Toughest/Softest Lacrosse Schedule 2023?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Toughest/Softest Lacrosse Schedule 2023?

Post by wgdsr »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:53 pm The silence from an otherwise vocal “league” is deafening especially considering their repeated posts last year about this issue and how it benefitted them.
what do you mean, specifically?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:23 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:52 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:43 pm
xxxxxxx wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:10 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:24 am
10stone5 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:19 am I’m not seeing a lot among the top 25 in terms of cupcake
scheduling.

It does look like, though, teams like Jacksonville and Delaware
are hamstrung a bit to get tougher schedules due to their
own in-conference schedules.
I realize non-con scheduling is not entirely up to them but no one is forcing Delaware to play Lafayette, UMBC, Mount St. Mary’s, AND St. John’s out of conference.
I know from a solid source Delaware tried to get games with Penn Princeton PennSt and Duke dropped them, no one wants to play a senior led team who got to the final 8 last year. Scheduling is very difficult and changes year to year.
everyone wants to play a team that would be #8 rpi. delaware's rpi was nowhere near that. what you don't want to play is a team that might be in the 20s rpi that can beat you. you have to work your way up. it's why loyola can get a schedule every year. even after a +20 rpi last year.
You can’t work your way up if teams don’t / won’t play you. Then those high RPI teams want to make sure they too are playing ‘potentially’ high ranked RPI teams. Much like life, it’s the haves and the have nots.

Just another reason why RPI should not be the barometer metric in lacrosse.
yeah, not true at all. not saying it's easy. win your way up. it may be more difficult in a mid-major conference, but that's the path. at least they tell you this.
Oh, I agree it’s the path. Have experienced it first hand coaching in HS. We didn’t get deeper into the playoffs until our conference changed and allowed more OOC games. Won a state championship a couple years later. Players realized we CAN compete with top ranked schools.

My point, is we even had problems scheduling OOC games with top ranked HS’s b/c most others were trying to do the same. And yes, we had plenty give us the Heisman look. It is even more complicated in college logistically. We where willing to travel at their convenience.
you had trouble scheduling good games after winning a state championship? i never did. you need a new scheduler.
no, prior to making playoffs is when we had issue. Post playoff and championship run, it was easy.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:21 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:19 am I’m not seeing a lot among the top 25 in terms of cupcake
scheduling.

I realize non-con scheduling is not entirely up to them but no one is forcing Delaware to play Lafayette, UMBC, Mount St. Mary’s, AND St. John’s out of conference.
I know from a solid source Delaware tried to get games with Penn Princeton PennSt and Duke dropped them, no one wants to play a senior led team who got to the final 8 last year. Scheduling is very difficult and changes year to year.
everyone wants to play a team that would be #8 rpi. delaware's rpi was nowhere near that. what you don't want to play is a team that might be in the 20s rpi that can beat you. you have to work your way up. it's why loyola can get a schedule every year. even after a +20 rpi last year.
You can’t work your way up if teams don’t / won’t play you. Then those high RPI teams want to make sure they too are playing ‘potentially’ high ranked RPI teams. Much like life, it’s the haves and the have nots.

yeah, not true at all. not saying it's easy. win your way up. it may be more difficult in a mid-major conference, but that's the path. at least they tell you this.
Oh, I agree it’s the path. Have experienced it first hand coaching in HS. We didn’t get deeper into the playoffs until our conference changed and allowed more OOC games. Won a state championship a couple years later. Players realized we CAN compete with top ranked schools.

My point, is we even had problems scheduling OOC games with top ranked HS’s b/c most others were trying to do the same. And yes, we had plenty give us the Heisman look. It is even more complicated in college logistically. We where willing to travel at their convenience.
you had trouble scheduling good games after winning a state championship? i never did. you need a new scheduler.
no, prior to making playoffs is when we had issue. Post playoff and championship run, it was easy.
right. so you agree with me, you have to win your way up?
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm Much like life, it’s the haves and the have nots.
Yes
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm Just another reason why RPI should not be the barometer metric in lacrosse.
Double yes
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ICGrad wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm Much like life, it’s the haves and the have nots.
Yes
youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:04 pm Just another reason why RPI should not be the barometer metric in lacrosse.
Double yes
rpi is not the problem.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Yes
Double yes
Last year, Notre Dame deserved a bid beating Detroit, Michigan, Marquette, Duke , UNC and Syracuse. None of them made the NCAA but ND and Duke “deserved” a bid….ask Quint and Anish.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:58 pm
Yes
Double yes
Last year, Notre Dame deserved a bid beating Detroit, Michigan, Marquette, Duke , UNC and Syracuse. None of them made the NCAA but ND and Duke “deserved” a bid….ask Quint and Anish.
notre dame beat duke twice. and they were #7. what were tosu's and rutgers' best wins?
duke beat more teams in the top 20 than anyone ever has and been left out. by 2, 5 to 3.

but the system is fine. can't wait for selection sunday. i'm ready.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:03 pm
Yes
Double yes
notre dame beat duke twice. and they were #7. what were tosu's and rutgers' best wins?
duke beat more teams in the top 20 than anyone ever has and been left out. by 2, 5 to 3.

I was naming the teams. Beat Duke two times and Syracuse two times. They were better than those two teams, clearly. Should have played them 3 times each. Maybe they would have deserved it then.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Yes
Double yes

Well then let's just call the season and crown ND now.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:12 pm
Yes
Double yes

Funny how there has been more whining about ND and less about Duke ( I actually thought Duke would be in before Harvard but what I think doesn’t matter.)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:32 pm
scheduling.

That’s not where we were disagreeing. Read my 1st paragraph in this quoted thread. It’s not as easy as just ‘winning up’ when scheduling these higher RPI teams is THE challenge and THEY have to also be accommodating AND be mindful of travel, midweek, and available dates.

And yes RPI is just stupid for such a small sample size. And No, I do not have a better metric.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:11 pm
Yes
Double yes

I was naming the teams. Beat Duke two times and Syracuse two times. They were better than those two teams, clearly. Should have played them 3 times each. Maybe they would have deserved it then.
lol. do they not count conference tourney results now? do those wins not count? funny, i watch the boards some, and i have never once seen you discount those. and no one in power seems to ever have done it, either. and yet here... you've done it maybe a dozen? times? weird.

your "on the bubble" stance is shaky. seems selective.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:16 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:32 pm
scheduling.

That’s not where we were disagreeing. Read my 1st paragraph in this quoted thread. It’s not as easy as just ‘winning up’ when scheduling these higher RPI teams is THE challenge and THEY have to also be accommodating AND be mindful of travel, midweek, and available dates.

And yes RPI is just stupid for such a small sample size. And No, I do not have a better metric.
maybe i wasn't clear. you have to win 1st. that's what i mean by winning up. you have to win first. once you do that, then you are "part of the club". it only makes sense that you'll struggle to get games when you're in the hoi polloi. the top teams can only schedule so many games, and that means the "strivers"... have to win 1st.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Yes
Double yes

i am sooo looking forward to the posts on teams left out. think you may be among them? who's your squad?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

scheduling.

This was my understanding as well, although I wasn’t sure of which teams.
Usually, the Hens are one of the first schedules out, so that tells
me Deluca was working to get top xx teams on this year’s schedule.
UPenn seems like a natural to get on the Hens schedule, they did get a scrimmage this year so maybe that’s a prelude to getting Penn on a regular schedule.
Penn State has played the Hens 25 times, but none since State left the CAA, so another mystery.
Getting on Princeton’s schedule seems like a natural as well, then of course, Cornell at some point given DeLuca’s background.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:55 pm
Yes
Double yes
rpi is not the problem.
RPI is a huge problem. Year in, year out.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ICGrad wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:55 pm
Yes
Double yes
rpi is not the problem.
RPI is a huge problem. Year in, year out.
ok.. solution?

ftr, rpi had nothing to do with anything last year.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:19 pm
Yes
Double yes

lol. do they not count conference tourney results now? do those wins not count? funny, i watch the boards some, and i have never once seen you discount those. and no one in power seems to ever have done it, either. and yet here... you've done it maybe a dozen? times? weird.

How did those ACC conferences games work out? ND had a chance for the AQ? My bubble stance is “don’t be on the bubble”.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:27 pm
Yes
Double yes

i am sooo looking forward to the posts on teams left out. think you may be among them? who's your squad?
You mean like every year when a bubble team is left out? You mean those posts? Read them from last year….no need to wait.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:19 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:19 pm
Yes
Double yes

How did those ACC conferences games work out? ND had a chance for the AQ? My bubble stance is “don’t be on the bubble”.
what's the bubble?
you didn't answer my rutgers and tosu questions. selection sunday is going to be interesting. i have zero sympathy. even for the #2. don't care.

hooever they select is hooever they select.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”