2022 Midterms

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2022 Midterms

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:25 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:08 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:56 am
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:25 am Now back to reality after Goebbels' delusional rants.

Maryland is due to elect a new governor next year. Hogan is done. The republican primary is going to be interesting for a change. It is always boring, there is no competition inside the party generally. But we have new blood running for the position, a Qanon member who will take on Hogan's hand picked choice. The fireworks has just begun.
It is almost a shame Hogan has to go, he has pivoted the state, subtly correcting the red listing of the ship, without causing damage to the ship. Sure we can pick nits, but by and large he has done a solid job. Someone like Cox, could surely come in a muck it all up. If Hogan is RINO.....so the Eff what....where it with honor.
It is going to be interesting to see just how crazy the republicans in the State of Maryland are. I am betting, not very. I suspect even Reichs-Gauleiter Andy Harris is in for a surprise next year.
Do you guys consider the Bainum family part of maryland? I ask because I’m doing some things with them (their money) and they would qualify as crazy in some ways.
:D
Yes, an interesting family.

My dad knew them really, really well. Was on the Foundation Board for many years right up to nearly his death, previously on Board of holding company of Manor Care and Quality Inns. 50 year relationship.

Stewart Senior was a plumber..built a little motel...then another...my dad was his banker in early days, joined his BD later on after he left operational banking. Senior was quite the character.

Junior is a very different sort of character, strong political views, that's for sure. Dunno about 'crazy' but certainly would expect them to be very opinionated.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:37 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:25 am Now back to reality after Goebbels' delusional rants.

Maryland is due to elect a new governor next year. Hogan is done. The republican primary is going to be interesting for a change. It is always boring, there is no competition inside the party generally. But we have new blood running for the position, a Qanon member who will take on Hogan's hand picked choice. The fireworks has just begun.
It is almost a shame Hogan has to go, he has pivoted the state, subtly correcting the red listing of the ship, without causing damage to the ship. Sure we can pick nits, but by and large he has done a solid job. Someone like Cox, could surely come in a muck it all up. If Hogan is RINO.....so the Eff what....where it with honor.
It is going to be interesting to see just how crazy the republicans in the State of Maryland are. I am betting, not very. I suspect even Reichs-Gauleiter Andy Harris is in for a surprise next year.
Do you guys consider the Bainum family part of maryland? I ask because I’m doing some things with them (their money) and they would qualify as crazy in some ways.

My dad knew them really, really well. Was on the Foundation Board for many years right up to nearly his death, previously on Board of holding company of Manor Care and Quality Inns. 50 year relationship.

Stewart Senior was a plumber..built a little motel...then another...my dad was his banker in early days, joined his BD later on after he left operational banking. Senior was quite the character.

Junior is a very different sort of character, strong political views, that's for sure. Dunno about 'crazy' but certainly would expect them to be very opinionated.
Let me just add I respect their checkbook very much
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:40 pm

It's indeed sizable. Pop was on the Investment Committee and ran the Audit Committee.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:54 pm

It's indeed sizable. Pop was on the Investment Committee and ran the Audit Committee.
I need $5mm now and another $5mm in in 9-15mo of mezz/pref/coupon bearing equity
a fan

Post by a fan »

Wondering when Republican voters are going to wrench control from the idiots running your show.

40 years of this *hit, fellas. When the F are you going to stop playing games, and start governing, and sit at the big boy table with the rest of us? Can't manage to use a fork and knife yet? Manners are hard? Is THAT the problem?

Mother-Fu)(*#$ing asR)*@$holes can't VOTE for infrastructure, because voting yes and governing is bad, right? You don't want to get caught spending, right? And you sure as *hit don't want to raise taxes to pay for what you get from the Federal government, right?

Yet here they are, Republican Senators, bragging to their MI voters that Federal spending is on its way, to pay for *hit that Republican voters don't want to pay for, right guys?

And you wonder why we borrow every penny. THIS is why, Because you Republicans WANT big government spending to pay for it for so that YOU don't have to pay taxes to get what you want.

Infants. Enjoy the inflation, my deadbeat, "but mommy, I don't WANT to pay my bills!!!!" friends.

Unreal. How did we get this selfish? This stupid? This financially inept? Remember when Republicans would look at the stupid hippies, and their pipedream spending and say "that sounds great..but how do we pay for that?"

Not anymore. Enjoy your )*#$ing roads, Mississippi.

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Roger Wicker, R-Miss., and Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss., and U.S. Representatives Steven Palazzo, R-Miss., and Michael Guest, R-Miss., today praised the award of $38.8 million for three infrastructure projects in Jackson, Long Beach, and East Mississippi.

The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) approved the Mississippi awards through the Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability & Equity (RAISE) grant program. The FY2021 grants include a $20.0 million grant to the city of Jackson to transform a 1.5-mile segment of highway from Medgar Evers Boulevard; a $16.8 million grant to Long Beach to construct the Beatline Parkway; and a $2.0 million grant to Wayne, Greene, and George Counties to complete planning and preconstruction for the East Mississippi Intermodal Railroad Project.

https://www.wicker.senate.gov/2021/11/m ... e-projects
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

a fan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 pm Wondering when Republican voters are going to wrench control from the idiots running your show.

40 years of this *hit, fellas. When the F are you going to stop playing games, and start governing, and sit at the big boy table with the rest of us? Can't manage to use a fork and knife yet? Manners are hard? Is THAT the problem?

Mother-Fu)(*#$ing asR)*@$holes can't VOTE for infrastructure, because voting yes and governing is bad, right? You don't want to get caught spending, right? And you sure as *hit don't want to raise taxes to pay for what you get from the Federal government, right?

Yet here they are, Republican Senators, bragging to their MI voters that Federal spending is on its way, to pay for *hit that Republican voters don't want to pay for, right guys?

And you wonder why we borrow every penny. THIS is why, Because you Republicans WANT big government spending to pay for it for so that YOU don't have to pay taxes to get what you want.

Infants. Enjoy the inflation, my deadbeat, "but mommy, I don't WANT to pay my bills!!!!" friends.

Unreal. How did we get this selfish? This stupid? This financially inept? Remember when Republicans would look at the stupid hippies, and their pipedream spending and say "that sounds great..but how do we pay for that?"

Not anymore. Enjoy your )*#$ing roads, Mississippi.

WASHINGTON – U.S. Senators Roger Wicker, R-Miss., and Cindy Hyde-Smith, R-Miss., and U.S. Representatives Steven Palazzo, R-Miss., and Michael Guest, R-Miss., today praised the award of $38.8 million for three infrastructure projects in Jackson, Long Beach, and East Mississippi.

The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) approved the Mississippi awards through the Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability & Equity (RAISE) grant program. The FY2021 grants include a $20.0 million grant to the city of Jackson to transform a 1.5-mile segment of highway from Medgar Evers Boulevard; a $16.8 million grant to Long Beach to construct the Beatline Parkway; and a $2.0 million grant to Wayne, Greene, and George Counties to complete planning and preconstruction for the East Mississippi Intermodal Railroad Project.

https://www.wicker.senate.gov/2021/11/m ... e-projects
‘Unreal. How did we get this selfish? This stupid? This financially inept? Remember when Republicans would look at the stupid hippies, and their pipedream spending and say "that sounds great..but how do we pay for that?"‘

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The 2022 Midterms: Seven Gambles

1. The Gamble on COVID and the Economy
2. The Gamble on Good Candidates
3. The Gamble on Turnout
4 and 5. The Gambles on Crises
6. The Gamble on the Supreme Court
7. The Gamble on Messaging

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

And them because of said checkbook?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:21 am The 2022 Midterms: Seven Gambles

1. The Gamble on COVID and the Economy
2. The Gamble on Good Candidates
3. The Gamble on Turnout
4 and 5. The Gambles on Crises
6. The Gamble on the Supreme Court
7. The Gamble on Messaging

Nation is going to “parc” out in 2022.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:46 pm

I play the game. Leave it at that.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:23 pm

You have a stronger gag reflex than I.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:18 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:23 pm

You have a stronger gag reflex than I.
My spokesman will address that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cryMVK1PwuQ
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Pizza here’s the full address

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FVZBRJcTd2k
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:50 pm Pizza here’s the full address

So, you've got what,a rate sheet? Amortization table?

What's your code?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:50 pm Pizza here’s the full address

So, you've got what,a rate sheet? Amortization table?

What's your code?
Malleability-like Omar snitching sometimes but not always. And protect innocence bystanders only play the game with adults.

Whatever helps my kids have a stable and healthy childhood so they get onto their own feet. If that means I sell my soul to manage my anxieties then so be it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

5 hours ago - Politics & Policy
McConnell: No legislative agenda for 2022 midterms
Axios
Jonathan Swan, Alayna Treene
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is seen walking to the Senate Chamber on Thursday.
Photo: Drew Angerer/Getty Images
Mitch McConnell has told colleagues and donors Senate Republicans won't release a legislative agenda before next year's midterms, according to people who've attended private meetings with the minority leader.

Why it matters: Every midterm cycle, there are Republican donors and operatives who argue the party should release a positive, pro-active governing outline around which candidates can rally. McConnell adamantly rejects this idea, preferring to skewer Democrats for their perceived failures.

Behind the scenes: On the night of Nov. 16, McConnell met with donors, lobbyists and a group of Republican senators in a private function room upstairs at the Capitol Hill Club. The 2022 agenda was on the menu.

In attendance was Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.), chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which convened the dinner.
Also on hand were some Republican senators up for re-election next year: Chuck Grassley of Iowa, James Lankford of Oklahoma, Rand Paul of Kentucky and John Boozman of Arkansas.
Each senator sat at his own table with donors, and each spoke for a few minutes about his re-election race. A microphone was passed around for a question-and-answer session.
A donor asked a question that could only be answered by McConnell. According to a source in the room, the donor said something to the effect of: We all know what's wrong with the Democrats, but what are we going to be running on to help us win?

McConnell's response was something to the effect of, With all respect, that's not what we're doing, the source said.
McConnell has long held the view that putting out an agenda ahead of midterm elections is a mistake — at least for Senate Republicans, the sources told Axios.

He believes his view has been vindicated by recent history. McConnell points, in particular, to when he led Republicans to win back the Senate in the 2014 midterms without proposing an agenda.
Some donors and operatives point to a different memory: the "Contract with America." House Republicans released a governing action plan before the 1994 midterm elections, and their party won back unified control of Congress for the first time in nearly 50 years.
The current House minority leader, Kevin McCarthy, is a "Contract with America" guy. He's told his colleagues he thinks it's important they tell voters what they support — not just what they oppose.

He wants to release a legislative agenda to unite the conference ahead of the midterms, according to sources with direct knowledge of his caucus statements.
McCarthy's already released a first element: what he calls the "Parents Bill of Rights."
He's also appointed Republican members to seven "issue-specific task forces" to work up this pre-midterm agenda.
During the mid-November dinner, McConnell told the donor it would be the job of the next Republican nominee for president in 2024 to lay out the party's future agenda.

Until then, Republicans should be 100% focused on Democrats and all the "terrible" things they're doing to the country, McConnell said, according to the source.
McConnell made clear, the source said, the entire focus of the 2022 campaign should be about the things the Democrats are doing wrong. He cited the history of midterm losses for the party in power.
Asked about this dinner and the intra-party conversation, Scott, the NRSC chair, told Axios: "There's some conversation that people would like to have some agreement that everybody runs on something. That sounds good, but it's hard to do."

A McConnell spokesman declined comment.
Between the lines: A top GOP operative, who didn't attend the dinner but has often heard such conversations involving McConnell, said these kinds of discussions happen regularly with the Republican leader.

"It happens all the time," the source told Axios. "Donors especially are always asking for an agenda of some kind and McConnell pushes back hard. Because he knows that all it does is take the focus off unpopular Dem policies and gives Dems something tangible to tear apart."
"One of the biggest mistakes challengers often make is thinking campaigns are about them and their ideas," the source continued. "No one gives a sh-t about that. Elections are referendums on incumbents."
"Challengers need to keep the focus on what incumbents promised and point out how they failed to deliver and how that has negatively impacted voters' lives," the source said.
The bottom line: Current polls appear to support McConnell's political calculation.

By almost any measure — from President Biden's approval rating to the generic ballot — Republicans are enjoying their best political environment for a decade.
They're in this position having barely uttered a word about their plans for the future
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Pretty obvious stuff to me as a swing voter who thinks as little as one can as a human being of Trump. Total common sense. And just like some (myself though not as harshly as MD) looked at the craziness in the hearings of Kavanaugh as an indictment of his temperament for someone who’s going to sit on the highest court, I find it problematic that democrats writ large don’t understand everything in this and didn’t address it in the prior year. And so so without crying about being fought be republicans as if it doesn’t defy logic to think that the Republican role would be to present opposition.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:21 am Pretty obvious stuff to me as a swing voter who thinks as little as one can as a human being of Trump. Total common sense. And just like some (myself though not as harshly as MD) looked at the craziness in the hearings of Kavanaugh as an indictment of his temperament for someone who’s going to sit on the highest court, I find it problematic that democrats writ large don’t understand everything in this and didn’t address it in the prior year. And so so without crying about being fought be republicans as if it doesn’t defy logic to think that the Republican role would be to present opposition.
Yeah, agree with a lot you say. But bear in mind that the main message seems to be that Democrats are not getting a productive, catching message to voters -- even thought they do appear to be governing successfully with a perilously thin majority. The GOP, meanwhile, literally has no legislative agenda leading in to the midterms, and it's only purpose appears to be creating cultural wedge issues and smearing Biden and Democrats. If this works for the GOP, it'll tell you pretty much everything you need to know about the health of our self-governing society. Medic?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Thanks for sharing this.

It is pretty much the very same things that are conveyed on these forum threads but those of us that many here call 'trumpists'. The very same thing happened in the 2016 campaign...its how we ended up with Trump. You'd think, Biden and BHO, who campaigned for Terry, would have had a pulse for this by now. The question is why?....and it is the root of our partisanship.

IMO, it really boils down kitchen table, Sunday dinner issues. The more you call people 'trumpists', the more you minimize what a family/individual values when gov't is not the answer, which means the further disconnected you become as a politician. The essence of that 5 page review is that Terry was telling the people what to think and Glen was hearing what they were saying.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”