Your Favorite Pizza Place Near Your Favorite Team's Venue?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Your Favorite Pizza Place Near Your Favorite Team's Venue?

Post by Matnum PI »

HU34 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:26 am Vincent's Clam Bar near Hofstra. This thread is officially over.
https://www.vincentsclambar.com/menus/#brick-oven-pizza
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:39 am Ordering pizza in Charlottesville? Wasting your time.

Local’s spot: Wayside. Fried chicken. Legendary.
Party: Boylan Heights.
Partied too much: White Spot.
Is it morning already? : Bodos
High brow: you’re at a restaurant? Why? Too many great wineries.
Take the parents/guests/friends when wineries close: Ivy Inn.
Walking the mall: Citizen burger
Healthy: Roots (excellent)
What students don’t know (yet): collection of food trucks at bottom of pan tops each day offers amazing authentic food
anybody that wants to get out of the rat race and makes good pizza would make a killing in hookville.

anna's #5 best bet for zah and grinders.
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

This starts and ends with Yale. Obviously Sally’s and Pepe’s draw pilgrims from around the world (and they are indeed amazing) but I would rank Modern as my favorite. If you want a nice draft and a slice, hit Bar, get one of their brews and have a mashed potato and bacon white pie slice. It sounds bizarre. It is heaven.
There is more truth in this post than any other post on this forum or Laxpower ever.....
HU34

Post by HU34 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 am
HU34 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:26 am Vincent's Clam Bar near Hofstra. This thread is officially over.
https://www.vincentsclambar.com/menus/#brick-oven-pizza
This looks gooooood.

WHITE CLAM
Fresh-chopped littleneck clams, garlic, olive oil & Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, fresh Italian parsley
DMac

Post by DMac »

Get yourself a pizza stone (not a must but they work like a champ) and you could make that at home for a whole lot less than eighteen bucks. Spread a little olive oil on that dough, fresh minced garlic, I'd throw a little salt, pepper and oregano on there too, load the rest up with your goodies and voi la, you in, brotha.....and a shrimp pizza might even be better, those babies are crazy tasty.
HU34

Post by HU34 »

DMac wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:24 pm Get yourself a pizza stone (not a must but they work like a champ) and you could make that at home for a whole lot less than eighteen bucks. Spread a little olive oil on that dough, fresh minced garlic, I'd throw a little salt, pepper and oregano on there too, load the rest up with your goodies and voi la, you in, brotha.....and a shrimp pizza might even be better, those babies are crazy tasty.
Kramer approved.

https://youtu.be/rF85gfXxj5U
badassmotherclucker

Post by badassmotherclucker »

(deleted)
Last edited by badassmotherclucker on Wed May 18, 2022 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:39 am Ordering pizza in Charlottesville? Wasting your time.

What students don’t know (yet): collection of food trucks at bottom of pan tops each day offers amazing authentic food
What??? No Gus Burgers??
AOD

Post by AOD »

When in New Brunswick, gotta go with Stuff Yer Face.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

wgdsr wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:24 am

anybody that wants to get out of the rat race and makes good pizza would make a killing in hookville.

anna's #5 best bet for zah and grinders.
wgrs beat me to it. Spot on observations. College Inn was the best C'ville had to offer in my day....

and to answer oldbartman's question - the Whitespot is #3 on the list!! Gus Burger followed by grillswith, sublime....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

faircornell wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 pm Ned's Pizza in Cayuga Heights is about a five minute drive from Schoellkopf Field in Ithaca.
Big void for Ithaca pizza after The Nines closed.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Not my favorite team, but Stony Brook has Little Vincent’s about 10 min away in Lake Ronkonkoma. Amazing pizza. I usually pick my Stony Brook game to go to by who they’re facing, but I always pick Little Vincent’s.

For favorite team, it’s got to be Murphy’s Study Hall for a cold beverage and wings after a York game at Kinsley Field. (For the memories, not for the food)

Also like the Green Turtle when taking a game in at Towson, but that’s not a ma and pop.
Chousnake wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 pm Big void for Ithaca pizza after The Nines closed.
On many a long night in Ithaca, DP Dough calzones were clutch. Haven’t been there in ages, but the internet says they’re still around.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

AOD wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 3:43 pm When in New Brunswick, gotta go with Stuff Yer Face.
Senior St? Those Bolis were awesome.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DeepPocket wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:09 pm Not my favorite team, but Stony Brook has Little Vincent’s about 10 min away in Lake Ronkonkoma. Amazing pizza. I usually pick my Stony Brook game to go to by who they’re facing, but I always pick Little Vincent’s.

For favorite team, it’s got to be Murphy’s Study Hall for a cold beverage and wings after a York game at Kinsley Field. (For the memories, not for the food)

Also like the Green Turtle when taking a game in at Towson, but that’s not a ma and pop.
Chousnake wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 pm Big void for Ithaca pizza after The Nines closed.
On many a long night in Ithaca, DP Dough calzones were clutch. Haven’t been there in ages, but the internet says they’re still around.
DP Dough after the Haunt!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

HooDat wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:17 pm
wgrs beat me to it. Spot on observations. College Inn was the best C'ville had to offer in my day....

and to answer oldbartman's question - the Whitespot is #3 on the list!! Gus Burger followed by grillswith, sublime....
I miss Lax Fi, Hoo, am thinking he'd be asking you who the hell wgrs is right about now.
Much more eloquently of course and perhaps in One L garb but I'm sure you'd be hearing
from him in some form. ;)
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

For Chapel Hill, I know Italian Pizzeria III (IP3) on Franklin Street is popular with the lacrosse team.

Although, if you're visiting Chapel Hill I'd recommend getting barbecue over pizza.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:07 pm Pepes, in the Chestnut Hill mall is closed. But, does that count as Boston ;)
Indoor dining is open at all Frank Pepe locations.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 pm DP Dough after the Haunt!
Oh boy....

But will the Haunt return??
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

No. I don’t think they want me back in town anymore...

(Seriously they are closed for good, loved seeing shows in my hippy HS and college days there though along with pretending I was classy at Simeons in the square for nice beers before microbrew was much of a term and Anchor Steam was as exotic as caviar...)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Chousnake wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:06 pm
faircornell wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:14 pm Ned's Pizza in Cayuga Heights is about a five minute drive from Schoellkopf Field in Ithaca.
Big void for Ithaca pizza after The Nines closed.
No doubt. Another place to consider is "Ciao" on North Triphammer Road near the Ithaca Mall. It has wood fired oven pizza. Not much for "old Cornell" ambiance, but stick to your ribs Italian food.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”