Landmark 2020

D3 Mens Lacrosse
MDlacrosse45

Re: Landmark 2020

Post by MDlacrosse45 »

Suskypride wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 am
Landmarkguy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:48 pm Does anyone know what is going on at SU?? Starting 0-3 with F&M looming.

I understand they have graduated a lot of seniors which I understand is never easy to move on from. However, to lose to a team like Kings makes me question if they can even be competitive in the landmark, yet alone D3. Hope the coaching staff can get this team going in the right direction.
Rebuild as stated earlier. Young inexperienced team and no Colton Dick vs Kings would be my best guess. Although offense has been stagnant and defense not much better, could all be reasons for the poor start. I’d hate to see what the scores may have been without their goalies doing well.
Hate the term "rebuild" in college athletics, thats why you recruit. Susquehanna seems to be starting a lot of juniors and seniors for it to be a rebuild. Either way rebuild or not a program like Susquehanna should never lose to a team like Kings. Not good. Havent seem them play yet this year but did the guys they lose to graduation have that big of an impact on that team?
On another note I think its even more clear that the Landmark is a two team race between Scranton and Etown, can't imagine any other Landmark team coming close to knocking those two off. Not a great start for the Landmark.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

MDlacrosse45 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:41 am
Suskypride wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:36 am
Landmarkguy wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:48 pm Does anyone know what is going on at SU?? Starting 0-3 with F&M looming.

I understand they have graduated a lot of seniors which I understand is never easy to move on from. However, to lose to a team like Kings makes me question if they can even be competitive in the landmark, yet alone D3. Hope the coaching staff can get this team going in the right direction.
Rebuild as stated earlier. Young inexperienced team and no Colton Dick vs Kings would be my best guess. Although offense has been stagnant and defense not much better, could all be reasons for the poor start. I’d hate to see what the scores may have been without their goalies doing well.
Hate the term "rebuild" in college athletics, thats why you recruit. Susquehanna seems to be starting a lot of juniors and seniors for it to be a rebuild. Either way rebuild or not a program like Susquehanna should never lose to a team like Kings. Not good. Havent seem them play yet this year but did the guys they lose to graduation have that big of an impact on that team?
On another note I think its even more clear that the Landmark is a two team race between Scranton and Etown, can't imagine any other Landmark team coming close to knocking those two off. Not a great start for the Landmark.
Rebuild in the sense that the junior and seniors they have haven’t played much before this year. They definitely have a few freshman worth watching but I agree recruiting has a lot to do with the cupboard being bare. New OC and new system on both sides of the ball could take some time to learn. Kings always plays SU tough but I agree it’s a bad loss and leaves little wiggle room the rest of the way.
As per Landmark favorites I agree with you on Scranton and E’town. But don’t count Catholic out just yet. Always a talented roster and a dangerous team. Scranton looks tough so far but E’town always seem to have an edge on the rest of the Landmark.
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

FELLASS, its game day!
Got some great match ups for some mid week lacrosse.

The landmark is taking on the Centennial Conference!!

Etown V. Dickinson- Think Etown makes a big statement and pulls out a close one goal game. Etown Wins 11-10
Goucher V. McDaniel- I think this will be a good game and Goucher should hold their own. Would be a great win for Goucher. Goucher Wins 12-10
SU V. F&M- F&M got embarrassed last week so I don't know what's going on there, but as history has shown we can all chalk this one up to an L for SU. This is good exposure for these young players, hopefully F&M doesn't take it to them trying to rebound from last weeks L. F&M Wins 22-4

Drew V Maritime- Maritime is a strong team but Drew should keep it competitive. Maritime Wins 12-8
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

I think you are a little optimistic with the Drew prediction. Maritime is defending Skyline champ and has a bunch of talented Long Island kids. Drew is still far from being competitive in the Landmark let alone against a tournament team from last year. Prediction- Maritime 18 Drew 6.
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Really strong bounceback win for Etown over #15 Dickinson. Mahoney once again played great in goal and the Blue Jay's D looked stout. Offense played a really clean game wiping out a lot of the unforced errors that sunk their momentum against SMC. This is Etown's first ranked win since upsetting then #18 W&L in 2017 (might be the conference's first ranked win since then as well... keep me honest). Interesting how Etown avenges their two goal loss to SMC by beating the Dickinson team that waxed Saint Mary's 15-8 to start the year. Strong showing, I'm excited to see how the Blue Jay's fare in the strong OOC contests they have scheduled against Stockton, York, and F&M.

-Big Mad :x
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Congrats to Etown. Not surprised with their defense. Coach P. was an excellent player and cut under Coach K. at LYN. Your goalie did have a great game and offense was sharp. Some of your players need to learn to control their temper. A couple unsportsmanlike, un-necessary and late hits could have cost them this one.

Did Dickinson overlook them? They did not look good... Certainly don’t see them in top 20 at this point. Thinking Cabrini will pound them and they will go winless vs. Denison and CNU at Mustang Classic..
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

Huge win for Etown looked like Dickinson was mounting a comeback late in the 4th but not enough for a stellar blue jays squad last night. Congrats!
Big step in the right direction for this team, really excited to see them going forward.

Goucher looked okay but just couldn't hang with McDaniel.

SU looks like one of the worst teams in D3 lacrosse. I don't know if some of the SU players had ever picked up a lacrosse stick before the season. If they have, they certainly are not being coached very well from what I saw out there. Looked like a mess, at one point I was worried for players safety as it was apparent SU players had no clue what they were doing. Congrats to the goalies who stood tall and got unleashed on. The 2nd half goalie almost scored!......Figure it out SU, yikes!

Congrats to Suskypride on calling that Drew game you were spot on with that prediction. Too much for the Rangers to handle.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Landmarkguy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 am Huge win for Etown looked like Dickinson was mounting a comeback late in the 4th but not enough for a stellar blue jays squad last night. Congrats!
Big step in the right direction for this team, really excited to see them going forward.

Goucher looked okay but just couldn't hang with McDaniel.

SU looks like one of the worst teams in D3 lacrosse. I don't know if some of the SU players had ever picked up a lacrosse stick before the season. If they have, they certainly are not being coached very well from what I saw out there. Looked like a mess, at one point I was worried for players safety as it was apparent SU players had no clue what they were doing. Congrats to the goalies who stood tall and got unleashed on. The 2nd half goalie almost scored!......Figure it out SU, yikes!

Congrats to Suskypride on calling that Drew game you were spot on with that prediction. Too much for the Rangers to handle.
I couldn’t agree more with your SU summary, thank you because I didn’t want to be the one to say it. They are a mess. And I agree player safety could be an issue moving forward. Looking at their schedule I don’t see much hope for a win this year, although they did add Immaculata so maybe they get one there.
As per Maritime, I saw them in the fall and they are a talented group with top notch assistants calling the shots. Definitely repeat as Skyline champs and have a chance to make some waves in the tourney.
Huge win for E’town but not surprised, Coach P has something special building there and they to could make an impact on the tourney also.
Scranton has looked good as well, looking forward to that matchup.
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

Huge win for Etown last night as they knock off a nationally ranked Dickinson team, that St Marys loss really hurts them now as without they would be getting some serious recognition on a national level. Think its obvious they are the favorites to win the Landmark once again as Coach P has done an excellent job with that program.
As for Susquehanna they are getting a lot of hate on this page, reasonably so. They went from the championship game to disaster very fast.After reading all the posts below I figured I needed to watch some of the game yesterday to see and sure enough the above posters were right as it looked like players weren't trying had given up which is a shame as that could cause injury. Do they even run an offense? Sure doesn't look like it. However I'm expecting Moan to figure it out fast with this squad, but I agree with the above posts as they may have a tough time winning a game with just the effort alone they displayed yesterday. This isn't a rebuild....this is a disaster.
As for Goucher they got a big win yesterday against Mcdaniel, a Centennial opponent. As an alum, last year was a real disappointment and with Susquehanna in a serious down year I think this could be the year they get back into the Landmark playoffs. Only time will tell!
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Pretty inflammatory stuff on SU. 17 seniors graduated. 5 other contributors did not come out or moved to different schools. It may indeed be a long year. Freshmen everywhere. 5 current starters or big contributors currently injured which has already inexperienced players playing out of position. I have no idea what people are talking about from a effort point of view...lax forums can really suck
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I have been to a lot of Lacrosse games throughout the years but after going to the Dickinson/Etowns game for only a 1/2, I was disgusted with the Dickinson Players taunting, cursing at the ETown players throughout the game and the parents doing chanting cheers and bringing a giant Dickinson flag into the stadium to put up in the bleachers. Who does that at an away game? Maybe at a tournament when the kids were in 6 th grade. I think Etown could have beaten them by more but it seamed to me penalties were being called one way. A lot of their goals came on man up situations. It is nice to see the Landmark Conf is making write ups in Us lacrosse etc. I blame the coaching for letting kids act this way and the parents must just be all psychos living there athletic greatness through their kids. Must have no regard for sportsmanship. Wont be going to any more Dickinson games for sure. Congrats to Etown for winning and hopefully shutting them up!!!!!!
richard

Post by richard »

I've seen this with Dickinson too, it's not an isolated incident. It surprises me.
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

Tough losses for Etown and Scranton today as both lost very close games against quality opponents. Would have been a very quality win for Etown as they may have been nationally ranked if they were able to do so. Susquehanna kept it very close throughout the game against a very good Muhlenburg team. Susquehanna showed up to play early. Funny how SU plays well and suddenly Landmarkguy is quiet. Funny how that works.
Good win for Goucher today against Lebanon Valley. They had great goaltending play throughout as they had 23 saves. That always helps!!! Susquehanna plays Lebanon this week so it will be good to see where they stand.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Etown a Definitely tough loose. Got down 5-1 and then came back to tie by half. It was a uphill battle with having 12 penalties accessed on them and only 2 against Stockton. Stockton had 12 man ups to score so not surprised by the out come. Not sure what the problem was with the refs but were really calling a lot of cheap penalties. Stockton bench didn't disappoint with their antics of laughing at kids etc., They must recruit kids to be on bench that are obnoxious and aren't good enough to ever play.
Would love to see them play Dickinson two class acts, Coaches must be proud.
FTB41

Post by FTB41 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:15 am Etown a Definitely tough loose. Got down 5-1 and then came back to tie by half. It was a uphill battle with having 12 penalties accessed on them and only 2 against Stockton. Stockton had 12 man ups to score so not surprised by the out come. Not sure what the problem was with the refs but were really calling a lot of cheap penalties. Stockton bench didn't disappoint with their antics of laughing at kids etc., They must recruit kids to be on bench that are obnoxious and aren't good enough to ever play.
Would love to see them play Dickinson two class acts, Coaches must be proud.
The kids on etowns bench must be saints
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Not at all but next to those teams yes. If you were at the games you would know that.
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

The game of lacrosse is competitive, especially with the those top teams like Dickinson. Welcome to the big leagues
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Susquehanna 13 - Lebanon Valley 9 ....it was 13-6 until garbage time. The youngins are stating to grow up ...but injuries and turnovers are still the negative factors. It is improving but still a big work in process
BigMad

Post by BigMad »

Nice bounceback win for Etown at Messiah tonight. Sophomore Nick Cost, who earlier today was named to the USILA DIII team of the week for his 7 goal performance last week, continues to roll with another 5 points tonight (1G/4A). Etown is getting good production from its underclassmen, a good sign of things to come.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Laxdad1960 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:01 pm Susquehanna 13 - Lebanon Valley 9 ....it was 13-6 until garbage time. The youngins are stating to grow up ...but injuries and turnovers are still the negative factors. It is improving but still a big work in process
Big win for the River Hawks. Glad to see them heading in the right direction.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”