FanLax Forum Poll

D3 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

SixBySix wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:55 am I am interested in giving it a try! I could use a good reason to keep up with the broader D3 landscape and watch some games from new teams!
Added and I sent you the password. The link to the Poll Submits is towards the bottom of this page: http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/01/30/fanlax-forum-polls/
Harco2019

Post by Harco2019 »

In, if you need some others
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Harco2019 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:31 pm In, if you need some others
Added and I sent you the password. The link to the Poll Submits is towards the bottom of this page: http://fanlax.com/fanlax/2020/01/30/fanlax-forum-polls/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Redbirds

Post by Redbirds »

Would be in if you are looking for more
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

8 of our (currently) 13 Preseason Polls (soon to be 14 with redbird) have been submitted and I don't think that I should share the Poll info until all the Polls are in but I did it for the D1 Men and... Whatever. Once the season starts, I'll be more disciplined about not letting people peak behind the curtain. On Tuesday night, I'll share the Individual Polls as well as a more complete FORUM POLL (an amalgamation of all the Individual Polls) but, for now, this is what the FORUM POLL looks like:

1 Williams
2 Salisbury
3 Amherst
4 Tufts
5 RIT
6 Cabrini
7 Denison
8 Gettysburg
9 Franklin & Marshall
10 Wash. & Lee
11 York (PA)
12 Wesleyan (CT)
13 Lynchburg
14 Ursinus
15 Union (NY)
16 St. John Fisher
17 Stevens
18 Stevenson
19 Chris. Newport
20 Dickinson
21 St. Lawrence
22 Bates
23 SUNY Cortland
24 St. Mary's (MD)
25 Hampden-Sydney
Ohio Wesleyan
Rensselaer
Middlebury
Ithaca
Springfield
Coast Guard
Rhodes
Ill. Wesleyan

Kind of Interesting.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Redbirds wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:00 pm Would be in if you are looking for more
Caddy Day
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

I thought the first poll was due Feb 3. Salisbury opens their season Feb 2.

Shouldn't we wait to see their result before ranking them?

Isn't that why the game is played? Not to mention possibly disrespecting an opponent.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

February 3 is a Monday. the Poll is due by the end of day Monday. We're calling that Poll a Preseason Poll.
overandback

Post by overandback »

I'd like to participate. Thanks
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

I did the old poll in laxpower years ago for D1 and D3. Only did the D1 for a year maybe 2 tops. It’s a lot if you are truly being objective. The top 10 isn’t too hard, I’ll only go to top 20. Quite frankly you can almost throw a hat over 10-20 it’s so competitive. Polls should be in before the first season games are played, that’s why its a preseason poll! BTW button your chin strap if you are doing this, you will be called out for each and every choice you make so you better have a rationale for your opinion. Not just by the riff raff that normally cruises this site but by other pollsters as well😂. Just kidding about the snide remark, I’m practicing
oldtimelax

Post by oldtimelax »

I would be glad to be a part of this if you need me....LMK
overandback

Post by overandback »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:13 pm 8 of our (currently) 13 Preseason Polls (soon to be 14 with redbird) have been submitted and I don't think that I should share the Poll info until all the Polls are in but I did it for the D1 Men and... Whatever. Once the season starts, I'll be more disciplined about not letting people peak behind the curtain. On Tuesday night, I'll share the Individual Polls as well as a more complete FORUM POLL (an amalgamation of all the Individual Polls) but, for now, this is what the FORUM POLL looks like:

1 Williams
2 Salisbury
3 Amherst
4 Tufts
5 RIT
6 Cabrini
7 Denison
8 Gettysburg
9 Franklin & Marshall
10 Wash. & Lee
11 York (PA)
12 Wesleyan (CT)
13 Lynchburg
14 Ursinus
15 Union (NY)
16 St. John Fisher
17 Stevens
18 Stevenson
19 Chris. Newport
20 Dickinson
21 St. Lawrence
22 Bates
23 SUNY Cortland
24 St. Mary's (MD)
25 Hampden-Sydney
Ohio Wesleyan
Rensselaer
Middlebury
Ithaca
Springfield
Coast Guard
Rhodes
Ill. Wesleyan

Kind of Interesting.
I'm shorting NESCAC, liking LL/NY State teams, and making chalk bet on Gulls.
Might throw a little down on Gburg and F&M.
Crapshoot as always.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

You heard it here first, don’t sleep on Bates. Played Williams and RIT both to within 2. Beat Wesleyan. Return all top 5 goal scorers plus keeper.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

overandback wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:07 pm I'd like to participate. Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

oldtimelax wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:20 pm I would be glad to be a part of this if you need me....LMK
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

I submitted my results for the 2020 PRE SEASON POLL 10 am Feb 2 ahead of the Salisbury/Berry opener Feb 2 @ noon. My picks are strictly off 2019 NCAA tournament scores so Cabrini and Amherst get first nods as is customary and respectful.

Thereafter I go with Williams, Tufts and York, the latter two overdue for a NC. As is #7 RIT. W&L is #8 and I always wonder why they didn’t stay D 1 when they had the chance (like Hobart).

#9 is Denison b/c Coach Caravana always whips his men into shape come May. Great fellow. #11 are the Bullets and #12 LYN; lax fans don’t need explanations. Above #12 are personal favorites so please no offense for any teams not listed.

#13 WNEU with their Coach; good fundamentals and always a contender with a puncher’s chance.
#15 SUNY Maritime is a newcomer and welcome to the party. #14 Rhoads plays the Gulls March 9 and nice to see them boosting their SOS.

I tried to post Grove City #16 after their exciting OT NCAA playoff game but FL format didn’t allow it. Touching moment circle of prayer with SUNY Maritime after the OT play-in game. Good fortune 2020 Grove City.

I placed the Gulls #6 b/c I want to see their goalie issues resolved and an Offense quarterback emerge. Somebody needs to be the Go 2 Guy. With an average goalie they’ll be vulnerable on an off day. W/O a Go 2 Guy they’ll flail like end Q 4 NC 2017 v Wesleyan. A Gull team in May is not the team which opens the season. Physically, returning lettermen and coaching staff put them top of the list for most rankers. For MrLax2U the Gulls have an uphill climb.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

This is the kind of contrarian take that makes for a good poll! Can see the ODAC fandom shining through, but will be cool to see if some of those less-well-known teams have a hot year and make you look like Nostradamus.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

SixBySix wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:28 pm This is the kind of contrarian take that makes for a good poll! Can see the ODAC fandom shining through, but will be cool to see if some of those less-well-known teams have a hot year and make you look like Nostradamus.
Wednesday morning after the individual polls are put out the shelling will begin, time to take cover pollsters, irate fans will be out in force 😂
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

MrLax2U wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:17 am I submitted my results for the 2020 PRE SEASON POLL 10 am Feb 2 ahead of the Salisbury/Berry opener Feb 2 @ noon.

I placed the Gulls #6 b/c I want to see their goalie issues resolved and an Offense quarterback emerge. Somebody needs to be the Go 2 Guy. With an average goalie they’ll be vulnerable on an off day. W/O a Go 2 Guy they’ll flail like end Q 4 NC 2017 v Wesleyan. A Gull team in May is not the team which opens the season. Physically, returning lettermen and coaching staff put them top of the list for most rankers. For MrLax2U the Gulls have an uphill climb.
Might want have waited? 27-3 game with alot of firepower. If as you claim, and is usually correct and the Gulls continue to get better as the season continues this could be a pretty special team. Let the doubters doubt, but when these players play....wow. Cross, Melton, and Moroney all looked very good. First line middies will just get better and better, Thrasher dodging down from up top is like a freight train coming down the tracks. Not to many going to want to be part of that wreck. Defense looked great, Kness is healthy and looked great back on the field.
SixBySix

Post by SixBySix »

Pinchnpop wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:17 am Might want have waited? 27-3 game with alot of firepower.
I don't know if there is a scoreline in a game against Berry that would positively impact my impression of Salisbury. If that's not a blowout, Salisbury is in a very unusual and worrisome place--just like they were last year. Throttle Lynchburg this week and I will be impressed.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”