Fallball 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
TronLax1

Re: Fallball 2022

Post by TronLax1 »

American Boy Fall Brawl 2022-October 22nd in Ocean City New Jersey will have several of the top D3 teams in the country competing in the scrimmages. Cabrini, Stockton, and Elizabethtown are playing in the event. Great fundraising activity to bring the lacrosse community together in support of families struggling to overcome addiction.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

TronLax1 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:25 pm American Boy Fall Brawl 2022-October 22nd in Ocean City New Jersey will have several of the top D3 teams in the country competing in the scrimmages. Cabrini, Stockton, and Elizabethtown are playing in the event. Great fundraising activity to bring the lacrosse community together in support of families struggling to overcome addiction.
Excellent cause. In case you want more info or want to donate;

https://www.americanboy.org/lacrosse-tournament
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

10/01 - St. Marys/Arcadia/Essex @ Essex
10/02- Susquehanna/F&M @ F&M
10/09- Eastern/Ursinus/Marymount @
10/09- St John Fisher/Pace/Marist @ Marist
10/09- WNE/Bentley/St. Anslem @ Springfield
10/16- Stevenson/HarfordCC/Muhlenberg @ Stevenson
10/16- RIT/Gettysburg/Le Moyne @ RIT
10/16- Union/Siena/Mercy @ Siena
10/22- York/Lynchburg/Dickinson @ Lynchburg
10/30- W&L/VMI/Lenoir-Rhyne @ VMI
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

2laxers wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:26 pm 10/01 - St. Marys/Arcadia/Essex @ Essex
10/02- Susquehanna/F&M @ F&M
10/09- Eastern/Ursinus/Marymount @
10/09- St John Fisher/Pace/Marist @ Marist
10/09- WNE/Bentley/St. Anslem @ Springfield
10/16- Stevenson/HarfordCC/Muhlenberg @ Stevenson
10/16- RIT/Gettysburg/Le Moyne @ RIT
10/16- Union/Siena/Mercy @ Siena
10/22- York/Lynchburg/Dickinson @ Lynchburg
10/30- W&L/VMI/Lenoir-Rhyne @ VMI
Skidmore, MIT and Endicott are also at Springfield on 10/9
Rockeater

Post by Rockeater »

'Crosse Out Cancer 2022 Event in Canton, OH 10/8
https://www.brlax.net/wp-content/upload ... le-1-2.pdf
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

Rockeater wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:01 pm 'Crosse Out Cancer 2022 Event in Canton, OH 10/8
https://www.brlax.net/wp-content/upload ... le-1-2.pdf
Great event and cause. Balanced lineup of teams as well
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

One goal from Gettysburg vs LeMoyne @ RIT. https://twitter.com/mpn_bchavez/status/ ... m3Fy3uX6-Q

The person who made the tweet has a few others if you look at his other tweets.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

SJF Lost to Marist by 5-6 and looked to be tied with Pace through 3 quarters.

Anyone at the Springfield College scrimmages or the RIT play day?
BIGDAWG

Post by BIGDAWG »

lax1983 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:21 am SJF Lost to Marist by 5-6 and looked to be tied with Pace through 3 quarters.

Anyone at the Springfield College scrimmages or the RIT play day?
I was able to see the games at Springfield and it was dunkin.
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

Any notes from the games?
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

lax1983 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:43 am Any notes from the games?
I caught a few of the afternoon games. St. Anselm beat up Springfield and WNEU pretty good. None of the WNEU goalies looked good at all. Very sloppy all over the place. FOGO won very few. Sloppy offense. Might be a rough year. Springfield looked Ok, similar to last year. St. As looked really good. Looked like mid-season form for them.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Pretty good write up for RIT and Gettysburg

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article ... eces/60309
lax1983

Post by lax1983 »

Rit vs Le Moyne https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/311667/Roc ... s-Lacrosse

Looks like it was 12-5 Le Moyne for the final vs the Tigers, factor in subs at the end of the third or fourth quarter. Did any one get more specifics about Gburg vs Le moyne? The article said dolphins youth is what kept it "close".
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

Not sure what you mean. Cumulative goals for the two games….Tigers swept all 4Q versus LeMoyne and won 12-6. Ultimately, Tigers won cumulative match-up with Getty 13-6, but that included 7-0 in the third quarter. Gettysburg looked excellent in the first half and their goalie was outstanding. Again, this is fall ball, but if I’m a Gettysburg fan I would be greatly enthused by these early results. My Tigers need to clean a lot of things up, but it’s hard to overcome all the losses from graduation in just a few weeks of fall ball. Great day of lacrosse and all teams, Gettysburg, LeMoyne and RIT will all be in the hunt come May 2023.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

TigerLax, sounds like you were at the scrimmage this past weekend. Just curious what your thoughts were on Gettysburg's attack. As a long time fan it seems to me the one major piece the Bullets have been missing in the past few years is a breakdown dodging attackman. They have been pretty stout on the defensive end and have had big strong midfielders to carry the load. If they could initiate a little more from behind they could take the next step...thoughts?
GO BULETS
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

I was at the scrimmage and the first attack looked legit. First Q won by Getty, but as I alluded, Getty goalie was stout. Having said that, Getty attack looked very good and didn’t panic and controlled their possessions. The difference came in 3Q when Tigers got their mojo and won the quarter 7-0. I’m not totally familiar with Getty’s conference, but they looked primed to have an excellent season next year. RIT is the defending NC and they will be in the hunt again next season, but Gettysburg hung tough and you should be encouraged by their fall showing.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

I certainly wasn’t there but by several descriptions from different people it seems that the score was close because the Gettysburg goalie stood on his head. Then RIT blew the doors off them. I know it was a scrimmage but a 7 goal loss is hardly a moral victory.

I’m confused then why so many people say that Gettysburg is primed for a big year? Those descriptions don’t indicate that they are there yet. Particularly when Coon is on record saying that he felt his team played pretty poorly.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:35 pm I certainly wasn’t there but by several descriptions from different people it seems that the score was close because the Gettysburg goalie stood on his head. Then RIT blew the doors off them. I know it was a scrimmage but a 7 goal loss is hardly a moral victory.

I’m confused then why so many people say that Gettysburg is primed for a big year? Those descriptions don’t indicate that they are there yet. Particularly when Coon is on record saying that he felt his team played pretty poorly.
I guess the question is how much subbing did Gettysburg do in the second half? Did they change goalies? Could be the reason for the dramatic offensive change. I heard from someone else that Gettysburg subbed a good amount, but RIT’a offense started to click in the second half, so it could have been a little of both.
Tigerlax70

Post by Tigerlax70 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:35 pm I certainly wasn’t there but by several descriptions from different people it seems that the score was close because the Gettysburg goalie stood on his head. Then RIT blew the doors off them. I know it was a scrimmage but a 7 goal loss is hardly a moral victory.

Come on. I was there and a Tiger lax alum and Gettysburg was very competitive in the 1Q. Probably a little rust and as you mention, Getty goalie “stood on his head”. As I acknowledged, once the Tigers got their offense rolling, they dominated in the 3Q. If Gettysburg can hang with the defending NC, even for two quarters, they should feel good about their progress during fall ball. Nobody mentioned “moral victories”, and I’m confident the Gettysburg players were only looking to see how they measured up against quality competition. As to your assertion that Coach Coon said “his team played pretty poorly”, that’s not his style and I’ve yet to read anything of that nature. Of course, we only have to wait four or five months before the 2023 season begins to see whether or not Gettysburg is “primed for a big year”.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

It was just a thought, I’m sure Gettysburg is going to continue to improve under Toner. But this was a team that was only a few plays away from the final four last year. Not some borderline top 20 team. Having your goalie keep you in the game during the first half only to give up a 7-0 run at halftime just doesn’t seem like a result that warrants a lot of “primed to have an excellent season” commentary, one posters words. Perhaps my definition of an excellent season is 2009 Gettysburg, not being a quarterfinal team.

Coach Coon…

“So Saturday’s run gave coach Jake Coon and his staff to see exactly what the new sticks on offense might do and after the first half, he wasn’t thrilled.”

“We didn’t know what to expect. We could have come out and lit it up, but we didn’t.” - Jake Coon

Knowing coach Coon, a public quote like that is about as dissatisfied of a comment you’ll get from someone so even-keeled.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”