I mean, its got to be a lock now.
Cletus

Re: CAA

Post by Cletus »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:58 pm So again,

I can’t see with the number of invites,
how DUWLax is not At Large tournament eligible,
I mean, its got to be a lock now.
Forget at large – Drexel might win the whole CAA. It will be the other teams in the CAA looking for an AL.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

CAA is all of the sudden the 2nd best division in Wlax, forget about the BIG10.

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison

all legit.

guaranteed that no one wants to draw Drexel in the 1st round of the NCAA's
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm CAA is all of the sudden the 2nd best division in Wlax, forget about the BIG10.

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison

all legit.

guaranteed that no one wants to draw Drexel in the 1st round of the NCAA's
Too early to call. We’ll see what it looks like after the 2021 Light Fantastic.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Colleen Grady is very quickly climbing up the
record charts.
Still,
a lot more points needed to be the top Drexel
scorer all time, they’d need to go a round or two
in the NCAAs to get the record this year.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:39 pm CAA is all of the sudden the 2nd best division in Wlax, forget about the BIG10.

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison
Drexel vs Northwestern
Elon vs Penn State
Towson vs Johns Hopkins
James Madison vs Maryland

Hofstra vs Ohio State
William & Mary vs Michigan
Delaware vs Rutgers

Keep in mind--the Dragons have still not faced anyone truly formidable from the top 10. They lost to Loyola. Their biggest win was last night over Towson. They haven't faced anyone from the ACC or Big 10 (not their fault). How do you think they'd match up vs NC, NU, Syracuse, Notre Dame, BC, Penn St. et al? I think they'd crash to earth at this point. I think Drexel is having a great year and the coach has a lot to do with that. Batcheller has had great success wherever she's been. But I still pick the Big 10 easily over the Colonial, with nary a reservation. Dragons also get an in conference test in their next two games, both rematches against Hofstra and Towson, two teams they embarrassed with running clock beatdowns. Great year in the CAA though. For once we get to seriously consider teams other than JMU.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:26 am

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison
Drexel vs Northwestern
Elon vs Penn State
Towson vs Johns Hopkins

Hofstra vs Ohio State
Delaware vs Rutgers

Keep in mind--the Dragons have still not faced anyone truly formidable from the top 10. They lost to Loyola. Their biggest win was last night over Towson. They haven't faced anyone from the ACC or Big 10 (not their fault). How do you think they'd match up vs NC, NU, Syracuse, Notre Dame, BC, Penn St. et al? I think they'd crash to earth at this point. I think Drexel is having a great year and the coach has a lot to do with that. Batcheller has had great success wherever she's been. But I still pick the Big 10 easily over the Colonial, with nary a reservation. Dragons also get an in conference test in their next two games, both rematches against Hofstra and Towson, two teams they embarrassed with running clock beatdowns. Great year in the CAA though. For once we get to seriously consider teams other than JMU.
well no one beats NU except for UNC.

I personally believe Drexel, in a 2 game series, at least splits with PSU, JHU, MD, OSU and sweeps Rutgers. Elon, Towson & JMU also have 50/50 shot of splitting those games & sweeping Rutgers.

Drexel played Loyola pretty close in a game that was scheduled on a day's notice. Don't forget Towson handled Loyola pretty easily and Drexel just beat Towson rather handily.

My point is that the CAA is a very strong division this year, Elon & Drexel have very good shot at winning first round NCAA games. BIG10 is just average to below average this year except for NU.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 am well no one beats NU except for UNC.

I personally believe Drexel, in a 2 game series, at least splits with PSU, JHU, MD, OSU and sweeps Rutgers. Elon, Towson & JMU also have 50/50 shot of splitting those games & sweeping Rutgers.

Drexel played Loyola pretty close in a game that was scheduled on a day's notice. Don't forget Towson handled Loyola pretty easily and Drexel just beat Towson rather handily.

My point is that the CAA is a very strong division this year, Elon & Drexel have very good shot at winning first round NCAA games. BIG10 is just average to below average this year except for NU.
I feel a gentlemen’s wager coming soon...
Details and challenge to follow—stay tuned.
Snog

Post by Snog »

Drexel has a game with PENN on the schedule for the 28th, that is definitively a "Wild Card" game.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Snog wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 am Drexel has a game with PENN on the schedule for the 28th, that is definitively a "Wild Card" game.
I would call that a scrimmage. Penn has a lot of players sitting out, and one who already transferred to Duke.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:26 am

Drexel
Elon
Towson
James Madison
Drexel vs Northwestern
Elon vs Penn State
Towson vs Johns Hopkins

Hofstra vs Ohio State
Delaware vs Rutgers

I am with you Cletus. First let me say I would love to see a cinderella Drexel story and I have watched them a few times. I hold myself impressed with their poise and style of play. Great story. I have also watched most of the ACC and Big10 games this year. I also say this will all due respect to the rise of the CAA this year...worst team in the Big10 beats the best team in the CAA in 2 out of 3.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Laxallday wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:24 am I am with you Cletus. First let me say I would love to see a cinderella Drexel story and I have watched them a few times. I hold myself impressed with their poise and style of play. Great story. I have also watched most of the ACC and Big10 games this year.

I also say this will all due respect to the rise of the CAA this year...worst team in the Big10 beats the best team in the CAA in 2 out of 3.
I love your style, Laxallday!
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:40 am
8meterPA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 am well no one beats NU except for UNC.

I feel a gentlemen’s wager coming soon...
Details and challenge to follow—stay tuned.
Here’s a wager or two that I propose:

Depending on which teams get tapped from each conference, we’ll match them by post conference tournament/pre NCAA tournament ranking and see how they do. For instance, let’s say NU and Penn St get bids, and Drexel and Towson get bids. We’d compare NU with Drexel, and Penn St with Towson and see who had better success at the dance (which may or may not prove conclusive depending on the results.)

Another proposal is which conference provides more teams for the dance.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:32 am
Laxallday wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:24 am I am with you Cletus. First let me say I would love to see a cinderella Drexel story and I have watched them a few times. I hold myself impressed with their poise and style of play. Great story. I have also watched most of the ACC and Big10 games this year.

I also say this will all due respect to the rise of the CAA this year...worst team in the Big10 beats the best team in the CAA in 2 out of 3.
Cletus - I'm guessing that Laxallday is your other burner account?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

8meterPA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 am

Haha—nope! Laxallday can speak for her or himself.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Drexel women’s basketball had a very fortunate run
through the CAA, caught some breaks, also got hot to
make it to the NCAAs.
Field Hockey had a good stretch some years back
and they made it to the Final Eight in the NCAAs.

But,
lacking football since the 1960s,
Lacrosse has taken a prominent position with the
school over the past decade or so.

So DUWLax making it to the NCAAs, maybe placing
themselves in a position for a seeding would be a mojor
step up.
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:45 am
8meterPA wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 am

Haha—nope! Laxallday can speak for her or himself.
ok that would be weird if Cletus was responding to his burner account....and yes I can speak for myself

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”