TV & Streaming 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HooDat

Re: TV & Streaming 2020

Post by HooDat »

to be honest - I wish the D1 games weren't "televised" and we could just watch a live stream. They include one of two very entertaining options on commentary: 1) none, or 2) some college kids who is a total homer and usually quite funny (whether intentional or not).

Either way they ALL beat Carcaterra!
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

HooDat wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:31 am to be honest - I wish the D1 games weren't "televised" and we could just watch a live stream. They include one of two very entertaining options on commentary: 1) none, or 2) some college kids who is a total homer and usually quite funny (whether intentional or not).

This might be the worst comment I've seen. You'd rather not have the sport on TV and be exposed to more people because of some of the commentary. That's not how the sport expands.

Maybe you should email the folks that run those networks and tell them to not air lax...
118:24 #HHH
hens62

Post by hens62 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:36 am People on twitter asking for D-2, D-3 games to be televised. Look I get it, but that is about choices . D-2, D-3 in any sport is not on television! Period. Then Taylor Cummings complaining about the lack of women’s games on the schedule. It’s a miracle that many women’s games are shown. As much as lacrosse has grown, it’s still small in many ways. Men’s D-1 stirs the drink.
Agreed... have a feeling if they scheduled completely based on viewership ratings it would be even more lopsided unfortunately. No shot at the women's game at all, just the reality of sports today
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

cuseman4133 wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:12 pm
HooDat wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:31 am to be honest - I wish the D1 games weren't "televised" and we could just watch a live stream. They include one of two very entertaining options on commentary: 1) none, or 2) some college kids who is a total homer and usually quite funny (whether intentional or not).

This might be the worst comment I've seen. You'd rather not have the sport on TV and be exposed to more people because of some of the commentary. That's not how the sport expands.

Maybe you should email the folks that run those networks and tell them to not air lax...
why do i care if the sport "expands"? Especially if ESPN and Disney control what games i get to see?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

ESPN made College Lx, w the F4 in the 80’s & 90’s! End of story. The F4’s in College Park Md (late 80’s) put this game on the map! The schedule is ACC slanted but it’s somewhat understandable!
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

I agree with you. There are times when I wish I could just have a live feed with field mics to hear the sounds of the game, the sounds from the field and sidelines and the roar of the crowd--without commentary. Often play-by-play/color commentators can be irritating. Maybe down the road when technology increases, the viewer will be able to choose.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I would rather have universal livestreams than have to sign up with 4 different networks on top of the ESPN family.
I ain't payin' if the Jays ain't playin'

Plus I have enjoyed both extremes of professionalism in live streams. I recall a very enthusiastic student-run webcast of a UMBC game and I think Coach Cottle and the Loyola webcast matches up well against the best on ESPN.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:23 am

I agree with you. There are times when I wish I could just have a live feed with field mics to hear the sounds of the game, the sounds from the field and sidelines and the roar of the crowd--without commentary. Often play-by-play/color commentators can be irritating. Maybe down the road when technology increases, the viewer will be able to choose.
I'm with ya
molo

Post by molo »

I don't have cable and have been able in the past to get whatever I couldn't get live on espn on replay. I tried today to get the replays of the Duke and UNC games but got the same message about "provider" that I get when the games are not available to those who don't pay for espn.
johnnyonthegunpowder

molo wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:06 pm I don't have cable and have been able in the past to get whatever I couldn't get live on espn on replay. I tried today to get the replays of the Duke and UNC games but got the same message about "provider" that I get when the games are not available to those who don't pay for espn.
I tried the HULU free trial and I'm glad I did not just get the subscription like I did last year. No replays, just re-airs at a given time the following days. All the good games are on the ACC network.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

You guys should look into YouTube TV. I don’t have cable but I get the ACC Network (plus a whole host of other channels, many of which are sports channels) through ESPN plus on YouTube TV. Just 50 bucks a month. Not too shabby I can tell you. I watch all the lacrosse I want.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Good call. Youtube looks to allow unlimited storage for recorded events, so that might be answered. I'll probably give it a shot in week 2 or three.
wlaxnut

Post by wlaxnut »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:34 pm Good call. Youtube looks to allow unlimited storage for recorded events, so that might be answered. I'll probably give it a shot in week 2 or three.
Another great feature is not having to set to record games. You check the box in men’s NCAA lacrosse once, and from that point on it automatically records every single broadcast of NCAA men’s lacrosse regardless of the channel, regardless of the time, and keeps them in your library/DVR, whatever, for about a year. Best deal I ever stumbled on. I didn’t think YouTube had it in them to come up with such a polished service, especially for sports fans.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wlaxnut wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:54 pm
johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:34 pm Good call. Youtube looks to allow unlimited storage for recorded events, so that might be answered. I'll probably give it a shot in week 2 or three.
Another great feature is not having to set to record games. You check the box in men’s NCAA lacrosse once, and from that point on it automatically records every single broadcast of NCAA men’s lacrosse regardless of the channel, regardless of the time, and keeps them in your library/DVR, whatever, for about a year. Best deal I ever stumbled on. I didn’t think YouTube had it in them to come up with such a polished service, especially for sports fans.
Couple that with the Patriot League Network live feeds and their archived games and you can get quite a bit.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
laxpert

Post by laxpert »

YouTube TV is offering two weeks free...offer ends 2/13 .... then I'll take advantage of HULU's free 7 day trial .. then Sling... then AT&T now..then FUBU

Headed to the local eatery that allows me to combine my AARP discount with the Early Bird Speicial :D
youthathletics

TV & Streaming - Men's D1 2020

Post by youthathletics »

Like last year. Any chance someone has a full schedule of what is on TV/Streaming and we can pin this thread to the top of the 2020 thread?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Re: TV & Streaming - Men's D1 2020

Post by DMac »

I think this is a brilliant idea, ease and practicality all wrapped up in one. I've recently suggested this on the wlax side as well and have received pushback on it for reasons that are pretty much incomprehensible to me.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This link has at least the game schedule but nothing under the Watch Column. https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/di/calendar/2020

US Lacrosse seems to have it documented: https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/media/tv-listings
~Livy
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I think you're looking for this thread: viewtopic.php?f=290&t=1647. (The one you're in right now.)

PS I'm going to have admin move these posts into this thread.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:28 pm ...and we can pin this thread to the top of the 2020 thread?
I just pinned it. Some people don't like having threads pinned but... Let's see how this goes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”