Dartmouth Women

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Lucky Laxer

Re: Dartmouth Women 2020

Post by Lucky Laxer »

Rafter,

I was searching old emails and ran across "FanLax" which I totally forgot about; easily attributable to my old age or that I'm just not overly bright. Doing my best to avoid working on my tax returns, I figured I'd check-in. I was tickled to see you still backing the Green! Keep up the good work!

I hope to see you're still here when I remember to check in again, assuming I do remember:lol:
rafterjack

Re: Dartmouth Women’s Lacrosse

Post by rafterjack »

P.S. Seacoaster- I have asked admin if they might close this topic/site seeing that inadvertently when I opened it there already was a Dartmouth Women’s Lacrosse topic. Don’t know the rules for such. We see. Hope ok with you. Rafter
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Moved...

PS Never received anything from you. Just stumbled upon your post.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Lucky Laxer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:27 am Rafter,

I was searching old emails and ran across "FanLax" which I totally forgot about; easily attributable to my old age or that I'm just not overly bright. Doing my best to avoid working on my tax returns, I figured I'd check-in. I was tickled to see you still backing the Green! Keep up the good work!

I hope to see you're still here when I remember to check in again, assuming I do remember:lol:
Where have you been? Where are you hiding 2P?
rafterjack

Post by rafterjack »

Thanks LL so good to hear your voice ... together again!! :o Seacoaster, LL, PP, Rafter... we got it goin’ on. :D Here in CT this A.M. perfect lacrosse weather a la Hanover. Cold sunny brilliantly clear frost/flurries. “Down from the Hills they come ... “ BU has played three games, yes, Dartmouth 10 and 1 against them at home. Careful coming off a big away win at home new coach 10 and 1 careful careful careful

Oh yes, TL ... needs a little love 💕 right now. Sending. Who else have I Missed?
rafterjack

Post by rafterjack »

wlaxnut wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:59 pm
rafterjack wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:54 pm Whoops, didn’t see this Dartmouth Topic already posted ... will transfer my comments when I figure out how to do so. RJ
Any way you can help on this Admin? Matnum?
Thanks wlaxnut!! Think closing of my (other) topic may be in progress. Excited about the coming season. 🙃
rafterjack

Post by rafterjack »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:01 pm Moved...

PS Never received anything from you. Just stumbled upon your post.
Thank you admin idea is to erase or transfer the one I opened. I don’t know how these things work. Saw your three posts. Is there an action I need to take?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dartmouth holds serve, playing a nice second half against BU.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

rafterjack wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:28 pmThank you admin idea is to erase or transfer the one I opened. I don’t know how these things work. Saw your three posts. Is there an action I need to take?
Nope. You're all set.
rafterjack

Post by rafterjack »

admin wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:13 am
rafterjack wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:28 pmThank you admin idea is to erase or transfer the one I opened. I don’t know how these things work. Saw your three posts. Is there an action I need to take?
Nope. You're all set.
Thank you
rafterjack

Post by rafterjack »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:42 pm Dartmouth holds serve, playing a nice second half against BU.
“Holds serve ... “
Nice. Works for me!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

rafterjack wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:44 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:42 pm Dartmouth holds serve, playing a nice second half against BU.
“Holds serve ... “
Nice. Works for me!
Nice day in Hanover yesterday. "Hold serve" means they won, as expected.
rafterjack

Post by rafterjack »

Ah, Seacoster, i liked the metaphor. And Brown, any thoughts? See they at BC tomorrow. See, too, wins over Siena and Bryant.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

rafterjack wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:45 pm Ah, Seacoster, i liked the metaphor. And Brown, any thoughts? See they at BC tomorrow. See, too, wins over Siena and Bryant.
I’ll be in attendance. Not outside the realm of possibility for Brown to pull the upset. They’re going to have to work hard though. They can’t come in and just hope things go their way. BC is ripe for the pickin’ these days.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Dartmouth Women 2022

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 pm Excited to see how new coach Alex Frank and the Big Green do this year!

HANOVER, N.H. – The Dartmouth women's lacrosse schedule for the 2020 regular season has been announced by head coach Alex Frank.

In her first season at the helm of the Big Green, Frank will lead her team in 15 regular season games from February through the end of April.

The team will begin on the road at UMass on February 15, matching the earliest start to a season in program history with last year's game at Northwestern. The Green will kick off the home portion of the schedule on Saturday, Feb. 22 when they host Boston University.

In total, Dartmouth will host six games at Scully-Fahey Field in 2020, while heading out on the road for eight contests. Of those six home games, three will be against Ivy League teams with the first coming on Mar. 21 when Columbia comes to town. Penn (April 11) and Yale (April 25) mark the other two league home tilts this spring.

After the home opener against the Terriers, the Green and White will welcome national power Florida (Mar. 3) and regional rival New Hampshire (Mar. 7) to Hanover in the next two contests in the Upper Valley.

In addition to a four-game slate of Ivies on the road, starting with Brown (Feb. 29), Dartmouth also has tough tests at Albany (Mar. 15), Boston College (Mar. 18) and Jacksonville (Mar. 24) during the course of the season.

Additionally, the Big Green will take on Army West Point in a neutral-site game to be played at Deerfield Academy on April 1.
edited title of thread and bumping up for comment from Dartmouth fans
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Dartmouth Women

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Big Green! Looking rough and ready. I hope they exceed expectations and have a great year. Season opener tomorrow in the Live Free or Die state vs UNH.

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Great start by the Big Green, dominating all phases of play versus UNH.

UNH got the first two goals, but then D's Katie Elders put up 3 straight to take the lead which was never again challenged. 11-3.

15 saves by the UNH tender kept it reasonable. Dartmouth's tender only faced 6 shots on net.

Only nit, I'd like to see more assisted goals. But great start.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:07 pm Great start by the Big Green, dominating all phases of play versus UNH.

UNH got the first two goals, but then D's Katie Elders put up 3 straight to take the lead which was never again challenged. 11-3.

15 saves by the UNH tender kept it reasonable. Dartmouth's tender only faced 6 shots on net.

I hope you’re right. But UNH is a glorified high school team these days.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:07 pm Great start by the Big Green, dominating all phases of play versus UNH.

ouch...I'd not say that of any competitor and certainly not on my home team's thread about a competitor...

Bottomline, great start...wish I could say that of the men...I'm hoping they give me more to be pleased with as we go along...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:08 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:10 pm

ouch...I'd not say that of any competitor and certainly not on my home team's thread about a competitor...

Bottomline, great start...wish I could say that of the men...I'm hoping they give me more to be pleased with as we go along...
I went to UNH, and remember Sandy Bridgman’s teams. We’ve fallen pretty far.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”