Syracuse 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by 10stone5 »

FMUBart wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:49 pm Apparently, Petro has accepted the 'cuse defensive coordinator position. And, supposedly, both Petro boys have decommitted from UNC...
Just saw the news about Petro, haven't seen anything about the twins de-committing..
Hard to imagine this won’t be happening
as well.
And just like that…
Matnum PI

Re: Syracuse 2022

Post by Matnum PI »

Hiltz, Spallina, and Petro on attack would be a pretty good unit. Hiltz, Spallina and anyone would be pretty good...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

An aspect of this whole Gait-Petro-Petros thing that is amazing to me is that I read about it weeks ago. (I'm sure I'm not alone in having seen this.) And when the guy said it, he was readily attacked... :)
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Are the two oranges symbolism?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

In similar fashion to the Head Coach announcement... what does that mean for the current Asst/D-Coordinator? Assuming he's out?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:12 pm Are the two oranges symbolism?
Not even a question in my book. Blatantly two big oranges...

And matches Powell's reply to the tweet:
Casey Powell @caseypowell22
LFG
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Two posts from the FanLax Hopkins Thread:
OCanada wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:25 pm It has already been figured out if responsibilities are the question. Implementing will need to worked on

Twins are leaving UNC barring something I don’t know about Breschi and Petro are friends. Gait and Petro too. Breschi will understand the twins wanting to play for their dad. Spellina and Dom are ranked 1/2 in their class. Dwan’s son will also be at Cuse if memory serves.

Lacrosse is a small community.
And...
jhu06 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:07 pm Petro had to go but this is still a rough day.

Paul Rabil
imagine being 16 and getting a call from petro and gait...i would’ve been SHOOK

@KyleHarrison18
WHEW. Iont like the color Orange like that, but if I got this call as a high schooler I’m pullin up.
Caddy Day
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:12 pm Are the two oranges symbolism?
Not even a question in my book. Blatantly two big oranges...

And matches Powell's reply to the tweet:
Casey Powell @caseypowell22
LFG
I was thinking twin sons.
~Livy
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 pm Two posts from the FanLax Hopkins Thread:
OCanada wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:25 pm It has already been figured out if responsibilities are the question. Implementing will need to worked on

Twins are leaving UNC barring something I don’t know about Breschi and Petro are friends. Gait and Petro too. Breschi will understand the twins wanting to play for their dad. Spellina and Dom are ranked 1/2 in their class. Dwan’s son will also be at Cuse if memory serves.

And...
jhu06 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:07 pm Petro had to go but this is still a rough day.

Paul Rabil

@KyleHarrison18
WHEW. Iont like the color Orange like that, but if I got this call as a high schooler I’m pullin up.
It would matter to Rabil 20 years ago but kids today have no idea who they are from their playing days, obviously they could look it up but I don’t seeing it having the impact it would have had even ten years ago. That being said I believe they will be very successful.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:55 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 pm Two posts from the FanLax Hopkins Thread:

And...

Paul Rabil

@KyleHarrison18
It would matter to Rabil 20 years ago but kids today have no idea who they are from their playing days, obviously they could look it up but I don’t seeing it having the impact it would have had even ten years ago. That being said I believe they will be very successful.
Agreed. I think Gait will do a good job. Not sure about Petro as DC, but we’ll see. Nonetheless Gait will do fine. But he’ll recruit well because of his own message and ability to recruit not because he’s Gary Gait. No one playing HS lax today saw Gary Gait play
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

xxxxxxx wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:55 pmIt would matter to Rabil 20 years ago but kids today have no idea who they are from their playing days, obviously they could look it up but I don’t seeing it having the impact it would have had even ten years ago. That being said I believe they will be very successful.
I don't know about that, xxxxxxxx. Gait and Petro?! I dunno...
jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:19 pm...No one playing HS lax today saw Gary Gait play.
No one saw him play *live*. But they've seen him play. it's like saying no one saw Pele and Maradona play or Michael and Larry play. Legends are legends.
Caddy Day
a fan

Post by a fan »

jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:19 pm Agreed. I think Gait will do a good job. Not sure about Petro as DC, but we’ll see. Nonetheless Gait will do fine. But he’ll recruit well because of his own message and ability to recruit not because he’s Gary Gait. No one playing HS lax today saw Gary Gait play
Sure they have. YouTube. Just this one video has 70K views.

jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:57 pm
jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:19 pm Agreed. I think Gait will do a good job. Not sure about Petro as DC, but we’ll see. Nonetheless Gait will do fine. But he’ll recruit well because of his own message and ability to recruit not because he’s Gary Gait. No one playing HS lax today saw Gary Gait play
Sure they have. YouTube. Just this one video has 70K views.

I don't know about you, but I don't think what 18 year olds spend most of their time doing is going on the internet and searching up "Syracuse vs Johns Hopkins 1980s"
a fan

Post by a fan »

jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 pm I don't know about you, but I don't think what 18 year olds spend most of their time doing is going on the internet and searching up "Syracuse vs Johns Hopkins 1980s"
:lol: For regular ol' 18 year old kids, of course I agree, and that's a fair point.

But....if you're into lacrosse enough that you're headed to an ACC school on a partial ride, you're telling me that you'd have no interest in the history of the sport?

For me, I'd want to see how my new coach played the game..... if for no other reason than to give him *hit for getting beat.....or to make fun of the short-shorts.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:11 pm
jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 pm I don't know about you, but I don't think what 18 year olds spend most of their time doing is going on the internet and searching up "Syracuse vs Johns Hopkins 1980s"
:lol: For regular ol' 18 year old kids, of course I agree, and that's a fair point.

But....if you're into lacrosse enough that you're headed to an ACC school on a partial ride, you're telling me that you'd have no interest in the history of the sport?

For me, I'd want to see how my new coach played the game..... if for no other reason than to give him *hit for getting beat.....or to make fun of the short-shorts.
Sure. These guys aren’t fans of the sport the way we are....they just play it. Now I’m not saying some of them who are super dedicated to their craft and want to learn as much as they can or who watched the sport growing up aren’t fans or wouldn’t watch; but this is true of all sports, people would be surprised at how many elite recruits just...don’t really watch the sport.

It happens in CFB or CBB recruiting all the time; recruits get asked questions about CFB or the season or their memories of it and they basically admit they never really watched it that way. Most of em are too busy on weekends playing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

jrn19 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:27 pm Sure. These guys aren’t fans of the sport the way we are....they just play it. Now I’m not saying some of them who are super dedicated to their craft and want to learn as much as they can or who watched the sport growing up aren’t fans or wouldn’t watch; but this is true of all sports, people would be surprised at how many elite recruits just...don’t really watch the sport.
Yep, point made.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Some of these kids may not be familiar with them as players. But I bet a lot of their dads do. And they are the ones writing the checks😂

You can bet your ass I will be sure to have ESPN+ next season. I don’t want to miss an Orange game now. And I have no affiliation whatsoever. That should tell you something about the buzz these guys are creating now.

First Benson goes to Maryland. Now Petro to Cuse. What’s next? Coach K to Carolina?
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Playing college ball for your dad is not for everyone. If Spallina wants to play with the Pietremala boys so bad, then by all means, he should come to Chapel Hill instead :D

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”