Denver

D1 Womens Lacrosse
LarryGamLax

Re: Denver

Post by LarryGamLax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:28 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:11 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:04 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:41 pm I know--this makes no sense whatsoever. Sometimes common sense has to figure into the equation but there is an increasing trend to blindly follow the analytics. Denver beating Stanford in the 1st round of the NCAA's doesn't factor into the final ranking. Just plain stupid. Same with BC winning the national title and beating NC in the semi's yet NC is still ranked #1 in RPI. Blind stupidity. But hey--you and I know Denver should be ranked higher than Stanford so the folks who determined the final rankings can go pound sand.
That's because RPI is a calculation, not a poll. IWLCA had BC ranked as 1 for the last poll of the season, but BC having 3 losses on the season cost them in the RPI rankings.
A faulty calculation by my estimate. What do you think of Denver?
Saw Denver play twice in 2021 out west and fall ball a couple of weeks ago in B'more. Until there is more regional consistency in officiating, they will continue to struggle to adjust when they come east. The out-of-control sticks that they are accustomed to getting away with are ridiculous and completely out of the norm, not to mention dangerous. Denver had 4 YCs in each of the 2 25 minutes halves I saw them play at Loyola. In Fall Ball! Sticks swinging and bodies flying! YIKES!

I was there with you and I saw the same thing. I will state what I always say about this : it's Fall Ball. To me it gives coaches a chance to see what they have on the Roster. I don't agree with the comment "out of Control sticks" because that sounds like players didn't care and I do not agree with that. I know that Liza Kelly is one of the BEST HCs in the game and has done a terrific job since taking over the program when Cathy Reese left to return to College Park. When the Spring season starts LK will have Denver going nice and steady. They are a solid and consistent top 20 program.
Last edited by LarryGamLax on Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:28 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:11 pm
wlaxphan20 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:04 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:41 pm I know--this makes no sense whatsoever. Sometimes common sense has to figure into the equation but there is an increasing trend to blindly follow the analytics. Denver beating Stanford in the 1st round of the NCAA's doesn't factor into the final ranking. Just plain stupid. Same with BC winning the national title and beating NC in the semi's yet NC is still ranked #1 in RPI. Blind stupidity. But hey--you and I know Denver should be ranked higher than Stanford so the folks who determined the final rankings can go pound sand.
That's because RPI is a calculation, not a poll. IWLCA had BC ranked as 1 for the last poll of the season, but BC having 3 losses on the season cost them in the RPI rankings.
A faulty calculation by my estimate. What do you think of Denver?
Saw Denver play twice in 2021 out west and fall ball a couple of weeks ago in B'more. Until there is more regional consistency in officiating, they will continue to struggle to adjust when they come east. The out-of-control sticks that they are accustomed to getting away with are ridiculous and completely out of the norm, not to mention dangerous. Denver had 4 YCs in each of the 2 25 minutes halves I saw them play at Loyola. In Fall Ball! Sticks swinging and bodies flying! YIKES!
That reminded me. My little princess had her uniform dirtied by those reckless Pios....I joke....In reality she got a stick up in the head and was in the protocol for a little while. Just part of playin big girl lax. Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue :D
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am They are a solid and perineal top 20 program.
Ummm Larry, you may want to fix that post....

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/dic ... h/perineal
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:47 pm
LarryGamLax wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:22 am They are a solid and perineal top 20 program.

I learned a new word today!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

I am apologizing to Watcherinthewoods. I took something that she said as a Personal affront and I know that she did not mean it that way after speaking with her.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:47 pm

Oh geez...thank you.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Roughly 74 days away in Denver...

The Pioneers should repeat easily enough in the Big East. Is 2022 when they make some noise in the NCAA's and reach championship weekend? They made the quarters in 2019.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Denver has an out of conference gave vs BC this year. Should be interesting.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Lax101 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:27 am Denver has an out of conference gave vs BC this year. Should be interesting.
Ooh that’s an interesting little tidbit. BC is 3-0 all-time vs the Pioneers. Last time they met was 2003.
user1020

Post by user1020 »

Denver is very consistent, I hope they continue to improve and stay a top 10 team each year. Rooting for them to make the final 4
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

Good article about Denver. They definitely have to fight to get in/stay in the Top of the polls. Hopefully their RPI will continue to strengthen and they can play more teams. It's tough being out West. I doubt BC will go out to Denver again. The boys get to fly all over creation playing-so with the girls' success-hopefully they can be granted the same privileges and get to go and play the best and be better prepared for NCAAs.
OuttaNowhereWregget

user1020 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:48 pm Rooting for them to make the final 4
Right there with you. I'd love to see them make the final four this year.
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

LS Kelly...one of the top ten coaches in the game. Year-in, Year-out Denver is one of the most consistent programs in the country.

And it's done without the vaunted Nike or Under Armour HS All-American Blue Chippers.

To paraphrase a classic TV commercial featuring Michael Jordan and Spike Lee, "It's gotta be the Coaching, Money."
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

LS Kelly...one of the top ten coaches in the game. Year-in, Year-out Denver is one of the most consistent programs in the country.

And it's done without the vaunted Nike or Under Armour HS All-American Blue Chippers.

To paraphrase a classic TV commercial featuring Michael Jordan and Spike Lee, "It's gotta be the Coaching, Money."
I am biased but my girls LOVE playing for LIza! She is a great coach and a great person as well!
OuttaNowhereWregget

Some of the members here tip their hand as to who their daughters are and which teams they play for. But this was well done. Denver has not one, not two, but three sets of sisters playing on the team. I’ll say it again—well done.
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

Code: Select all

Denver has not one, not two, but three sets of sisters playing on the team. 
And more coming next year. LOL
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:36 am Some of the members here tip their hand as to who their daughters are and which teams they play for. But this was well done. Denver has not one, not two, but three sets of sisters playing on the team. I’ll say it again—well done.
What do you mean tip our hands...Do you know who my daughter is? Oh no.....she is going to be so mad. :oops:
OuttaNowhereWregget

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:21 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:36 am Some of the members here tip their hand as to who their daughters are and which teams they play for. But this was well done. Denver has not one, not two, but three sets of sisters playing on the team. I’ll say it again—well done.
What do you mean tip our hands...Do you know who my daughter is? Oh no.....she is going to be so mad. :oops:
I didn’t even know you had a daughter! 😉

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”