Syracuse @ Florida 3/16/22 at 6:30

D1 Womens Lacrosse
wlaxphan20

Re: Syracuse @ Florida 3/16/22 at 6:30

Post by wlaxphan20 »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm It's doubtful that this one won't be a rough and heated battle. Speaking of rough and heated, I had a pretty rough night following the Hop-Cuse pitiful exhibition. Came within a gnat's asz of burning the whole house down. Had the fire departments from about four different counties here lighting up the street like a helo lifting off the flight deck looking for a man overboard in the middle of the night in the middle of the ocean. Probably not many (any) here who have seen that but they light up the night that would make high noon in San Antonio look like a drizzly day in Portland (where I also came real close to killing myself...and my buddy), it's very eerie it's so bright. Lost that sailor, he was never found.
Put a pot of grease on the stove and turned it up to medium high, leaning toward high, to make some fries. Started screwing around right here and forgot about it until I had a flame, smoke alarms going off, and a cloud of black smoke that was both blinding and suffocating. Couple of plastic garbage cans next to the stove, some flying grease must've got on those and that leads to nothing but thick, black smoke. Managed to get the pot off the burner and turn the burner off (electric stove) and put a lid on the pot, was then in the middle of the stove under the hood over the stove. Still a nice blaze going and I never saw those plastic cans burning. Had to exit at that point as there was no way you could see or breathe in there. Called 911 and waited outside waiting to see big flames through the window. Never saw any flames. They got here fairly quickly (all of them and there were a lot, had the whole block been on fire the manpower to put it out was here), went in and got the fire out with probably a blast or two of the chemical stuff they use. Had that hood not been on top of that stove, I think this ordeal would have been a major disaster. All the damage was restricted to that one area, and all things considered I came out of the whole deal in pretty good shape. Smoke damage but that can be dealt with, some paint, a new stove and the wall repaired and we're back in business. Insurance guys have got all that in motion. Am guessing my hands won't be black in a couple of weeks...everything you touch has soot on it. Major progress in getting the place cleaned up but there's not any corner or inch of anything that soot doesn't find. All's well that ends well, so were good.
Just a tip, get yourself a fire extinguisher and keep it next to your stove...jus' sayin'. JFTR, I've had quite a bit of fire fighting training but you can't deal with no vision or oxygen....exit is your only option.
Glad you're ok!!! I did the same thing when I was about 11 (but with a saute pan and much much less grease). Luckily we only needed to replace the stove and get rid of the soot. My mother has never let me forget it, and I haven't left so much as a pot of water unattended since.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:10 pm It's doubtful that this one won't be a rough and heated battle. Speaking of rough and heated, I had a pretty rough night following the Hop-Cuse pitiful exhibition. Came within a gnat's asz of burning the whole house down. Had the fire departments from about four different counties here lighting up the street like a helo lifting off the flight deck looking for a man overboard in the middle of the night in the middle of the ocean. Probably not many (any) here who have seen that but they light up the night that would make high noon in San Antonio look like a drizzly day in Portland (where I also came real close to killing myself...and my buddy), it's very eerie it's so bright. Lost that sailor, he was never found.
Put a pot of grease on the stove and turned it up to medium high, leaning toward high, to make some fries. Started screwing around right here and forgot about it until I had a flame, smoke alarms going off, and a cloud of black smoke that was both blinding and suffocating. Couple of plastic garbage cans next to the stove, some flying grease must've got on those and that leads to nothing but thick, black smoke. Managed to get the pot off the burner and turn the burner off (electric stove) and put a lid on the pot, was then in the middle of the stove under the hood over the stove. Still a nice blaze going and I never saw those plastic cans burning. Had to exit at that point as there was no way you could see or breathe in there. Called 911 and waited outside waiting to see big flames through the window. Never saw any flames. They got here fairly quickly (all of them and there were a lot, had the whole block been on fire the manpower to put it out was here), went in and got the fire out with probably a blast or two of the chemical stuff they use. Had that hood not been on top of that stove, I think this ordeal would have been a major disaster. All the damage was restricted to that one area, and all things considered I came out of the whole deal in pretty good shape. Smoke damage but that can be dealt with, some paint, a new stove and the wall repaired and we're back in business. Insurance guys have got all that in motion. Am guessing my hands won't be black in a couple of weeks...everything you touch has soot on it. Major progress in getting the place cleaned up but there's not any corner or inch of anything that soot doesn't find. All's well that ends well, so were good.
Just a tip, get yourself a fire extinguisher and keep it next to your stove...jus' sayin'. JFTR, I've had quite a bit of fire fighting training but you can't deal with no vision or oxygen....exit is your only option.
Sorry to hear this old friend, and glad you’re OK. Fire would have been fine at Homewood last weekend, given that exhibition of bad lacrosse. You have an internet connection for the games, right??
DMac

Post by DMac »

Indeed, all's well.
Priorities, ya know.
:D
Turns out the Fire Marshall is a lacrosse nut, saw my stick and stuff (was worried about the Alfie, believe me) and started talking lacrosse with me. Always helps when you've got a common thread with a person in this kind of situation. As I said all is (pretty much) well at this point.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:52 am ...Syracuse should win comfortably, right? Right?
Right but... Hoping it's a close one.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

Aint nothin' not working for Florida, Geezuz.
Aint nothin' clickin' for Cuse, Geezuz.
4-0
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:41 pm Aint nothin' not working for Florida, Geezuz.
Aint nothin' clickin' for Cuse, Geezuz.
4-0
Can’t get a draw
And again….goalie play Gonna Be an issue all season.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Syracuse kids have to get off the bus and start playing...
Last edited by seacoaster on Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:48 pm Syracuse kids have to get off the bus and start playing...
eventually they're going to dig themselves a hole they can't get out of
DMac

Post by DMac »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:48 pm Syracuse kids have to get off the bus and start playing...
Yes!!!!
Gators playing with a lot of confidence, Cuse kinda just stumbling around.
DMac

Post by DMac »

EH doin' what EH does, needed that badly.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

6-1 Gators after 1. Yeah--I saw that coming.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:55 pm EH doin' what EH does, needed that badly.
Got 'em right where we want 'em. Amirite??
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:56 pm 6-1 Gators after 1. Yeah--I saw that coming.
Every game an epic. Jeez.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:02 pm Taking the under with FLA pulling an upset
Okay Doc, give--who's your source?
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

For anyone who has the commentary unmuted - I'm assuming "bottom 5" in fouls per game means top 5 in most fouls committed per game...as fewer fouls per game would be considered better? Right?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Did the announcer really just say "It's good!"
OuttaNowhereWregget

"One for the ages." Listen to this guy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Umm, not a charge.

Syracuse offense looks horrible. Standing around, hero ball, jamming the ball into the middle. Awful.
Last edited by seacoaster on Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Glad you are ok! That's all that matters! Easy to forget when something is on the Stove. Have done it myself!

Joe
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

That shooting space call against Cuse around 1:40 of the 3rd was HORRIBLE!!! One kid playing tight D on the ball and the trail defender was to the side of the cage. Ref right in line with the camera shot and calls shooting space. So frustrating these refs sometimes.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”