Cornell coach search

D1 Mens Lacrosse
LaxPundit07

Re: Cornell coach search

Post by LaxPundit07 »

One could argue Sowell isn’t the coach at Navy anymore exactly because he didn’t “understand” the challenges of the rigors at Navy and the culture there.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:47 pm Still don’t understand why Polley isn’t talked about more? Has Pat Myers dome enough to warrant a look? What abot Cheis Gabrielli or I still think Jim Morrissey got a raw deal at HC.
Polley def warrants a look. Was kind of surprised he didn't get the Harvard job last year. Myers resume as an assistant is strong but hasn't really shown much as a HC, but he's also at Lafayette.

If they go assistants, Georgalas was on Tambro's staff and has a good reputation
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:52 pm What about the young guy at Vermont? Was with Breschi for a while, then seemed to do a good deal with a tough recruit in Burlington.
That's Feifs, HF16 mentioned him
Ithacaz

Post by Ithacaz »

Keep young assistants in tact, either take a shot and promote one of them or bring a Kyle Georgealas (sp?) back from Army . Keep this in house. We are too close to change the mechanics.... If NFL can hire 30 yr old head coach, college lacrosse can hire mid twenty’s to keep the continuity.... Buczek has to have a major part of why that offense is moving the ball the way it is....... my .02

Or

Bring Dave back, free school for employees kids and he keeps our assistants.

Ricky Sowell. No thanks.

Wild card : Tillman to Alma Mater
Last edited by Ithacaz on Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

jrn19 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:47 pm Still don’t understand why Polley isn’t talked about more? Has Pat Myers dome enough to warrant a look? What abot Cheis Gabrielli or I still think Jim Morrissey got a raw deal at HC.
Polley def warrants a look. Was kind of surprised he didn't get the Harvard job last year. Myers resume as an assistant is strong but hasn't really shown much as a HC, but he's also at Lafayette.

If they go assistants, Georgalas was on Tambro's staff and has a good reputation
I wouldn't be surprised if Georgalas gets a look.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Ithacaz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm Keep young assistants in tact, either take a shot and promote one of them or bring a Kyle Georgealas (sp?) back from Army . Keep this in house. We are too close to change the mechanics.... If NFL can hire 30 yr old head coach, college lacrosse can hire mid twenty’s to keep the continuity.... Buczek has to have a major part of why that offense is moving the call the way it is....... my .02

Or

Bring Dave back, free school for employees kids and he keeps our assistants.

Ricky Sowell. No thanks.

Wild card : Tillman to Alma Mater
Great post. As I noted earlier, Buczek is the offense and the goalies... Must keep him.
laxdadj

Post by laxdadj »

Kyle Georgalas should end up being a leading candidate. He was a team captain at Cornell, coached at Cornell for 5 years under Tambroni and is Associate Head Coach at Army under Alberici. Highly regarded coach in industry. Will get endorsement from two well known coaches he has worked for who are extremely well respected.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

The last "Head Coach" appointed head coach at Cornell was Ned Harkness. He was formerly Head Coach at RPI. All other coaches since 1970 have been either elevated from an assistant role, or in the case of Richie Moran, had club coaching and high school coaching experience. As noted in his book, Coach Moran came to Ithaca expecting to become an assistant football coach.
QuakerSouth

Post by QuakerSouth »

Ithacaz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm Buczek has to have a major part of why that offense is moving the ball the way it is....... my .02
Thats exactly why Milliman will want to bring him to JHU. Keep the band together kind of thing.

If he stays at Cornell, you've got to give him the keys to the store. Is he ready? Who knows. But humans have an uncanny ability to rise to challenges.
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

Count me as a vote against Sowell. His tenure at Navy was underwhelming to say the least.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Prepare to have mind blown:

Ben DeLuca comes back!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:02 pm Prepare to have mind blown:

Ben DeLuca comes back!
Thanks for the laugh.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

give seremet a call?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

I would think they go for an Upstate guy. Nads or Chemotti?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

QuakerSouth wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:49 pm
Ithacaz wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm Buczek has to have a major part of why that offense is moving the ball the way it is....... my .02
Thats exactly why Milliman will want to bring him to JHU. Keep the band together kind of thing.

If he stays at Cornell, you've got to give him the keys to the store. Is he ready? Who knows. But humans have an uncanny ability to rise to challenges.
I agree, this option would be high on my list.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Chousnake wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 pm Count me as a vote against Sowell. His tenure at Navy was underwhelming to say the least.
I believe Sowell won as many NCAA games as your former coach ;) Plus he won tournament games at SBU and made the tournament at Dartmouth. Coaching Navy is a different animal, and, I think the days of Army/Navy making major noise in lax is over, IMHO. When looking at the resume's of the various guys on the list, Sowell has accomplished more(with less, one could argue). Personally, I couldn't care less. Petro was winless against the Statesmen during his tenure, maybe we should be pulling for him??!!

Nadelen would be an interesting choice; my guess is Chemotti will stay south and hope to land at his alma mater in due course. Plus, he has things rolling at Richmond with fewer barriers to the tourney.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Polley. Supposedly he has some kind of skeleton in his closest I’m not familiar with.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Whoever is in charge of the offense needs a look. Besides the talent the offensive approach is excellent.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

FlyEaglesFly wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:28 am I would think they go for an Upstate guy. Nads or Chemotti?
Add another Upstate guy...
Bill Wilson - AF head coach
HS at West Genny , College at Loyola
Has Ivy coaching and recruiting experience. Was Assistant at Princeton and Cornell. Head coach at Dartmouth.
Also at Hofstra
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Don’t recall his Dartmouth run being particularly notable.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”