ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:02 am Brian Bonnist https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DLSTlktPE
Had the pleasure of seeing Bonnist playing for Suffern on several occasions. The kids a gamer for sure. W&L got a good one.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

that's a lot of talent. quantity and quality.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:06 am that's a lot of talent. quantity and quality.
Bodes well for the future. I believe both transfers will have an immediate impact. Bonnist is an interesting player, he will run thru stick checks, low center of gravity, shifty with a nice shot. Jed Heald is another player who looks promising perhaps early on.
minkhoo

Post by minkhoo »

Tentative W&L schedule online. 10 games, all conference games. Begins 3/13. Hope they can pull it off.

https://generalssports.com/sports/mens- ... edule/2021
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ODAC Schedule. Opens on February 13.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
oldlaw

Post by oldlaw »

Lynchburg seems to have a relatively normal schedule with Salisbury and The Mustang Classic. No other ODAC school seems that ambitious. Kudos to The Hornets!!
Dehuntshigwa’es

I’m betting out of conference games are going to be subject to, right up to the very day they are suppose to play. Lots of testing and benching of players testing positive or players exposed to those that are positive. I’ll be thankful for any games that are played
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Calling Stu Greenspon to win league POY.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Dehuntshigwa’es

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:27 pm Calling Stu Greenspon to win league POY.
That will mean W&L in all likelihood would have won the ODAC title as well. Colin Dean( hornets) has to be up for this as well
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Hampden-Sydney seems to have a full complement of (ambitious) OOC games on their schedule. Home versus Mary Washington (first game on the schedule, February 13th), Christopher Newport, Cabrini, Ohio Northern and Scranton, Away versus Southern Virginia and Catholic. At present, Shenandoah has five OOC games on their schedule, with their first game on February 6th at William Peace. Ferrum also has five OOC games on their schedule, first game home versus Methodist on February 13th.

On the other hand, Roanoke, Bridgewater and Virginia Wesleyan have only (ten) conference games on their respective schedules to date.

Really hoping that the boys get the chance to play a season. Roll 'Noke!
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Heard today 5’10” 205 lb FOGO Quintin Ricci transferred from U of Mary Washington to UofL for 5th year graduate studies. He went 63% as a Jr. and 54% in 7 games last year with 67 GB, 4G and 1 assists.
He split FO’s vs. HSC last year in a loss and in was out matched, as most were, in their 17-6 loss to W&L winning 7 of 27 with only 1GB.. I’m certain he is chopping at the bit for these matchups at the X this year..
Even a 50% FO% is a distinct improvement from the hornets 27% in their 5 games last year... they should be tough!
Here’s to increased vaccination manufacturing and J&J getting approved so all arms can get sore and we can enjoy a full season!
Dehuntshigwa’es

If he can do 50% against the top teams with Lynchburg returning 5 5th year guys ( and good ones) they’ll run away with it in 21. Chemistry could be an issue with a lot of younger players thinking they lost one season last year and now another to players they anticipated they’d replace. This isn’t D1 lax, players at D3 evaluate their level of play and make choices based upon the strength of a roster and say I believe I’m good enough to get time by my Soph or Jr year. Or at least they have a decent sense that they will get on the field. A lot of those previous assumptions just changed overnight. Tough on juniors who thought Sr would be their year and now it’s not. Very curious to see Will Bou a Richmond transfer and fogo play this season.If Mize is back and healthy he will be the best offensive weapon for W&L this season.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

I'm expecting big things out of H-SC this year. 19 seniors, 11 juniors. Return nearly everyone from last year. Should find out pretty darn early what they are capable of this year with SVU, CNU, Cabrini, and Mary Wash the first four games, with the last three being home games, before what should be a gimme game against Randolph to open ODAC play.

Only significant loss as far as I can tell is Nick Arcuri in goal. Have to think William Schlager has the inside track to take over the starting spot given his experience, though I suspect the battle for it in the fall and going into the spring has been fierce.

Did lose Chris Zoller, who I believe was a short stick D Middie, but everyone else who played in at least 4 of 6 games is back. Please feel free to correct me if he is a significant loss or if I am missing anything else.
Nothinbutthelax

Hoping Roanoke will be a factor.. OOC game, mustang classic are day by day decisions and could be canceled leaving a possibility of ODAC teams seeing each other twice🤔
smmtiger

Post by smmtiger »

thescottharris wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:05 am I'm expecting big things out of H-SC this year. 19 seniors, 11 juniors. Return nearly everyone from last year. Should find out pretty darn early what they are capable of this year with SVU, CNU, Cabrini, and Mary Wash the first four games, with the last three being home games, before what should be a gimme game against Randolph to open ODAC play.

Only significant loss as far as I can tell is Nick Arcuri in goal. Have to think William Schlager has the inside track to take over the starting spot given his experience, though I suspect the battle for it in the fall and going into the spring has been fierce.

Did lose Chris Zoller, who I believe was a short stick D Middie, but everyone else who played in at least 4 of 6 games is back. Please feel free to correct me if he is a significant loss or if I am missing anything else.
Will Perry actually had about equal time and has experience as a starter at Middlebury, who split goalie time a la Denver with Tierney. Looks like we have two capable options (Schlager performed well in his 1 start I can remember against Catholic). Either way, I am super excited for a strong year from this years Tiger squad!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:53 am Hoping Roanoke will be a factor.. OOC game, mustang classic are day by day decisions and could be canceled leaving a possibility of ODAC teams seeing each other twice🤔
Yes, murmurs are that the MAC conferences will be doing a unified-conference only season. If so, that would make the traditional mustang classic a no go.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Nothinbutthelax

Conference only is intriguing. Can make ODAC stronger with rumors the northern teams may do a Cuomo (al la Gilman).

Been thinking about team chemistry Dhunt..I guess all players have 5th year eligibility for losing 2020. LC grad program options may see player for a few years but most will move on.. May see some transfers to see time? Those who stay will sharpen the metal of all as competition will be lit.. A talented soph. say, getting bumped due to 4th year may create sour grapes and hurt culture. Something to watch.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:50 pm Conference only is intriguing. Can make ODAC stronger with rumors the northern teams may do a Cuomo (al la Gilman).

Been thinking about team chemistry Dhunt..I guess all players have 5th year eligibility for losing 2020. LC grad program options may see player for a few years but most will move on.. May see some transfers to see time? Those who stay will sharpen the metal of all as competition will be lit.. A talented soph. say, getting bumped due to 4th year may create sour grapes and hurt culture. Something to watch.
I’m curious to see how so many 5th year players works out at Lynchburg. No doubt Lynchburg has the most talent in the conference or perhaps I should say proven talent. You never know what players emerge at HSC who should be very good along with W&L. Noke I believe still has some issues to resolve
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Looks like Randolph Macon and Shenandoah are on campus and practicing.

I'm getting excited, this thing might actually happen! :shock:
ThirdString

Post by ThirdString »

RMC schedule out today with an ambitious OOC with Salisbury, CNU, WAC, St Mary’s and MWC.

Time to see if Jackets are moving up or if last year was a product of an extremely weak out of conference slate.

Noke shows no OOC at the moment while Shenandoah and VA Wes show abbreviated OOC along with the others mentioned above.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”