Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Most Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:44 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 pmSo where is the same concern for the the extremist far left posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize half of Americans and contribute nothing to the community?
This first post (below) inducted into the Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame wasn't inducted out of concern. It was inducted out of appreciation. It's a truly impressive piece.
Peter Brown wrote:
Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.
That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.
Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
If you know anything about World Soccer and why FIFA created their campaign to combat racism, it's hard to not appreciate the jaw-dropping beauty of this post. Like all good art, it's seemingly birthed from the divine.
Never been happier to be the one poster here that detests the game of kickball.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:18 pmNever been happier to be the one poster here that detests the game of kickball.
I doubt that you're the one post-er...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Tommy No

Post by Tommy No »

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:44 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:07 pmSo where is the same concern for the the extremist far left posts that attempt to dehumanize and demonize half of Americans and contribute nothing to the community?
This first post (below) inducted into the Ridiculous Posts Hall of Fame wasn't inducted out of concern. It was inducted out of appreciation. It's a truly impressive piece.
Peter Brown wrote:
Watching the end of UEFA 2020 England versus Germany, white and black players hugging or crying together. Just wonderful, inspiring sights.
That’s real life. Racism isn’t this universal, omnipresent cancer that infects every soul like liberals want you to think.
Sport should remind you that the world is so much nicer than what race hustlers are trying to sell you. Ignore them and I stead watch the end if this game to see west it’s really like.
If you know anything about World Soccer and why FIFA created their campaign to combat racism, it's hard to not appreciate the jaw-dropping beauty of this post. Like all good art, it's seemingly birthed from the divine.
I wonder if Peter has seen any Bananas thrown on the pitch.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:18 pmNever been happier to be the one poster here that detests the game of kickball.
I doubt that you're the one post-er...
I may be the only one that does not like soccer. I have to add the US women actually give respect to to game. If anyone can make the game interesting they do.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Stolen:
If I wanted to watch people struggle to score for 90 minutes I woulda taken my friends to the bar.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:39 pm Image

Stolen:
If I wanted to watch people struggle to score for 90 minutes I woulda taken my friends to the bar.
You don’t understand the game….teams struggle to keep a clean sheet for 90 minutes.
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:36 pmI wonder if Peter has seen any Bananas thrown on the pitch.
Awful. On more than one occasion, this happened and the black player(s) walked off the field. In at least one case, a player started openly weeping. Today, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole team walked off the field. *At the least*, there'd be an insistence to find out who committed the offense and for there to be repercussions. Immediately. Game stopped, etc. Awful. And, some would say, WHAT?! It's a joke! It's what we do to get under the opponent's skin! And it's working!!! etc. Not today. Thankfully...
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 pm...I have to add the US women actually give respect to to game. If anyone can make the game interesting they do.
Why's that? because they're American and they've won on the biggest stages?
Caddy Day
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:37 pm...I have to add the US women actually give respect to to game. If anyone can make the game interesting they do.
Nope, because they actually bust their butts to try and score. The other factor is Abby Wambach is a legend here in Irondequoit. Her family ran a farm market 2 minutes from our house. She is in my opinion the greatest athlete to come out of western NY.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Stolen:
You don’t understand the game….teams struggle to keep a clean sheet for 90 minutes.
Ahhh, it's still a humorous jab.

The "beautiful game" needs to fully understood in order to be fully appreciated.

Most Americans, even now, don't understand the game well enough to actually 'get it'.

But more and more are.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:58 pm
Matnum PI wrote:
Nope, because they actually bust their butts to try and score. The other factor is Abby Wambach is a legend here in Irondequoit. Her family ran a farm market 2 minutes from our house.
Weren't you the guy who appreciated defense??? ;)

Abby deserves legendary status, don't need to be from upstate NY.
Buy some veggies for us!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:58 pmNope, because they actually bust their butts to try and score. The other factor is Abby Wambach is a legend here in Irondequoit. Her family ran a farm market 2 minutes from our house.
One, I love Abby. One of my favorites. Two, because they actually bust their butts to try and score??!... I'm moving on... :)
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:00 pm

Stolen:

The "beautiful game" needs to fully understood in order to be fully appreciated.

Most Americans, even now, don't understand the game well enough to actually 'get it'.

But more and more are.
Yes. I became a very big fan. I like the purity of the sport. Competition is more transparent.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:06 pm

Stolen:

But more and more are.
Yes. I became a very big fan. I like the purity of the sport. Competition is more transparent.
What do you mean by "transparent"?
Relative to?

do you mean that as fans we can see their faces, their effort, their pain, their joy?
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Stolen:

But more and more are.
Relative to?

do you mean that as fans we can see their faces, their effort, their pain, their joy?
At the youth / club level, kids can’t play down in age….good players play up. In the old days, league results, state competition, club tournament results followed the team. The more you won, the tougher the competition. Teams earned their way into tournament flights. Results followed teams from u12 through U17. At the team and player level, there is a pyramid philosophy for both the player and teams. The process of player and team development was systematic. Far more so than lacrosse. Also, very little cronyism in soccer compared to lacrosse for instance……Also, the rules of soccer aren’t changed because of clamoring from fans.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Stolen:

But more and more are.
Relative to?

At the youth / club level, kids can’t play down in age….good players play up. In the old days, league results, state competition, club tournament results followed the team. The more you won, the tougher the competition. Teams earned their way into tournament flights. Results followed teams from u12 through U17. At the team and player level, there is a pyramid philosophy and both the player and teams. The process of player and team development was systematic. Far more so than lacrosse. Also, very little cronyism in soccer compared to lacrosse for instance.
ahhh, yes, more transparency in that sense; agreed.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:58 pm
Matnum PI wrote:
Nope, because they actually bust their butts to try and score. The other factor is Abby Wambach is a legend here in Irondequoit. Her family ran a farm market 2 minutes from our house.
Weren't you the guy who appreciated defense??? ;)

Abby deserves legendary status, don't need to be from upstate NY.
Buy some veggies for us!
I never said I don't like offense. Before her family closed their store down my tomato plants came from there. Abby was and I'm sure still an amazing soccer player.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:18 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Stolen:

But more and more are.
Relative to?

At the youth / club level, kids can’t play down in age….good players play up. In the old days, league results, state competition, club tournament results followed the team. The more you won, the tougher the competition. Teams earned their way into tournament flights. Results followed teams from u12 through U17. At the team and player level, there is a pyramid philosophy and both the player and teams. The process of player and team development was systematic. Far more so than lacrosse. Also, very little cronyism in soccer compared to lacrosse for instance.
ahhh, yes, more transparency in that sense; agreed.
I don’t see us ever having a strict age limit in lacrosse. A rising sophomore lacrosse player is turning 18 in August. A 16 year old is in 8th grade. But, I believe Paul Rabil is getting in position to make youth lacrosse look more like youth soccer. Money to be had if done right. I believe he will be successful and the PLL player/ownership model will help.

I will never understand why a college coach would recruit a kid that’s 12-24 months older and than the competition. No college soccer coach is recruiting a 16 year old based on his play against 14-15 year olds.

Return to “POLITICS”