NCAC 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
OldWU

Re: NCAC 2021

Post by OldWU »

So far just six NCAC schools have signed on for Basketball -- DePauw, Wabash, Wittenberg, Wooster, OWU and Denison.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Thanks for that correction. I didn't realize BB was still in flux.

On a different note, it looks like the Heartland Conference (5 programs) and the OAC are both allowing out-of-conference games. Hanover and Muskingum both have full schedules posted. Hopefully this lets the NCAC teams fill their schedules, as all three conferences look to be starting conference play after March 29, leaving the earlier dates for OOC.

The MIAA appears to be conference only.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
twomuchtoo

Post by twomuchtoo »

I believe the NCAC will permit out-of-division games to be played (there will be two divisions in the NCAC), but not out of conference.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I guess nothing's official until it's announced, and maybe not even then (says every Ohio State football fan), but I'm hearing different things.

The NCAC allowing both, out-of-division and out-of-conference games. With Oberlin's exit, some East/West crossover is coming into play, looking to give all teams a comparable slate of conference games. NCAC matchups not starting until end of March, and up to five non-conference games allowed, probably all scheduled before then. A very fluid situation for sure, but some out of conference games are already posted on opponent schedules.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
SureShot

Post by SureShot »

Oberlin coach hire complete- Ryan Polak
https://goyeo.com/news/2021/2/8/polak-n ... coach.aspx
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Well done Oberlin... glad that despite suspending the Spring sports slate the Admin didn't sit on this open position. Making the hire shows a commitment to the men's lacrosse program - something that many liberal arts schools probably wouldn't be willing to do in such uncertain times if in a similar situation. I don't know Coach Polak but on paper this looks like a quality hire. Coach Polak brings Washington College pedigree and NCAC coaching experience to the Yeoman. Good luck to him and his staff.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

DePauw is first to post their schedule, with five out-of-conference games and conference weekly doubles starting the March 30.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:44 pm I guess nothing's official until it's announced, and maybe not even then (says every Ohio State football fan), but I'm hearing different things.

The NCAC allowing both, out-of-division and out-of-conference games. With Oberlin's exit, some East/West crossover is coming into play, looking to give all teams a comparable slate of conference games. NCAC matchups not starting until end of March, and up to five non-conference games allowed, probably all scheduled before then. A very fluid situation for sure, but some out of conference games are already posted on opponent schedules.
Good for the NCAC! OAC is not allowing out-of-conference games, which in my opinion, is stupid. I don't see the rationale as it relates to covid. What puts the OAC players at Capital or Otterbein at more risk of being exposed to covid, playing Wittenberg, OWU, or Denison? Or traveling and playing Baldwin Wallace and JCU? I guess I could understand no "out of state" games and defintely get the prohibition on overnight trips, but many of the OAC and NCAC schools are closer to each other than some of their confernce rivals.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I agree completely Lurker. Looking at schedules, a fair amount of crossover between the NCAC and the Heartland, both conferences that are allowing some out of conference play. Also looks like the CCIW is taking some of that action.

The NCAC's divisional, double round robin structure is still on, but then allowing some divisional crossover to make up for Oberlin's bailing. I've got a feeling things are gonna change a little every week, especially if this weather holds up. At least a few games are set for next Saturday.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Denison officially announced a return of Spring Varsity Sports competition today. The Big Red has now posted a schedule. Albeit a very limited one ... home and away against "Division" opponents with one crossover game with Wooster. Two additional games against OOC.... beggers can't be choosy! I'LL TAKE IT!

Well done NCAC!
OldWU

Post by OldWU »

Weird not seeing Kenyon on the Denison schedule....they are only 25 miles apart and have played each other forever -- they have a trophy (Thomsen-Heiser) for the winner.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Speaking of Kenyon, OWU opens against Kenyon. Kenyon hasn't posted a schedule, but OWU has (only NCAC opponents).

OWU schedule: https://battlingbishops.com/sports/mens ... edule/2021
Denison: https://denisonbigred.com/sports/mens-l ... ?path=mlax
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Kenyon is posted, all in-conference with four against Allegheny and three crossover games to the west:

https://athletics.kenyon.edu/sports/men ... e/schedule
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Allegheny is up too -- ten games, with four against Kenyon and four against Wooster

https://alleghenygators.com/sports/mens ... e/schedule
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Wooster and Wabash:

https://www.woosterathletics.com/sports ... 1/schedule

https://sports.wabash.edu/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule

Wabash had their whole schedule posted a couple days ago, but now it's only showing the first three games. Overall they had 14 with 4 non-conf plus Kenyon, on top of their eight division games.

I expect all this will be changing weekly.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Wabash and DePauw got their first games in this weekend:

Wabash - 23
Mount Saint Joseph - 8

DePauw - 7
Illinois Wesleyan - 32

Next up:
Wabash is at Anderson on Wednesday and DePauw hosts Earlham on Saturday.
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Denison’s season opener vs Wooster cancelled. Very disappointing... assume it’s due to problems at Wooster because the announcement says Wooster next game cancelled as well. All dressed up and nowhere to go!
OldWU

Post by OldWU »

OWU added a game with D2 Walsh University and opens tomorrow night at 7PM.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

OldWU wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 pm OWU added a game with D2 Walsh University and opens tomorrow night at 7PM.
Denison has also added Walsh, April 13th.

It looks like NCAC schools will be streaming the games on-line as in recent past years.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”