse Delbarton. The kid has quick feet, ran good routes and has soft hands. I don't remember him as an impact lacrosse player. But It's pretty clear he's a good athlete.

Any scuttlebutt on LaSalla?

Love to hear comments about Fall Ball. Thanks in advance.
Delbarton is far from a NJ powerhouse in football, they are however considered a top program in lacrosse and usually ranked in the top 20 nationally , many of their lax kids tend to wind up at Villanova.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

blue angels wrote:
HooDat wrote:
MrLax2U wrote:
Try getting the players to respect the coach.
Is there an inside story on this you might share with us?

I thought Coach Tiffany and his assistants were popular with the team; at least as compared with the two Starsias.
I am guessing any "story" around this theme is ultimately going to be traceable to someone who was "favored" under the old regime, and is not getting the same accolades under the new regime. That or it is someone who is balking at the heightened expectations from the new staff. Everything I hear and saw from very, very afar is that coach Tiffany is a great coach to play for - engaged, energetic, focused, communicative, competitive.
What story? Until and unless someone presents some actual facts about something, it looks like the same old drive by negative vague cheap shot at Virginia from a non Virginia fan that was routinely posted on our Laxpower thread. Ps, we cant wait to play your team again this year.
Agreed, pretty silly statement, or worse, trolling.

I agree with HooDat's description of everything we've heard coming out of the program about the coaches and "respect".
laxmaven

Post by laxmaven »

HooDat wrote:
MrLax2U wrote:

I thought Coach Tiffany and his assistants were popular with the team; at least as compared with the two Starsias.
I am guessing any "story" around this theme is ultimately going to be traceable to someone who was "favored" under the old regime, and is not getting the same accolades under the new regime. That or it is someone who is balking at the heightened expectations from the new staff. Everything I hear and saw from very, very afar is that coach Tiffany is a great coach to play for - engaged, energetic, focused, communicative, competitive.

Geez Tiffany why not just include your resume also.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

dense wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:I was asked about my impressions of recruit Dan Parker of St.Anthony's H.S. on Long Island. He was cleared to play FB, Thursday. Friday night, he made a bunch of catches as St. A's beat N.J. Lacrosse Powerhouse Delbarton. The kid has quick feet, ran good routes and has soft hands. I don't remember him as an impact lacrosse player. But It's pretty clear he's a good athlete.

Delbarton is far from a NJ powerhouse in football, they are however considered a top program in lacrosse and usually ranked in the top 20 nationally, many of their lax kids tend to wind up at Villanova.
Delbarton lost to Somerville and St.Anthony's in Football, making them 0-2. Delbarton was once a feeder school for Princeton and Duke lacrosse.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

laxmaven wrote:
HooDat wrote:
MrLax2U wrote:

Geez Tiffany why not just include your resume also.
Yup, trolling.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wahoomurf wrote:I was asked about my impressions of recruit Dan Parker of St.Anthony's H.S. on Long Island. He was cleared to play FB, Thursday. Friday night, he made a bunch of catches as St. A's beat N.J. Powerhouse Delbarton. The kid has quick feet, ran good routes and has soft hands. I don't remember him as an impact lacrosse player. But It's pretty clear he's a good athlete.

Good info. I don’t know the extent of Conrad’s injuries but a big question is whether he is even practicing yet?
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:Yup, trolling.
I have never resorted to using the "block" feature - but I am about to. A universal use of it and all of a sudden someone is talking to himself in a corner.
uh-huh.jpg
uh-huh.jpg (23.11 KiB) Viewed 4604 times
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
seriously?

Post by seriously? »

Delbarton is a lot of things but not a powerhouse in football. Now, if he had that kind of success v St. Joe's, Don Bosco, Bergen Catholic, different story.
seriously?

Post by seriously? »

As to Delbarton and lacrosse, you had Conor Mackie at Yale, Peter Welch at Duke, Jordon Dowiak at Cornell
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

IL ranked Lasalla as their 8th best FOGO. That seems like he is being undervalued for his rep on Long Island. Regardless the whole Virginia class is ridiculous on paper, and especially at midfield.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HooDat: I just edited your opening post to add this Virginia Lacrosse > 2019 Virginia Lacrosse at the top of the page. In coming years, we'll do it differently but, for now, I just wanted to see what it looked like at the top of the page and... it should be at the top of the page. I hope this is OK.

HooDat and HowieT3: Don't panic when you see these UVA Webpages. I'm creating a template of sorts and you were the first two avatars in the 2019 UVA thread so you drew the short straws. You've committed to nothing. And, considering it's September, I'm guessing you won't be barraged with PMs and e-mails saying, Where's the UVA 2019 schedule?! etc. Like above, I hope this is OK.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

UVA is good and... So young. Lars will walk away with a National Title and soon.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

Sooooo, is Lars gonna pull any 2020 recruits or what? I thought this "big wait" and fast-paced O was supposed to pay off. :o
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Nah, he's gonna skip that class.....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote:Nah, he's gonna skip that class.....
Where's the clap emoji?
:lol: :roll:

Wondering whether 'laxmaven' came back as 'laxter'.
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
Where's the clap emoji?

Or 'Laxter' just came back as 'Laxter.'

Calm down, fellers. I'm one of the good guys--- jut surprised at zero new recruits thus far.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Laxter wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
Where's the clap emoji?

Or 'Laxter' just came back as 'Laxter.'

Calm down, fellers. I'm one of the good guys--- jut surprised at zero new recruits thus far.
Glad to hear it... :D

I suspect this is an "announced" matter, not that Lars doesn't have a bunch of recruits lined up. My hunch would be that there are some kids who are listed elsewhere (from the ER process) that will end up at UVA.

It'll certainly be interesting how the 20 and 21 classes shape up. I was just talking to a heavyweight JHU supporter and, in his well-informed opinion, UVA's '18 and '19 classes are the top 2 combined nationally. I tend to be skeptical about such ratings as so much can be impacted by injuries and maturity bursts. But better to be landing well-regarded players than not!

BTW, I suggest you add a '52 and a '70 to your tagline of UVA men's national championship lacrosse seasons...
Chips O'Toole

Post by Chips O'Toole »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:I suspect this is an "announced" matter, not that Lars doesn't have a bunch of recruits lined up. My hunch would be that there are some kids who are listed elsewhere (from the ER process) that will end up at UVA.
Yes. And when I saw 3 or 4 of the 2020 early (pre-new rules) commits who recently changed their commitments to Harvard, I immediately thought that Lars was probably also hot on their trail. As I heard another top D1 head coach say recently "if a kid can get into Harvard, he should go to Harvard." Can't disagree with that. I'd expect we will have 7-8 excellent 2020s by Thanksgiving.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

The Penn State scrimmage on October 7th will be a really good test on where Virginia is in the Fall. Some of their fans on their thread think this will be their best team ever and they expect to challenge for the Big 10 regular season title, Big 10 Tournament title and go past quarters in the tourney. Their expectations sound fairly similar to the ACC in ours except for this being our best team ever.
wahoomurf

VIRGINIA Lacrosse

Post by wahoomurf »

I received this a few minutes ago. Will was an amazing leader and a terrific young man. Hope you will share this with as many folks as you can. A great event for an important cause.

https://www.gofundme.com/will-barrow-me ... tournament

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”